The Wild Blue-ish Yonder! (Edalene)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Postby Jarhal Treeshadow on December 26th, 2010, 3:27 pm

5th of Winter, 510 AV

Endrykas was boring and cold. Maybe if he had more friends with big huge tents he could mooch off of it wouldn't be so bad, but so far he didn't feel very comfortable doing that to anyone he knew. So for him, there was little to be found in Endrykas than a cold little pitiful tent. It was no difficult decision that it was time to waste the day away in the wilds, going back out to search. Search for what? Well, he hadn't quite figured that part out yet. He could feel that something out there was worth looking for though, and with the amount of time he wasted in the grassland he was sure to find it eventually. Or be killed by a terrible monster.

Dressed in his normal winter wear, his heavy green cloak fringed with elk's fur and understated composite bow as always present, he walked to the main entrance & exit of Endrykas with his scarred mutt Chural at heel. He remembered once trying to leave the dog at home once, sneak out without waking him up, but the dog had tracked him down. Now he just resigned himself to never being without the mongrel. The hound was a good friend anyhow really, as far as dogs were concerned. Not much of a conversationalist, though.

To say he had a plan of where he was going to go would be say entirely too much. He had a general idea, maybe. But it would almost surely change as he got out there, guided by where he went more by whim than anything. It took a while to decide whether or not to take his Strider along for a ride, but he always felt worried when he did. It was alright for him to endanger himself, maybe get himself eaten by a Glassbeak, but it was a whole other matter to get his horse killed too. So long Topher lived, it felt like a part of him would live on too. He worried more for his two animal friend's safety more than himself.

He arrived at the entrance, marked by the sudden halt of colored tents, and halted just outside the ring of Endrykas. He began then to check what all he had, began to make sure that he had what he needed to survive in a pinch. A man was never hurt for being prepared, after all, and you could never tell what you would find in the Sea of Grass. Sometimes they were good surprises, and sometimes they were bad surprises.
Jarhal Treeshadow
Emerald Clan Hunter

Words: 76851
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2010, 4:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Edalene on December 27th, 2010, 1:47 pm

Eda was wandering around the outskirts of Endrykas. She never dared to go futher than the last outsprawled tent, not trusting enough in her abilities as a warrior to venture out alone. As a child, Eda would run off into the Sea of Grass at random, inopportune times, usually severly angering someone or other. That person was usually her father, who was worried sick and overprotective. Eda's punishments usually involved much more cleaning than she was particularly happy with. Eda stared wistfully at the horizon. She wished she still had enough courage to go out wandering. Now that her father didn't care, she would have no penalties for going outside the haphazard boundaries of the sprawling city. She paced for a couple of steps, then sat down again, sighing.

Cradling her broadsword closer to her chest, Eda was watching the horizon when a Drykas man she had not seen before came tramping across the picturesque scene. He was wearing a fur coat, dark green in colour, and carrying a beautifully simple crossbow. Eda found the crossbow a beautifully lyrical weapon, having had no aim herself. Eda watched the man with keen eye, confused as to where he was going. He placed his pack down and began to rummage through everything, looking as if he were doing a mental inventory of everything in it.

Eda decided to creep up to the man and see what he was doing. She got up silently, and attempted to sneak up behind the man, testing out her tracking skills. Sadly, she stumbled a bit on a rock and let out a yelp of surprise. "Petching ow!" She jumped up and down for a while, grabbing at her toe, face scrunched up in pain. She froze, her mouth open in a comical 'O' as she realised the stranger could see her antics. She sheepishly put her foot down and scuffed the ground a little with her (uninjured!) toe. "Um, hello there."
Edalene
Something more.

Words: 160500
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 9:01 am
Character sheet

Postby Jarhal Treeshadow on December 27th, 2010, 3:19 pm

Jarhal and his dog exchanged a look as the woman comically revealed herself. The hunter straightened himself, affixing the emerald gemstone pendant that pinned his cloak together at the neck. Before returning her greeting, he gave her a good looking-over, like a man sizing up a horse more than anything. In truth, he was just trying to get a clue as to her pavilion, since all the gemstone clans had their specific 'look' or identifying mark. He certainly made no secret that he was from the emerald clan, with all this green.

He frowned as he failed to come to an agreement on the issue, leaning towards guessing sapphire due to the blue of some of her clothes. It always annoyed him to fail at figuring these sorts of things out. It felt like cheating to just ask.

"Hello." He inclined his head slightly to her in a respectful enough greeting, "Break anything?" He pointed a finger down, presumably to his foot, and continued. "Chural can kiss it and make it feel better, if you like. He's got magic slobber." He paused to tap his chin in mock-thoughtfulness, murmuring loudly, "I should really start bottling it..."

Giving a smile to show he was done making bad jokes, he poked himself in the chest with a finger and introduced himself. "I am Jarhal of the Emerald Clan, and you seem bored. Are you bored, Miss...?"
Jarhal Treeshadow
Emerald Clan Hunter

Character sheet

Postby Edalene on January 1st, 2011, 7:31 am

Edalene blushed just a little as the man gave her a once over, clearly looking for something on her clothes. She always felt like she was three years old or something, when people scrutinized her in that way. As the man pointed at her foot, she blushed some more. "No, my foot's okay. It's just kind of sore. I do things like that a lot, you know, just trip over things. It's kind of embarrassing. You know what else is embarrassing? When I ramble like this. It's compulsive, I'm sorry. Shutting up now..." She swallowed any more words that threatened to bubble up over her lips.

She grimaced as he offered his dog to ... kiss her foot, or something? "Um, I'm fine thank you. Tell your dog, thanks or... something." Edalene was confused. Why would someone bottle dog spit for medicinal purposes? Was that even helpful? Edalene smiled back confusedly, wondering what on earth this man was on about. She was thankful when they changed the subject to names and identities, a subject she knew much more about than dog slobber.

"Jarhal, it is nice to meet you. I am Edalene, of the Diamond Pavillion." She stepped closer, shaking her hair out and nodding towards the man's pack. "May I ask what you are doing out here in the Sea of Grass?" She laughed at his question. "Bored, not really. Just wandering around out here by myself... yes, okay, I am bored."
Edalene
Something more.

Character sheet

Postby Jarhal Treeshadow on January 2nd, 2011, 6:11 pm

"Diamond, huh? I guess the sword should have given it away..." He rubbed a hand on his chin, before shrugging. "Well, nice to meet you Edalene. What I'm doing is taking a walk somewhere. I'm not sure where, but that's not really the point. You understand what I'm saying, right? Of course you do."

He nodded assuredly and hefted his bow again, a quiver of green-feathered arrows peeking out at an angle on his back partly concealed by his cloak. Did she understand? It seemed doubtful, diamonds didn't normally appreciate the land the same an emerald did. To them it was less about nature and more about territory. There was no problem in that view, they had different duties than him after all, but it would be a shame to get so engrossed in protecting your land that you forgot to enjoy the sights of it.

"Just out wandering, you say? I'll bet you were really out training, readying yourself to strike down any foreign defilers unlucky enough to cross your path. Oh, some might be fooled off-guard by the bubbly young girl act, but I see right through it." He patted his chest, holding a triumphant grin. His eyes, however, were not those of a crazy man. They looked bored if anything. "I'm too smart for all that, Stormwarden Champion Edalene. I bet you kill glassbeaks for fun, and make Zith flee in fear. Isn't that right? Boy, I'm sure glad you're on my side."

He wasn't trying to be insulting, nothing was said in a scathing sarcastic way... he just felt like being silly today. A bit of fun before he walked aimlessly about the Sea of Grass.
Jarhal Treeshadow
Emerald Clan Hunter

Character sheet

Postby Edalene on January 8th, 2011, 3:40 am

Taking a walk somewhere? Since when did someone just take a walk somewhere? She stared at the man, one thought coming to mind. Time waster. What sort of a Drykas wandered around the place when there was so much work that still needed to be done? ... Wait. She did that. Many an occasion popped into her head, where Eda had been wandering around Endrykas for no reason at all. Then again, Jarhal -- if it were not too rude to think of him by his first name -- at least went aimlessly wandering around the Sea of Grass. He was evidently much more brave that city-safe Eda.

She almost chuckled aloud at Jarhal's dramatic proclamations. She was seriously amused by the image of poor old Edalene striking down a foreign defiler. Just the image of Edalene striking down ANYTHING was amusing. Knowing her, she'd probably end up dropping her sword on the foot of the opponent, rather than chopping off the head dramatically. She laughed at her new title.

"Stormwarden Champion? I would not go that far. I've never even seen a Zith, the closest I've come to one is hearing the stories of the other legitimate warriors of the Diamond Clan." She leaned in closer, her eyes twinkling. "And I'll let you in on a secret, if you don't tell anyone. The bumbling young girl act? Not an act at all." Her humour died out of her as she realised just how much of a bumbling young girl she really was.

"My father doesn't know I'm out here. If he did, I'm pretty sure I'd be Zith meat. He wouldn't be too happy. Actually, he might not really care. But the point is, I'm not actually supposed to be here. And it's kind of fun breaking the rules." She smiled at him, re-appraising Jarhal's outift. "So, um, Jarhal, if I may call you that, you ever been over that horizon?" She pointed out over the plains, wondering just how far this hunter had been in the world.
Edalene
Something more.

Character sheet

Postby Mixcoatl on April 12th, 2011, 8:50 pm

The Lord of the Hunt is Pleased!

The Lord of the Hunt showers you with gifts in joyous celebration!

Jarhal1

Experience
None

Lore
Edalene (Basic)
Giving Someone Too Grand a Title
Being Bored

Edalene

Experience
None

Lore
Stubbing Your Toe
Breaking the Rules is Fun!
Jarhal (Basic)
Being Bored

Additional Notes: If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, don't hesitate to PM me!

Mixcoatl
Son, I am Disappoint

Words: 44188
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2010, 3:34 am
Race: Staff account
Office