Walk it off (Aello)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Walk it off (Aello)

Postby Rysen Londell on March 23rd, 2011, 7:29 pm

Rysen sat there staring at her for a moment with his mouth hanging open just ever so slightly. Did she think he was being serious? It seems that she was taking him very literal and that his poor attempts at humor were being wasted, as usual. After all he had never thought that she intended to kill him, why would she would want to? He could think of no reason why she would but he shrugged it off. Perhaps she was right about being in Ravok, he was still adjusting to life here and hopefully she was right. The last thing he wanted was odd glares from people muttering to themselves because that attracts attention and that was not something he wanted attention for.

He reached up and caught the water skin she had offered to him. "Thanks, but a draw? Don't sell yourself short, this one was all yours." As he spoke a slight grin crept across his face. He reached up with his right hand and grabbed onto his left sleeve and ripped it the stitching until it had come off. He felt that looked very awful so he turned and ripped the other sleeve off as well. This was my favorite shirt too... He chuckled as this shirt was old and ragged looking anyway, it was little more than a rag at this point anyway. One of the sleeves he rolled up and placed in his pocket and the other he soaked with some of the water from her pouch. He lifted his shirt up and pressed the wet rag against his cut. It stung a bit at first but the coolness felt good against his skin. After a few moment he began to wipe away the blood from around the wound. Soon most of the blood was gone except for the stains on his shirt and the little bit that still flowed out from the cut itself.

"I didn't mean to offend you, just thought I'd ask."He slowly got to his feet and handed her water skin back to her. His back lay at his feet and he hooked one of his legs between the straps and kicked it up to himself. Painfully he twisted his body so that he could put his arms through and pulled the bag up to his shoulders. Fatigue had set in now and he was certainly aware of it, his stomach let out a low grumble. "Hmm...Well some bandages and some food and I'll be fine. I can grill up some fish for us if you like, how about it? Or do you have other plans?"
The greatest strength is having all the power and knowing how not to use it.
Rysen Londell
The Potential Paragon

Words: 35581
Joined roleplay: February 14th, 2011, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Walk it off (Aello)

Postby Aello on March 23rd, 2011, 11:21 pm

"Well aren't you one for kind words," Aello chuckled as she took her waterskin back from him, and closed the lid. "As for the fish, the two of us shall pass. We're not much for seafood. Are we Yune?" Aello asked. The bird chirped in response. "You see Rysen?" Aello added, as she returned to the window, knelt, and put her waterskin back in her bag. She grabbed her quiver and placed it over her arms, allowing it to settle in its proper place on her back. The bag and was next, her cloak stuffed inside, Aello threw it over her shoulder.

Next, Aello placed her left hand by the window. Yune hopped up, and then followed the length of Aello's arm to her shoulder. "There you go, all comfortable Yune?" Aello asked, as she grabbed her shortbow in her right hand. She stood herself back up, and turned to face Rysen. "Thanks for the practice though Rysen, and the offer. But we really best be going should we expect to find anything to eat before dark." There was a slight pause. "The restaurants and bars around here just don't satisfy one's desire for a good meal. Always burning things or undercooking them." Aello walked towards the door. She extended her right hand towards the knob.

"Anyway, it was good to see you again Rysen. Until our paths do cross," Aello said as her fingers curled around the knob. She stopped for a moment and dropped her hand. She looked over her shoulder again, her long brown hair tumbling over the right side of her face. "You may want to wait a few minutes before you leave. Best we not be seen together. Wouldn't want them to notice us, and think we're up to something." Aello's hand returned to the doorknob, it felt so cold. To what she had been referring remained unclear, and Aello imagined, that the man would be left to wonder.

Aello turned the knob clockwise until she heard the lock click. When she did, she pulled the door back, and stepped outside. She closed the door as quietly as she could behind her. "Come on Yune, time to disappear," the young spiritist whispered as she looked left, and then right down the street. No one seemed to be around. An easy enough descent into the shadows. Aello turned to the right and began walking down the street. When she reached the corner, she turned left, and then took the right down another narrow alleyway. Soon enough, the woman had disappeared from sight.

OOCPerhaps you could post once more, and then we could send it in for grading. It was fun rping with you again. =)
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Walk it off (Aello)

Postby Rysen Londell on March 24th, 2011, 5:06 am

Rysen shrugged his shoulders as he slid down the wall to the floor. Now he was comfortably on the ground with his back against the wall. Suit yourself then. You two take care of yourselves." He threw his hand up in farewell as they exited the dilapidated building. He let out a heavy sigh and his head fell back against the wall, his eyes were heavy and he realized exactly how tired his was. She suggested waiting here so they weren't seen together, what did that matter. Who knows...what a strange woman. His eyes fluttered shut as he waited for enough time to pass, ten minutes ought to be enough.

Suddenly he jolted awake and looked around the empty room, he thought he heard a voice but he saw nothing. He had fallen asleep and had no idea how much time had passed, Crap. I wonder how long I was out. He raised his arm and wiped away a small line of droll from his chin. His bag was next to him and he grabbed it as he stood. Next he reached down for his sword. As he held it he looked at his reflection in it, he felt better about carrying it now. Even though he hadn't done so well at least he knew what it felt like to wield such a thing.

He stretched and felt his side jolt as he did so. "Oh, right." His left hand slid up and touched where his cut was, and he was sure that it would leave a scar. Something he had very little of. As he slung his bag over his back he head for the door and took one last look around the empty room. "This place gives me for the creeps." The ally way was empty as he made his way down. It was starting to get dark and he decided it best to head outside the city and make camp near the lake as usual.
The greatest strength is having all the power and knowing how not to use it.
Rysen Londell
The Potential Paragon

Words: 35581
Joined roleplay: February 14th, 2011, 4:41 am
Character sheet

Walk it off (Aello)

Postby Seth on March 31st, 2011, 5:29 pm

Rysen:

• +3 Longsword XP
  • +1 Brawling XP
  • +1 Rhetoric XP

Lores: A General Idea of What Most Weapons Look Like, Basic Longsword Stance, Basic Longsword Attack and Defense, The Feeling of a Simple Wound.

The Method behind my Madness :
You used your blade a little more than Aello here, so you get one more XP point than her! You also get the brawling point for a the two brawling moves you did, as well as a Rhetoric point, for having a fine little joust with words!

Aello:

• +1 Birdkeeping XP
  • +1 Teaching XP
  • +2 Dagger XP
  • +1 Rhetoric XP

Lores: Using a Dagger Against Larger Weapons, Basic Dagger Attack and Defense, The Feeling of a Simple Wound, The Feeling of Slight Attraction.

The Method behind my Madness :
You get an XP point in Teaching for showing Rysen how to use the correct stance, as well as a couple of XP points in dagger! A lot of your time was spent taunting the poor fellow! You get a XP point for the taunting, in the form of Rhetoric... and don't forget the XP point for birdkeeping, for taking care of the little one!

You two did great! The only thing I noticed is that perhaps the swordplay could use a little more in the way of description... you were both great in describing the blood and the wounds, as well as the emotions! But what about all of the thought that goes into the swordplay? The strategy? The form? Even a beginner would have some basic ideas! This is just a tip though, and not a requirement. It was a pleasant read, and I know I will be seeing more from both of you. ;)
Seth
Retired Staff

Words: 100299
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:00 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous