[Flashback] Crossing of paths on hallowed ground (Ren Tanor)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Crossing of paths on hallowed ground (Ren Tanor)

Postby Nex Paciscor on March 25th, 2011, 7:55 pm

"Some circumstances require it of me, like traveling with a caravan of merchants who don't take to kindly to a wolf running around scaring the horses or walking around naked among them in human form. Tends to make the creatures nervous." Nex said speaking bluntly, in a manner of one not versed well in the ways of speech manners.

The majority gaurds only a few feet behind him bristled at the remark, and the rest just adopted a expression of frustration, as if they where annoyed by his insolence, but him being a wolf prevented them from doing anything about it as most of them accepted the fact he didn't know any better. This was the not the only reason they held back on setting him in his place. The merchants where good friends of this man's master, and if word got back of the abuse of his beloved 'pet', as they so referred to him as, the old man would surley seek an exactment of revenge of sorts.

Nex oblivious to the gaurds displeasure continued on with his explination without an interuption. "Where i in more agreeble company, i would glad shed this second skin to be free once more." He said. "But of course i have my horse as well to look after as it bears the brunt of my equipment, cloths, and food."

He licked his lips, and gazed out over the grasslands briefly. "The caravan is bound for Zeltiva, we could go with the caravan to there, to which i could dispense with my unneccesary gear and horse and adopt more comfortable attire, or we could aim ourself to wherever you feel ourselves to be."
Nex Paciscor
Player

Words: 159798
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 6:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ren Tanor on March 25th, 2011, 10:10 pm

Ren made a low gutteral growl as one of the guards edged closer to retrieve his sword. "Now back to what you were saying, oh..... yes the travel, I would love to accompany you on your travels.
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Words: 31487
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2011, 11:24 pm
Character sheet

Postby Nex Paciscor on March 26th, 2011, 4:57 am

He nodded in gratitude to the man's acceptance of his offer. "I am pleased to hear that, though i think you might have to give the gaurd back his sword, or they just might take back their invitation of hospitality." he said noticing for the first time the tension rising among his human associates.

He strode over to his horse and pulled himself easily up to the saddle. "Come my friend you are my welcome guest along this trip, and shall they not extend to you their resouces, i will share what little i have with you. Its only a mere four days or more trip to Zeltiva." Nex said as he looked back and saw that despite all their grumbling the gaurds decided it would be best to welcome this newcomer. He didn't quite understand what all the fuss was about but intuition told him either this was a stroke of luck, or his master had quite some influence. Either way it was of no concern to him, even when the captain of the gaurd, a seasoned old warrior by the name of Lacertus Longmoore came up alongside his horse.

Spiting on the ground, the man sat atop of a magnificant Nightwalker, the horse showing off either the man's wealth or strength of arm, or maybe even both mused Nex. He had learned from his master long ago about the value of horses, and although he spent months upon months of trying to understand what his master was teaching him, he still found him self perplexed at the notion of buying a fellow animal, and the thought rather repulsed him. He only rode his horse because he had to, it was much easier to carry his stuff around and he didn't have to walk on his clumsy human feet all the time. Nex made sure to take supreme care of his horse at all times as well. It seemed the gaurd captian took care of his horse to, and thus Nex did not mind him in the least.

"Ok, ok the Kelvic can come with the caravan" he said spitting the name of his race like it left a bad taste in his mouth just by saying it. "but once we get to Zeltiva you and him are both out of this caravan for good, and i dont care what your master says about it." Finished with his words he turned his horse around and spurred it to the middle of the line, a cloud of dust chasing its way up into the air.

Most noticably was the instinct to bite the man's throat for such a insult to his honor, race and what little authority he had. But the greater instinct of knowing how to choose your battles in a effort to survive is the only thing that kept him from attacking the man. Uttering an indeciferable growl, he shook off the anger and then turned to his new friend. "Shall we take point?"
Nex Paciscor
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ren Tanor on March 26th, 2011, 5:44 am

"It would be my pleasure" Ren said a cheerfull tone. Ren then proceded to sit ont the horse signaling for Nex to sit in front of him.
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Words: 31487
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2011, 11:24 pm
Character sheet

Postby Nex Paciscor on March 26th, 2011, 1:10 pm

Getting on in front of him, Nex made everything was secure on the horse before starting off. They traveled for fourteen and a half straight days at a brisk pace stopping during the nights for rest and protection. Along the way thery where harrased by glassbeaks, as the other gaurds called them, and these strange serpents Nex had never seen before nor heard of.

We they finally arrived at Zeltiva, the caravan of course parted ways with them Nex and Ren permanetly kept from traveling with them ever again. The merchants had been thankfully kind to Ren, providing them both food and water when they needed it. It seemed to be a good start for now. He still had a weeks worth of supplies and quite a sum of gold, all that remains is to follow their path and find where it leads.
Nex Paciscor
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Baku on April 10th, 2011, 1:35 am

Thou has written, and thou has completed, so I award thee the following....

Nex: +5 Observation, +2 Riding, +4 Rhetoric, +1 Negotiation

Lore: Uneasy Boat Rides, The Urge to Shift, Feeling Like a Stranger, Proper Saddle Preparations, Regaining Composure, Calling Out to the Hidden, Meeting the First of His Own Race, Standing Ground in Acts of Dominance, Origins and Destinations, Being on Guard, Ren’s Purpose, Sympathy for Ren, A Proposition Accepted,

Ren: +5 Observation, +1 Stealth, +4 Rhetoric, +1 Hand to Hand

Lore: Watching the Caravan, Sneaking in for a Closer Look, A More Peaceful Approach, Sizing Up the Competition, Dangerous Actions When Meeting a Caravan Guard, The Quest of Vengeance, A Proposition Offered, Curiosity of Nex’s Choice of Form,

Special Notes: Ren: -1 Gold Miza

Additional Notes: A decent beginning to a partnership in the making. Ren, however, will have cuts on his hand for wrenching the sword free from a guards hand by the blade. Even with Hand to Hand training, at beginner’s levels, you wouldn’t be able to pull off without incurring injury. They will take 30 days to fully heal, provided they’re cleaned and bandaged properly to avoid infection. Or you could find a healer at a town, and pay for healing services to have them healed sooner. Until the injuries have healed, you will have extreme difficulties while traveling in Wolf form.

As well, the guard does get his sword back. You don’t wrest a sword from a Caravan guard and expect him and others to be intimidated by one Kelvic when they want to retrieve it. The Gold Miza you flipped to him can be deducted from your ledger so that the guard in question, and the others with the Caravan, didn’t outright kill your character for theft and threatening behavior.

Nex, unfortunately, any further payment by the Caravan Guards to your character will be void in compensation for allowing Ren to travel with them based off your request. The more realistic scenario would have been the guards sending you both away, at optimistically best. Mizahar is a violent world, and most who appear threatening would be set upon harshly by those who are paid to guard and protect.

~Not all dreams, are meant to be had.

Baku
Dream Eater

Words: 151190
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2010, 4:28 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous