Danger on the Road to Wind Reach!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Danger on the Road to Wind Reach! (Ronin)

Postby Ven on April 22nd, 2011, 1:10 am

Ven had little time to talk or even mutter a sound, the whole way they walked he did have anything but confusion. This red head appeared to be quite rude and inappropriate towards him, for little reason as well. Leaving Ven with only the option to catch what he could out of everything he was told, which made him feel even more lost and alone...without his master to guide him how could he expect to understand so much so quick?

"Uh, I'm sorry but I'm lost from way back to...whatever you were saying in the beginning. However I do remember you saying that I'll have to hide and find food...that doesn't sound so easy in a huge place such as this....least not in these tunnels...I'm a fox after all." He didn't want to sound rude as well but he didn't want to lie and be look like a fool when he moved onward. All these things he was saying when Ven could simply be a pet, one that would be easy to take care of. "You know, it'd be a lot easier if I just had someone to take care of me...I'm not too thrilled about moving to a new master but you probably now someone that can take care of me..."

Though he was far away from thrilled it would be best to find someone who could take care of him, he knew nothing of the place he was in beside the fact in was inhabited mostly by the Inarta...and if all were as rude as this one then Ven was indeed far out of luck. He didn't even know the Inarta's name but then didn't want too after the whole scene, perhaps he should've stayed in his original shape....but then where would he be.

"All I'll need is food, water, and a decent master who would have the time to teach me things about the place, then I should be good to go. Unless fox's are forbidden to be kept as pets here..." He smirked, but the Inartan didn't seem to think it funny. Immediately he removed his expression, waiting for the mean hot head to respond.
Ven
Player

Words: 40692
Joined roleplay: April 12th, 2011, 1:46 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ronin on April 23rd, 2011, 1:11 am

Ronin didn't understand how someone could be so ignorant when it came to survival. Was it really so hard to keep one's head down and sneak the occasional meal from the kitchen while no one was looking? If Ven wasn't up to making do with what he could hunt or steal, then he would have to make a trip to the Valintar. He would definitely be able to find Ven a way to make a living, but it would most likely be as a Dek. However, it seemed like a waste of breath to try to explain anything to the fox-boy, and Ronin didn't have the time to explain it all nice and slow for him right now.

"Look, it seems you are used to being coddled by your old master, and I'm sorry he's dead. I really am. That being said, you are going to have to learn to fend for yourself. Most people here don't have an abundance of food or time to share with a pet, so you will need to earn your keep." Ronin paused and gave the boy a stern look. It felt odd for him to take an authoritative role, but it seemed like the only thing that would get through to the Ven. "I will find you a place to stay for the next few hours. Keep your head down and don't make too much noise, and you will be fine. I'll be back for you tonight, and I'll explain what you need to do. Until then, you should try to decided whether you want to live a life of crime or of a Dek. I can't really say which is preferable, and neither is really safer than the other." Ronin may have seemed cold in the way he spoke, but he was trying to convey something of dire consequence.

After a few minutes of searching, Ronin finally found an empty room. It was cramped and dark, but it was somewhere to hide. He motioned with his hand for Ven to enter. "Stay here and stay quiet. I'll be back for you later." Ronin made sure he made firm eye contact with the boy. "One more thing to consider, if you are thinking about whether you want to choose Dek or thievery. If you become a thief, you will always be a thief, but if you choose to become a member of our society, you will have a chance to improve your living conditions in the future. Just... Keep that in mind." It was obvious that Ronin was serious, and that he wanted the boy to make a smart decision. "Now, I must be off to work. Stay here!" With that, Ronin motioned once again for Ven to be quiet, and he was gone, running down the halls toward the Glass Reverie.
Ronin
The Pansy who talks like a Dandy

Words: 117946
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 3:20 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Ven on April 23rd, 2011, 6:56 pm

On that note Ven was left in the cramped dark space he was to hide in, he didn't know how long it would be but the red head mentioned returning at night. His eyes finally adjusted to the space around him, as he took a seat close to several crates. The red head was harsh but right, maybe if Ven never had a master to begin with he'd understand more of survival in this world....but he doesn't. He only knows of surviving in the wilderness in his original form, which isn't no picnic either.

Hot head has a point all right, and if I'm to earn myself some sort of living here then I guess I better start low...hmm....

His thoughts were chased away by the sound of footsteps passing the door, his senses cautioned him to be aware of anyone outside. He looked to his arm wrapped in bandages, if he were to transform it'd be likely he'd open his wound again. So sneaking around as a fox was useless for now, but if someone was to search for him in here then he had little choice. Either way he was screwed.

Master....if you're watching me now...then please make sure everything works out for me.....guide me down the right path...

It was insulting earlier the way the red head spoke about his master, but Ven knew there must have been good reason. Now that Ven was alone, he had time to think about everything that's happened. The things that were said, the thoughts that were stubborn. All of it seemed to be unnecessary now that he thought of it, after all someone had saved him and now they're trying to help him establish a way of living. This alone had to be a great feat for the red head, now that Ven thought of it.

I know....I'll try to understand more....I didn't really care to cooperate earlier but just because my master is dead.....that doesn't mean.....

"that doesn't mean I don't have to try!" He blurted out loud, his thoughts finally becoming clear. He didn't notice it at first but the sentence he just blabbed out was actually loud enough for someone to hear if nearby. Swiftly he shifted his attention to his senses to outside to try and hear footsteps, or smell anyone before they could enter. One of the good advantages of being a Kelvic is that its senses from the animal inside stays with it in human form, this allowed him to be able to detect anyone before they could open the door.

All right hot head when you get back we're gonna have a lot to discuss, but for now it's all a matter of hide and seek.

He smiled as this is one of the good games that he, just as any other fox, was excellent at. This room is small and cramped but that didn't matter, he wouldn't even have to shift into his original form to hide well. He would only have to shift as a last resort, which he hoped he wouldn't have to do.
So till you do get here hot head, I'm gonna show you how it is I survived in the wilderness before meeting my master.

His smile grew wider as his inner animal came out, he wanted to transform but resisted. His senses sharpened and his body perfectly still, his attention never shifted from the door or the sounds from out. Mostly silent but frequent footsteps could be heard not far, measuring the distance was the problem though since sounds could echo through the tunnels. All he had to do was hide and wait, and he could do that. He will do that, just to see if the red head will return by night.
Ven
Player

Words: 40692
Joined roleplay: April 12th, 2011, 1:46 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Mercury on May 1st, 2011, 12:25 am

Ven

Skill(s)
  • Socialization +1 XP

Lore(s)
  • Attacked by Wolves
  • Running For Your Life
  • Pining for a Dead Man
  • Miracles Do Happen
  • Nakedness is Awkward
  • Dealing With A Reluctant Mentor
  • Needy as a Baby
  • Patience is a Virtue

Method to my Madness: Your posts were very short. I found it difficult to find skills to grade and lores to give. I felt like this was more of a character building thread. As a Kelvic your PC should have been use to suddenly transforming in front of people, and dealing with the awkwardness of nakedness: ie. I felt that Ven shouldn't have been so uncomfortable. At times I found your posts a little confusing: the way you wrote suggested that Ven believed his master to be in the room when Ronin had left the dead body on the road.
~ "Seeing a red haired man before him, he sort of squinted his eyes but then realized who it was: the man who was by his master's body! "
~ "He looked up to the good doc fixing his arm, "That was my master until....."
You are not a citizen, you are not covered by Wind Reach's Universal Health Plan. Though you did not RP it I still expect you to dock 5 Pinions from your ledger as payment.

One more thing...

FINISH YOUR CS

Send me a PM when you do. I'll remove this when you do and send me a PM. Also you cannot add the skills and lores I have awarded you until you do.

Welcome to Wind Reach :)

Ronin

Skill(s)
  • Tracking +1 XP
  • Hunting +1 XP
  • Medicine +1 XP
  • Leadership +1 XP

Lore(s)
  • Hunting in the Rain
  • Recognizing Wolf Tracks
  • Heartless Samaritan
  • Meeting a Fox Kelvic
  • Selfish Thoughts
  • Being A Reluctant Mentor
  • Cold as Ice

Method to my Madness: Heartless Samaritan Lore for leaving the dead merchant and then deciding to loot him, while also saving his awkward fox. Medical XP for slowing Ven's bleeding. Ronin's common is at a basic level - make it more awkward. I'm glad to finally see Ronin not so nice :D And yes… it is hard to sneak food from the kitchen; We have guards.

You can address any questions or concerns to the little voice in your head. A.K.A. PM me.
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Mercury
Poisoning you to insanity, one word at a time

Words: 93204
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2011, 4:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous