[Lhavit] Conflicting Friendships (Vendaril, Una Nox)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Vendaril on March 4th, 2011, 8:33 am

The little pride Vendaril still had was moaning in anguish in his mind. You don't need him! The shame in crawling back like a naughty mutt.. Put the fear in him again... "No." A second passed - and the ghastly man realised he spoke that last word aloud. The quizical looks from the other two were what made him catch on. Tao looked fearful again, or should that be still?

"I mean, I don't need your forgiveness Tao." The sneering aloofness cheered in Vendaril's crowded mind. "Or I haven't earned it anyway. I wish I could, but I don't think I can. What I did was wrong, and the most I can ask of you is for you to forget. You are a good person Tao, and I would like to count you as a friend." The cheering died to scathing muttering muffled behind imaginary hands.

Una's soft hand still clasped Vendaril's scrawny forearm, but it had lost it's cast iron lock and now felt more like a comforting gesture. Vendaril appreciated it - even if it was only an absent-minded attempt to prevent him running off. Perhaps Lhavit would be different to the rest of the towns he had stopped of at over the course of his various journeys. Friends were hard to come by, and he certainly had never met a friend like Una. Even now he couldn't help catching her eye, trying to convey the way he felt, trapped - but not neccesarily in a bad way. A good trapped if such a thing existed; today had to happen some day, and he was glad to clear the air. His little relief let loose his tensed musculature, his bunched hands falling limp to his side.

Looking back to Tao, he hoped he could see a glimmer of friendliness in his dewey eyes, not unlike those of a lame deer. Skittish though the stargazer was, the Symenestra hoped he could muster the courage to give friendship another shot. Whilst Una was fantastic, she proved more of a hindrance on the hunt rather than an aide. No fault of her own, she was simply far to distracting for the amature tracker to focus on prints when she was near. Tao on the other hand, he was quiet and uncomplaining, and decidedly unattractive to Vendaril. He kept out of the way when the hunter was doing his thing, and provided stimulating conversation.

"I, ahem, I was planning to go hunting again soon Tao... I mean, if it's too soon I have no qualm with - what I'm trying to say is, well..." the voice that was usually so reliable cut out, leaving the invitation hanging.
Vendaril
the Doped Up Caveman

Words: 54016
Joined roleplay: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Tao on March 17th, 2011, 4:22 am

Tao took a deep breath, feeling it catch in his throat. There was something in Vendaril's face that was... sincere. It felt like he was again looking at the man who had spent a night with him around a campfire rather than the vicious killer who had threatened his life. It was almost like they were two different people.

No smile crossed his face, no indication of any of the relief that suddenly filled his heart. He was exhausted by the confrontation, his chest still tight with tension and his whole body shaking with adrenaline. But despite that, the fear clouding his mind had cleared.

He had been lonely, for the longest time. Lhavit was his dream, his fairytale, but that didn't change the fact that he didn't have any real friends. When he had first arrived, Vendaril had been there, and he had felt like he had met someone himself for once, and they liked him because of him, not because he was his father's son, or the young waiter.

That had been what his father had wanted, and despite the fear seized into every part of his body, he wanted that back. He wanted that friendship, brief though it had been.

All he had to do was make sure that Vendaril would never be in a position to turn on him again.

“...I-I-I...” He went to reply, but his lips did not care for his words, trembling despite himself. “... No hunting... But... maybe... we can talk, again. Una too. In the Surya Plaza. Tomorrow night?”

The Plaza was safe, swarming with Shinya. Una was safe, should it come to that. He still didn't quite trust Vendaril, and he knew he wouldn't for a long time. But...

What did you expect to find?

I... have to try. I have to do this, or I'm never going to change.

OOCSo, Una has unfortunately gone missing, and we're just going to finish up without her. :( Also, sorry this post is so short, Ven.

Tao
Indesicive Stargazer

Words: 114213
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2010, 4:15 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vendaril on March 18th, 2011, 8:06 am

The cruel beast in Vendaril’s head withdrew into some dark crevice, hissing as it went. He regained full control of his thoughts. Scratching his head and sharply drawing breath he shifted his weight from foot to foot. Una’s grip was almost nonexistent now, and she did not protest when he eased himself from between her fingers.

Awkward silence reigned supreme over them, the distant call of owls and other night birds echoing in the gloom, along with the dull murmur of the Surya Plaza. When Tao finally spoke up, Vendaril was glad. Even Una was being unusually quiet. The young man’s proposition discouraged Vendaril slightly, it seemed he was reluctant to be left out in the open with a Symenestra. Still, he reasoned, I did threaten to kill him… Didn’t I? I can’t remember what was said… Still, the fact that Tao was willing to at least try to put all this behind them provided some hope. Perhaps given time he would come to forget what had come to pass, and things could be the way they were before.

“Yes, that sounds good.” Vendaril gave a slightly pained smile, wincing at the remaining tension in the air. “I guess I’ll see you there…” Una also agreed to accompany them there – this seemed to relieve Tao a little. He’s obviously terrified, why is he agreeing to this? He must be more courageous than he seems… Either that or he’s completely intimidated. Either or.

There seemed nothing more to say at this point, and after standing a moment in silence, Vendaril spoke up again. “Well, I suppose I shall see you again tomorrow Tao.” With that said, he took Una’s hand once more and turned, walking away through the empty street.

OOCWow, I really can’t think of anything to add to this, you want to shut it off now?
Vendaril
the Doped Up Caveman

Words: 54016
Joined roleplay: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Ophelia on March 28th, 2011, 9:34 am

Tao: +2 Compassion, +1 Rhetoric
Vendaril: +1 Intimidation, +2 Rhetoric

Tao: Flight Response, Accepting Apologies, Safety First
Vendaril: Relationship 101 in Kalinor, Apologising, Disheartened at a Lack of Trust

I love Vendaril/Tao threads. You two have simply the cutest friendship. I loved how you didn't make them rush gleefully into eachother's arms, and go home to braid each other's hair. Your rp'ed their reconciliation realistically, and I look forward to watching it mend. I didn't award Una anything because she went AWOL, but if she comes back and wants xp, I'll regrade for her as well. As always, questions/concerns/pictures of Aragorn, PM me.
Ophelia
Just A Fool's Hope

Words: 97802
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2011, 12:40 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous