Cilaes

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Cilaes

Postby Cilaes on April 25th, 2011, 5:33 pm

Cilaes

Basic Information :
Race: Ethaefal
Birthday & Age : 82 Spring, 504 AV

By Night :
Cilaes’s Ethaefalan skin is pale, and nearly reflective in the moonlight. On certain nights, when the sky is clear enough and the moon bright enough, his body has a slight shimmer. He is a tall man, with a medium and muscular build, and the form and heft of his body is fairly consistent across his day and night forms. His face is handsome, with strong cheekbones and a sharp jaw line. Cilaes wears his hair at ear length, and swept back from his brow. At night two spiraling horns start just behind his hair line. These are nearly six inches long and have a gentle angle, which sends them growing slightly backwards over his skull.

Cilaes’s appearance varies greatly with time and as an Ethaefalan his eyes are dark indigo. The seasonal color changes that his hair and horns experience are listed below:
    Winter colors: Hair – Dark silver; Horns – Black with a violet shine in the light.
    Fall colors: Hair – Rusty gold; Horns – Blood orange
    Spring colors: Hair –Dark grey-blue; Horns – Pearly white
    Summer colors: Hair - Black; Horns – Forest green

By Day :
In the day Cilaes’s unearthly colors vanish as he falls into the body of a Drykas man with dark brown hair and chocolate eyes. His day-form is tanned, but not dark. In his most recent past life the man Cilaes was had earned his windmarks and he wears a sleeve on intricate tattoos on his left arm. The rest of his windmarks begin on the front in a crescent over the right kneecap. This tattoo starts out wide at the base of his thigh and thins to what is more of less a triangular shape until it reaches his pelvis. A single strand of ink is hooked about the front of his pelvis bone, and this widens once again into complicated knots above his hip bone curving around his side and covering the right small of his back. When the knots reach his spine they shoot straight up, thinning drastically until a single delicate curve is left between his shoulder blades. As an Ethaefalan Cilaes bears no scars, and the hand of divinity has left his features strong and refined. During the day though, once his immortal skin has melted away the marks of a rough life, or death are revealed. The two most visible scars are on his face, a thin line from the corner of his mouth to his chin, and another that begins at the tip of his eyebrow and stretches across his temple to disappear in his hair just above the ear. His chest and arms are spattered with similar thin scars. The truly impressive marks are on his back. A thick knotted cord stretches from the base of his left shoulder blade in a straight line to just below the waist of his pants. On the opposite side of his spine, separated from the other by his winding tattoo are two large scars that look like the remains of puncture wounds the size of fists. Together with the tattoo and viewed sideways his Drykas form seems to have a huge straight-mouthed, mustached face imprinted on it.

Character Concept :
Cilaes’s moods are affected by the moon’s cycle and the shifts from night to day, mortal and immortal bodies. He is, in general, patient and would rather reflect than charge into action. This reflection and pragmatic consideration of all possibilities may be what keeps him from being consumed by grief, and give him hope that some purpose or good may come from his fall. Nonetheless it would be apt to describe him as melancholic much of the time, particularly near the new moon, when the disappearance of Leth’s light makes him feel the most alone. Even during his most depressed bouts Cilaes’s Ethafaelan character is marked by a measure of certainty, or at least a relaxed acceptance of the unpredictability of life, in he rarely shows surprise even if the feelings take root in him.

Indeed, during the night he rarely shows any strong emotions, though this is perhaps not necessary to express yourself when you live with Konti. Perhaps it is his reflective nature, but this man is never rushed, and will sit and think on a moment as long as he is allowed. The meaning of haste is perhaps lost on him, and Cilaes will never bustle about unnecessarily, but if left to his own devices would very likely sit with his face to the stars, unmoving for eternity. But living in Mizahar requires interacting with its inhabitants. In some ways Cilaes struggles with this. He doesn’t empathize well, and can come off rather cold as he keeps a small buffer between him and the mortal world, emotionally and physically for the time being. Nonetheless, he derives a certain pleasure from being a part of life. He holds a basic amount of respect for all living things, and the connection of djed that binds them, giving each life an inherent value. And though he would never cause his own chaos, and frowns on violence and harm done to others, Cilaes cannot help but reveal in the changes that life brings about, either through time or the actions of those living it.

When the sun rises and Cilaes’s unearthly form fades some of his distant control fades with it. The Drykas passion creeps into him, and though it cannot totally overwhelm his natural serenity many of his emotions are expressed more strongly during the daylight hours. Though Cilaes is happiest under a full moon one is more likely to hear his emotions expressed in laughter during the day. Likewise though, his frustration and grief are more apparent in his Drykas body, and what is at night confidence in the self turns to strong stubbornness with the rise of the sun.

Pre-Creation :
Cilaes’s history as an Ethaefal on Mizahar is a short one, as he was born a little more than six years ago. He was born off the shore of Konti Island and found by the women who live there. Mura, or rather the land just outside of Mura has been his home ever since. He has chosen to live beyond the reaches of the city because Cilaes senses that the Konti women seem to become fatigued after prolonged periods of being near him. This he has attributed to their sensitivity to the thoughts of others, and his prevailing melancholic mood. His time in Mura has been quiet, as life often is among the Konti, and his time has been spent meditating and learning small skills from the Konti to ease life in the mortal world. Recently, with the help of his Konti friends he obtained a horse, and Cilaes senses that soon he will leave Mura. He hopes that this change may bring him to a way of comfort. Whether this comfort will take the form of a purpose for his loss and a goal for his new life, or a way to move closer to the gods he does not know.

After spending several years in a depressed, rather sedentary state on the outskirts of Mura Cilaes began to meditate and pray for a purpose more fervently. He had spent much time watching the comings and goings surrounding the Opal Temple and decided that he must have landed near Mura for a reason. Because of that the Ethaefal has devoted the most recent years to learning medicine, with the hopes that he his purpose in this mortal world may be to eventually help his lord by practicing a trade so concerned with mortality.

Though his current life has not been long enough to make much of a tale but his most recent incarnation, the Drykas man whose form he takes when the sun is up, had a more tumultuous life, as evidenced by the scars on his face and back. Much of this life is still a blur to him at the moment, though occasionally dreams filled with horse sweat and waving grass break through his subconscious. Cilaes has been able to pull a few shreds of information from these memories. He knows that his last life ended not a generation after the Drykas had emerged from their underground shelters of the Valterrian. He knows that his scars had barely become scabs before his death; though he has not had a clear enough dream of either their making or his dying to learn the cause. And of people he has dreamed of a woman, and her brother, a man named Cilaes. This was the first name he remembered after his birth, and he took it to be his own before his recollections became clearer.

Post-Creation :
All in good time.
Last edited by Cilaes on August 14th, 2011, 7:22 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Common, Kontinese, Pavi
Thought

School is a busy, busy place. I will be posting as regularly as I can, but to stay balanced only expect posts on Monday and Friday (maybe the weekend). Sorry for the delays!
Cilaes
Melancholic Medic

Words: 44297
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2011, 6:38 pm
Character sheet

Cilaes

Postby Cilaes on April 25th, 2011, 5:38 pm

Worldly Goods

Skills

Mental
  • 5 Negotiation (+5 SP)
  • 10 Meditation (+10 SP)
  • 6 Observation
  • 2 Interrogation
  • 2 Teaching
  • 1 Storytelling

Applied
  • 15 Medicine (+15 SP)
  • 10 Astronomy (+10 RB)
  • 10 Herbalism (+10 SP)
  • 5 Botany (+5 SP)
  • 5 Swimming (+5 SP)

Knowledge

Lores
  • Konti Culture
  • Lore of Leth
  • Being Reborn
  • Konti (basic)
  • Loneliness
  • Opal Temple (basic)
  • Amnesia without Physical Cause
  • Charoda Curiosity
  • Charoda Agility
  • The Beauty of Dancing Underwater

Languages
  • Fluent = Common
  • Basic = Kontinese
  • Poor = Pavi

Possessions

General Stuff
  • 1 Waterskin (SP)
  • 1 Backpack (SP)
  • 1 Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap) (SP)
  • Food For 1 Week (SP)
  • Eating Knife (SP)
  • Flint and Steel (SP)
  • Lantern (SP)
  • 2 Torches (SP)
  • fishing tackle & hooks (SP)
  • Sewing Kit (for stitches) (Heirloom)
  • Two notebooks (Purchased)

Housing
  • Large Tent (SP)
  • Large Tarp (SP)
  • 100 ft of Rope (SP)
  • Bedroll (SP)
  • Blanket (SP)

Clothing
  • Grey Trousers (SP)
  • Black Belt (SP)
  • White Long-sleeved Shirt (SP)
  • Black Jerkin (SP)
  • Dark Grey Cloak (SP)
  • Leather Boots (SP)

Horse
  • Female Palamino Mixed Blood named Kire (SP)
  • Full Set of Tack (SP)
  • Large Saddlebags (SP)

Ledger

AmountReason
100 gmStarting Pack
-6gmNotebook purchase
-45gm Poor Living Expense (Spring 511)
49 gmTotal

Thread List

Summer, 511 AV :

Spring, 511 AV :

Flashbacks :
Last edited by Cilaes on August 24th, 2011, 12:11 am, edited 18 times in total.
Common, Kontinese, Pavi
Thought

School is a busy, busy place. I will be posting as regularly as I can, but to stay balanced only expect posts on Monday and Friday (maybe the weekend). Sorry for the delays!
Cilaes
Melancholic Medic

Character sheet

Cilaes

Postby Cilaes on May 20th, 2011, 9:20 pm

Questioning an Ethaefal

General Information :
1. What is your Name? I cannot pronounce my true name. Please, just call me Cilaes.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? I suppose Cilaes is in some ways, but aside from that, no.
3. How old are you? I will be seven at the end of Spring. But under Syna I’ve been told I look to be about thirty.
4. What is your height? About six feet, I grow a little with the dawn and dusk.
5. What is your weight? I am not sure. I weigh more during the day. At night I am much leaner, but the Drykas I once was was a large, muscular fellow.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. At night I am a child of Leth. My form changes to be as close to his glory as I can be. I feel truer to myself in the night. But appearances are not that important, they change too easily.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. In the day I look like tall Drykas man, and I’ve been told I am perhaps a bit intimidating because of my scars, especially if one gets a chance to look at my back. Of course, I’ve also been told that it looks like a man with a mustache frowning… At night I am told I am beautiful, and unnatural.
3. What is your favorite body feature? My tattoos are fascinating; I hope someday I will be able to recall just how I got them.
4. How physically fit are you? Leth gave me a healthy body to survive the trials of the mortal world. And my past life apparently required a strong body.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?I like simple clothes and soft fabrics. The style isn’t particularly important, but I prefer not to wear tight clothing, as my size changes slightly when Syna rises.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? I would like to claim Leth as family, if it was not to presumptuous, but I was born in the sea, and have no mortal parents.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? Other Ethaefal might be considered sibling I suppose.
3. What is your extended family like? Please stop. It’s tiring to repeat that I am alone.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? Lacking blood ties as I am I would say friends are certainly more important. But then, I may be biased.
5. Do you treat animals like family? They deserve respect, as does all life. But no, I do not feel particularly emotionally bonded to Caiyha’s creations.

1. Where were you born? Off the southern coast of Konti Isle
2. Where do you live now? I live on the borders of the Konti city, though I plan on leaving soon. It is time for a change.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? The Ukalas, if you’ll permit that answer.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? Silver Lake is pleasant in the moonlight.
5. Where do you fear to be? To be underground, or in a place where I could not even see the nightly movements of my Lord would quickly become unbearable.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) I am rather healthy, though my past life must have been a hard one. I have a good deal of small scars all along my front and several on my face. On my back there are three large scars, and it seems as though I lost a great deal of flesh earning them.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Left, actually.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I can speak Kontinese fluently, and manage well enough in Common. During the day my voice grows deeper, and I have occasionally had dreams in a different language, Pavi I believe. Sometimes I can discern a few words in this.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I believe my rather depressed mood sometimes wears on the Konti, they are very sensitive.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? The Drykas man I once was had extensive Windmarks.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? I have spent a good deal of time studying in the Opal Temple and would like to be a doctor.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? It is fulfilling to give hope to the sick, and I believe I am doing something useful. Though there are times when I am concerned that this calling is little more than a false hope I have invented.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? It may be rude to say it, but I would not be here. I wish to return to the realm of Leth.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? The Konti’s art is wonderful. To create something and find so much joy in it is something worthy of admiration.
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why? I admit that soldiers have their purpose, but I find very little about the profession pleasant.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? I have never been a child.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? If I pretend you said “past life” instead of childhood I could say that I recall very little, but on occasion, I get the sense that I was happy in that reincarnation.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? As I said before, I have no childhood, though I believe that not all of my past life was filled with the contentedness I recall on occasion. I am a little fearful to remember the other parts of that life.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? I meditate and pray several times a day to Leth. If that’s what you mean.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? If it wasn’t already apparent many of my actions are guided by Leth. Though I have begun to think about other deities, particularly Rak’keli and Priskil, the idea of a goddess of hope is… Interesting.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? I have spent much of my time studying in the Opal Temple to become proficient in medicine.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? It is one of the more productive ways to spend my time in Mizahar.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? In class, I suppose.
4. How do you learn best? With a teacher, although books are a useful resource.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? I would like to expand my skills by travelling to new places, and learning their practices. And, perhaps, I will be able to learn more of Priskil while I travel.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? Not particularly. I am a bit gloomy for most of the Konti, and I have to admit, I can be a bit of a hermit on occasion. Still, relationships can be a valuable thing, they’re simply something that escapes my grasp.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? I am not distrustful, though it does take me a long time to warm up to someone. I suppose you could call me ambivalent.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? I’m not particularly interested in sexual relationships, though I believe in my past life I was straight, perhaps that has carried over.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. No, as I mentioned before I can be rather distant, this makes developing those sorts of feelings… Unlikely.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. It would be a bit odd if I had bedded someone without kissing them, don’t you think?

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. Being drunk clouds the mind and obscures thought, I would prefer not to do that.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? Only when clean water is not available.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? Most of it tastes to bitter and sharp, I try and avoid it.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? I have never tried anything that would alter my mind deliberately, some say Vision Water will affect a person, but that is difficult to avoid in Mura.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. As I said before, I prefer to keep my mind in the clearest state possible. Leth is the God of Thought and I would prefer not to sully the gifts he has given me.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? I meditate when I am not working or studying. Perhaps someday I will start a garden.
2. Do you like to read? On occasion, I won’t say I have a voracious appetite for books, but they can say some interesting things. I particularly enjoy those about religion.
3. What annoys you more than anything else? Rash actions with easily avoidable consequences, there is little excuse for them.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Watching the reunions of Leth and Syna each morning and evening, and praying.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? I can be insensitive of others feelings at times, and I regret these forgetful lapses when I realize what I’ve done.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? Silver and rich cyan.
2. What is your favorite time of day? Dusk, a beautiful herald for my Lord’s coming.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? I have the sense when I see the wonders of Mizahar that I’ve been in the presence of something much greater. I’m afraid these faint recollections of the Ukalas ruin many of the splendor of Mura for me.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? I’m not a picky eater. I prefer fresh produce over meat but I don’t have very strong feelings about what is on my plate.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? A clear night sky is the best sort of sky. I’m not necessarily afraid of them, but I dislike thunderstorms and clouds, though I may feel different if I ever encounter Zulrav’s true power.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? I attempt to be pragmatic, though on occasion I become a bit of a pessimist I’m afraid.
2. What are your religious views? I worship Leth primarily, and by spending time at the Opal Temple I have started respect Rak’keli more and more, though I would like to spend more time thinking about her rivalry with Dira. And Priskil, I didn’t know much about her until recently, and the thought of a goddess of hope, perhaps that is something I need to reflect on more, but hope is what has kept me going since I fell…
3. Would you be able to kill? I don’t believe so, though if the situation was dire enough I might be able to.
4. What are your views on sex? It is necessary for people to procreate, I’m glad it’s also something they enjoy doing.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? Others have different goals, which I’m sure are quite noble, but personally, I will see myself as successful if I can properly serve my lord and return to his realm. I suppose for my life to be successful I will have to escape it.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? I believe deciding to study medicine was a good choice on my part. I’m afraid I haven’t lived a very long life yet, and it has been a quiet one, so not many events jump out as particularly memorable.
2. What is your greatest regret? Wasting several years of my time here mourning my loss instead of trying to find a reason for my fall.
3. What is your best/worst memory? There are times when I can almost recall my time with the gods. They are wonderful inklings, but it is a bittersweet thing, now that I am no longer there.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? I would prefer to have not fallen in the first place.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? I’m not certain I’m proud of this decision, pleased might be a better word, but taking classes in Mura was, I believe, a step in the right direction. Though I’m worried it may not be my real reason for being here, if I even have one.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? It’s difficult to hide feelings from Konti women, though I do try to prevent completely revealing my disappointment at being here.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? I’m a bit prejudiced in everything I suppose; I have a tendency to look down on things with first impressions, always believing I have known something more perfect.
3. What makes you happy? Watching Leth move across the sky and the hope that my separation from him is not a pointless one.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? Leth, if it would help him in any way. Or if I believed it would return me to him.
5. What makes you angry? Thoughtlessness, and pointless actions, particularly destructive ones.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? I come off as rather cold, but I make an effort to be friendly, or at least courteous.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? I have no one that I could apply that title to, unless you would let me mention Leth once more.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? I respect those Konti who have gone out into the dangerous places of Mizahar in an attempt to answer the call.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. I would rather not get tangled up in relationships like that. I believe I would be very bad at it.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? I haven’t needed much protection yet. And I don’t know that I am close enough to anyone to supply a name here.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? I would rather not argue, though friendly debate can be enjoyable.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? No, I’m afraid not.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? For the same reason I don’t think I would make a good leader, I’m not tremendously fond of large groups. My social skills are a bit lacking.
4. Do you care what others think of you? I would hope others don’t hate me but beyond that I’m not very concerned.
5. What do you think of others, in general? I can be easily frustrated with others, and have a bad habit of feeling superior when I first meet a person. However, after thinking for a moment I usually remember that most people are doing their best, and are good enough in their ways.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? I am thoughtful. I stop and reflect before acting and I believe that this is an important virtue.
2. What is your greatest weakness? I am not thoughtful. I can be rather clumsy when handling another’s feelings.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would not be here. Though a more realistic goal would be to improve my general mood and my abilities to interact with others in a more friendly way.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Introverted.
5. Are you generally organized or messy? I like knowing where to find things, clutter can be irritating.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? You’re going to get tired of hearing this: Leth.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? I am not especially afraid of anyone, more their effects. Chaos can be a nasty thing.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? No, though I would be greatly honored to receive the mark of any deity I have mentioned above.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? Whatever Leth asked of me I would do. And I would do a good deal for Rak’keli or Priskil if my services would be helpful for them.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? Nothing Leth could ask of me would be too much. I would have severe reservations about getting myself too entangled in Rak’keli’s rivalry with Dira though.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? I believe I may be here to help others live their lives more comfortably, I hope this is not a false purpose.
2. What is the best part of life? The hope I may be helping my Lord.
3. What is the best part of death? The chance to be returned to Leth.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? I would like to avoid a painful death, but I can’t say I really care.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? Someone who has faithfully served his gods.
Common, Kontinese, Pavi
Thought

Cilaes
Melancholic Medic

Character sheet