Arrows of Endrykas [Rhuric]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on February 28th, 2011, 11:47 pm

Sama'el had been a hard traveler for two years, but when he found his way back to Endrykas that Summer, he had settled down, at least as much as one could settle with the roving city. Now he traveled with Endrykas, and ran circuit with the Watch, but until his skills with the Web were greater, he would not travel too far ahead or behind. He was not yet rich as Drykas counted such things, but he was working on it.

"Well, where do you wish to go? It would be best to stay with Endrykas until we are nearest your destination. Soon enough we will move nearer to Claridon. Syliras in Summer, and all things northeasterly... We'll be near Riverfall again in the Fall."

He had nothing to say about Striders, as they chose who they would. Sama'el just felt lucky enough to have Dohaina even though he had failed proud Hasieran all those years ago.

"I'm sure if you put your mind to it, you could hone your skills enough to join the Watch. Or if you do travel, when you come back you might have gained them. I wasn't sure they would want me at all, but I had been initiated into the Web and it seemed like the best place to learn more. And they agreed.

"Weapons? Well, for master bowyers, I would suggest you go to Feather Run. I haven't seen anything better for a better price in the pavilions, but that might change, especially if you become more skilled." He grinned, always one to encourage others.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Rhuric Bloodgrass on March 6th, 2011, 9:22 pm

He had not put to much thought in where he would travel if he left his people. He heard great things about Syliras. “Perhaps if I left I would head toward Syliras. I hear the city is a wonderful sight to lay eyes upon. Especially for men like me who rarely see anything but trees and bushes. But it is only a thought for the moment.” He let the subject trail off with that.

Perhaps one day he would be worthy enough for the Watch, but it would take massive amounts of work, time, and labor to hone his skills enough. And he was not set on that path either, so he wouldn’t focus his time for something he wasn’t sure about himself. His pathway was foggy at the moment. He had no idea which way he wanted to head, or the best way to accomplish his goals, if he ever figured out what they were. “Well Sama’el, it was fun while it lasted. But I truly must be on my way to catch the shops before they close down for the night. I am sure I will bump into you one day soon, then I can show you what I can do with a long bow. Take care friend” And with his goodbye said, he began to walk toward Feather Run, he was in desperate need of a new longbow and could not be delayed much longer than he had been already..
Venestus
Rhuric Bloodgrass
Player

Words: 13485
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2011, 10:06 pm

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on March 13th, 2011, 9:38 pm

"Syliras is certainly much different from Endrykas," he assured him. "Most of it is indoors, their city built of stone rather than tents. But they have nice horses in the Windmount Stables, and they are surrounded by woods that are good to hunt and such like."

Sama'el clasped wrists with the man. "Thank you for your help, friend Rhuric. It was a pleasure to meet you."

When the man was well away, Sama'el drew yet another arrow from his quiver, nocked it, and tilted his head to the side to sight differently. When he loosed the arrow, he hit the bull's-eye. His jaw dropped. Of course, once nobody was watching, he did rather well.

Setting his bow down, he laughed and did a cartwheel, putting so much momentum into his simple acrobatics that he bounced out of it into a couple of little leaps. He was going to have to work on those acrobatic skills again soon if he was going to keep impressing Dymphna long enough to earn her hand in marriage.

Dohaina whickered, but it sounded like laughter.

END
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ganmedo on April 8th, 2011, 3:11 am

Blessings from the Cupbearer

Sama'el

XP:

Webbing + 1
Shortbow + 4
Acrobatics + 1
Storytelling + 1

Lore:

Rhuric Bloodgrass
Evil-looking doggies

Rhuric Bloodgrass

XP:

Lore:

COMMENTS:

There ya go, bebe. If you have any questions or concerns, let me know.
Ganmedo
The Cupbearer

Words: 7348
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 8:37 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous