Fisher of Peace (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Fisher of Peace (Open)

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on February 28th, 2011, 1:53 am

Serrif pondered the entire time what to say to Blythe. He did want her company back to the temple. First off because well he really wasn't paying attention to where he was going when he walked carrying Keyta to her families cottage, and second because he just generally liked her company. He followed Blythe the entire way and would lay the Keyta down wherever instructed. He then looked to Blythe and questioned.

"I would like your company back to the temple. I really wasn't paying attention here. And well I enjoy your company." He said with a somewhat charismatic smile.

He walked back to the temple with her and shortly after they left her families cottage he asked a rather interesting question. "I have been sifting through my thoughts and wonder Blythe; what is it that you want with the shells I collected? Do you wish to decorate something?" He was wrong but well maybe she would share what her gift was with him. Maybe not it really was her choice.

In all reality he never would've guessed what her gift was. He had never gotten any hints as to what it was or what she was capable of. If he did know he might have been a little more careful around her. But as of now he was just curious about this woman; and her race as well. They were a beautiful people, an exotic race that he really now began to understand why some still thought they were fables. The city they lived in was something of myth. The beautiful architecture that was in synch with the lake and every part of nature as well. These women were exotically beautiful; and how he longed to get a better understanding of them. They intrigued him and well honestly he had no idea that he would end up here. On this isle. It was fate; or chance either way he was indeed here now. His mind raged on and he felt his body still ache. He sighed and continued onward.

"I don't mean to sound rude by any means. But your race seems to age very gracefully. For instance I would guess you to be my age and not a day older. But your wisdom and grace suggests your beauty deceives me. Is this true?" He wasn't sure how else to phrase that but he really was curious to know.

That being said he wasn't sure how she would take it. But he was curious and indeed wanted to know what was going on. The Konti Isle was a wonderful place; a place he wanted to know more about. His mind whirled around and he could see calling this place home; because he really didn't have one now. He had a tent, as much as one would want to believe it a home it really wasn't. He wanted a cottage or something. Somewhere permanent that he could call his own. Somewhere he could furnish if he wanted. He wanted to find peace. The more he looked around the more he believed he could find home here; among the Konti. But he wanted to know what this place was like. He wasn't going to make plans to stay here if he didn't know what this place was really like. He didn't know it's inner workings. And so far he was somewhat unimpressed by the Temple. But you couldn't let a few encounters ruin a potentially good thing.
A man either lives life as it happens to him,
meets it head-on and licks it,
or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
Serrif Von Chatlyn
Never mistake composure for ease

Words: 999183
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2011, 4:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Trailblazer (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Fisher of Peace (Open)

Postby Blythe on February 28th, 2011, 2:18 am

Blythe's body felt far lighter now that she had dropped her bag off at home. Serrif had dropped the soundly sleeping Kelvic down upon her bed, and then tip-toed back out of her cottage, out almost as quickly as he had come in. Blythe had lingered a little longer, she had pulled a pale pink sheet up and around Keyta, gingerly tucking it into her sides, and letting it fall just below her chin. Blythe had left her grandmother in charge of Keyta until she had returned from the temple with or without Serrif, because apparently he couldn't be bothered to pay attention to where he was going. But at least he wasn't a proud enough man where he wouldn't ask for directions; and would much rather wander around in circles trying to find his own way.

Blythe sighed. Her body still ached from having walked so much, and carrying such a weight on her shoulders. She couldn't help but imagine that Serrif felt the same way. Her feet felt heavy, and her arms as though they would break off from her shoulders, and fall to the floor. She couldn't wait to get home and rest, although, now she was uncertain as to where she would sleep, with Keyta occupying her bed and all.

It was strange, no matter how many questions Serrif seemed to pose, Blythe simply could not take her mind off the girl, but that didn't mean she didn't do her best to reply to everything he asked her. Even if some of them did seem out of place, or perhaps invasive is a better word.

Blythe giggled. "Several Konti study the same trades. The most common among us, at least, from what I have seen, are those who study medicine and herbalism, fighting with the use of a suvai, and of course, fortune telling." Blythe paused for a moment before continuing. She couldn't help but wonder if he knew what a suvai was. Or perhaps he had heard them spoken of, but had never seen one. "Fortune telling is my trade. Sometimes, I will use shells for divination. Although, tarot cards are a preference."

The two walked along in silence for a few moments, over several patches of green grass. Finally, Blythe broke the silence that surrounded them and said, "thank you for the compliment Serrif. The Konti people do age rather well. But even so, your question is one that shall remain unanswered, for you know, as well as I, that it is not one's place to ask the age of a lady." She paused for a moment before adding, "which makes me wonder why you asked at all... despite your curiosity. It makes me wonder if there was another reason, something else..." Blythe's voice trailed off and she remained silent until they had reached the white gates that led up to the Opal Temple.

Blythe stopped in her tracks. She bowed her head slightly, and said, "this is where I shall leave you. You have no more use for a guide." Blythe paused for a moment as she raised her head again, and stared into Serrif's eyes. "I should be getting back to Keyta." Another short pause. "It was nice meeting you. Until our paths do cross," Blythe said, as she began to walk back towards her family's cottage.

OOCSince Keyta is now bedridden at my place, and Ser is going to the Temple, and I am someplace between the two of you, I was thinking we would wrap up soon. Perhaps we would do one more round of posting in which Keyta recounts her time until my return, Ser gets his things from the temple, and is inspected, for a lack of a better word, and I um... go back to my cottage. Just tell me what you think... send me a pm, reply to this thread and write in an OOC note, or even, come join me in the lovely AJAX chat. I seem to live there most of the day...
Not taking on threads until further notice.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Words: 487329
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Fisher of Peace (Open)

Postby Keyta on February 28th, 2011, 8:26 pm

Keyta looked down from her pink colored moon and saw another woman standing on a branch not far from where she sat. This woman had her back turned to her and a strong shadow keeping Keyta from being able to tell who it was. This woman had light hair, but the color was impossible to see, she was taller than Keyta, but not extremely tall either. She had on a white dress and for some reason was standing bare foot. The kelvic changed back to her bat self and tried to fly to her, but when she arrived on the branch the woman was standing, she disappeared. The moon in the sky then changed to a vivid blue color and Keyta became even more confused, what did all of this actually mean to her?

OOC*feels worthless atm*
Keyta
Silent and Observant

Words: 122829
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2010, 11:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Fisher of Peace (Open)

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on February 28th, 2011, 9:25 pm

Serrif was attentive to Blythe. He wanted to know what there was to know about her and these people. He liked it here and he wanted to become part of the community. Maybe he would eventually figure everything out. But his brain was like a sponge right now. Trying to soak up every bit of information Blythe gracefully gave to him.

It was only now that he really began to notice that he was far more lighter than before. He was able to keep up with Blythe easily unlike before. Her energizing steps make him quick on his feet. But he didn't really mind; he found her presence enthralling. She did answer the more important of his questions. It did appear true that the Konti women aged well. He was curious in this merely for his own use. He wanted a good grasp of who was young and who wasn't in this society. But he assumed he would have to just divine this from stature in society and wisdom. Human society was a little easier; you could read age fast and with really no effort. But age really didn't concern him as much as stature in the society structure. That was what he was really after; and usually age determined this. He thought this may not necessarily be the case in this race. Which made his job more difficult and more of a challenge all at the same time.

" I wouldn't ask your age Blythe for I know it is indeed improper. I ask such questions only because I am curious M'Lady. No other reasoning was present." He tried to recover and redeem himself because he honestly didn't want to know her age; just if her race aged gracefully as it seemed. And well they did.

He followed her still to the Temple and when she bowed to leave ha did the same. "Thank you Blythe. It has been a wonderful time making your acquaintance. I hope our paths cross soon." He then let her be on her way.

Well here he was. Just him and the somewhat nutty healing women of the Temple. He wondered just what they would do about him. Could they heal him? He didn't know. But was sure going to give this everything he had. He sighed and walked in. Back to where he had left his belongings. To his relief they were still there. But really what else did he expect? He didn't have anything really all that valuable on him when he left the bag here.

OOCOk I'm gonna turn this thread in for xp now ^^ It was fun.
A man either lives life as it happens to him,
meets it head-on and licks it,
or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
Serrif Von Chatlyn
Never mistake composure for ease

Words: 999183
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2011, 4:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Trailblazer (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Fisher of Peace (Open)

Postby Alice on March 19th, 2011, 11:46 am

Serrif Von Chatlyn

Experience: 1 Fishing, 1 Medicine, 5 Observation, 2 Body Building, 1 Interrogation
Lores: Renaming Oneself, First Aid, How to Immobilize Limbs, The Opal Temple (basic), Hiding Sickness, Enduring Physical Exhaustion, Experiencing Flashbacks, Watching a Healer Work, Determination, Konti (basic)

Blythe

Experience: 5 Observation, 2 Leadership, 2 Interrogation, 1 Hospitality
Lores: Calming Keyta, Being Worried about a Friend, Being impatient

Keyta

Experience: 5 Observation
Lores: Being Blinded by Sunlight, Breaking Several Bones, Getting Attached to Blythe, Experiencing Pain

Comments

Beautiful writing, all of you! I enjoyed reading the thread, and there were so many aspects I want to highlight because I especially liked them. For example, Serrif’s difficulties with his physical condition, or Keyta’s confusing dreams. I also feel glad for Blythe who seems to have found a child she can care for. If you have problems with what I awarded, please tell me!
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Previous