[Robert's Scrapbook] Disaster Within

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Robert Cithon on April 12th, 2011, 2:04 pm

Robert

Cithon

Robert Cithon
Every Scar Is A Lesson Learned

Words: 84413
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2011, 5:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Robert Cithon on April 12th, 2011, 2:10 pm

In Memory of My Brother

1/14/1989--4/11/2011
Robert Cithon

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Robert Cithon on April 22nd, 2011, 4:18 pm

Definition of SLUMP
intransitive verb
a : to fall or sink suddenly
b : to drop or slide down suddenly

I am officially in a slump. In light of everything that has happened to me recently, I lack any motivation whatsoever. I am honestly grateful when I log in lately that I have no PM's, or new posts in current threads. Mostly so that I don't have to reply. My posts right now lack creativeness, proper spelling, and or length and detail. I feel I am insulting other players by not dedicating time to properly reply to posts.

I am not sure why I decided to right this. Perhaps to inform those who I am involved with, why I have been slacking. Well it is because I have lost one of my closest friends just last week. He was an all around awesome guy, he was also my brother. Two days later I lost yet another good friend, also in a motorcycle accident. In between these events I managed to blow my truck up, which was my only prized worldly possession. Also max my allowed days off at work, probably ruining my chances for a big promotion I wanted.

Then just last Monday I had Jury Duty. I had to wake up at 6am, after not getting off work until almost 3 the same night. So with only roughly 2 hours of sleep, I had to sit around all day with a group of about 300 strangers. Once we were all dispersed into panels for the judges to review, we had to sit through questioning from the judge and attorneys. So out of a group of 30 people, I was one of the lucky seven to sit on the jury. Long story short, I had to wake up super early again, with the same amount of sleep.Then I once the trial concluded I thought he was innocent the rest did not. So I ended up sending an innocent man to prison, and have been dealing with the guilt from that for days now.

Thank you to all who have sent condolences and PM's inquiring to me situation. Again, I am sorry to any I have recently upset or let down in any way.

Now for some planning of the PC's, for when I am re-motivated.

Robert Cithon
1. Survive the current quest.
2. Wait for Seth to make the leasing of homes available, then purchase a house(not a room).
3. Purchase animals, work on animal keeping/training.
4. Purchase a slave to help fix the house up.
5. Survive being Syndre's bodyguard for the rest of the season, then decide if I want to pursue that route any further.
6. Do something that makes Robert's name known Mizahar wide, such as...well I don't really know yet.

Zeek
1. Sweet talk Vala into opening up for him.
2. Make other friends in Wind Reach.
3. Progress further into blacksmithing and related skills.
4. Join a quest when one begins in Wind Reach.

Kiizir
1. Remember I have him.
2. Actually post with him.
3. Decide if Syliras is where I want him to be.
4. Perhaps change him into an artist? Rather than being a warrior.
5. Finish purchasing a bear for a companion.

Last Note: I need a vacation, a very long vacation.
Robert Cithon

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Vala on April 22nd, 2011, 4:53 pm

Keep on trooping Rob! My shoulder (if not Vala's) is always ready to support someone in need of a good rant or bean spillage.

...lol Zeek.

I have an idea for a thread where Zeek can make it up to Vala :)

(You could always borrow Aki to help fix your house... You'll just have to ask Syndre really nicely)
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Words: 439124
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2011, 7:22 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Postby Gossamer on April 22nd, 2011, 5:58 pm

I hope things turn around. It's in these times that we need to take note so we can appreciate how wonderful life can be in the rest and best of times when things aren't so terrible. It's the worst thing in the world loosing those you love. It seems such a waste some times and there's always so many unfinished things - words, activities, the promise of what could have been in the future. We forget to give incredible thanks that we knew them at all and had them touch our lives.

Just whatever you do, Rob, be open. Life isn't a vacuum, so when huge gaps appear in our lives, other things are out there lurking to fill them. Let them. The pages need to turn and chapters need to conclude and then start anew. Life is only as amazing as you let it be. Let it be amazing. You deserve to have this be so. Not knowing them, I still cannot imagine that your brother and your best friend would want you to let this funk drag you so far down. You are so much stronger than that. And even though we do not know you in person, we know those parts of you that you show us through your writing. And those parts are things we admire greatly. They show strength and fortitude and the ability to take the darkness and bring light into it.

You'll push through this. And you'll never forget them. And you'll see them again. But be sure when you do, you have an endless pool of amazing stories to swap with them. They'll want to know what you did and what you became, just as you'll want to hear all their stories as well. Then all of you can make new ones together.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)