Questions on Pycon's

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Questions on Pycon's

Postby Esecori on May 5th, 2011, 1:49 am

Hey,

So as I'm gathering information on the pycon race and how they function I have come across several questions.

1. How does Pyken work and what is a good way to rp it?

2. If my pycon were to be a morpher, would he be able to fly if he were to take the form of an eagle? Would he be able to fly if he were in his natural form in the shape of an eagle (with his pycon shifting abilities)?

3. What would the combat ability of a pycon be in comparison to the average human if trained equally well?
Esecori
Player

Words: 2580
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2011, 12:57 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Questions on Pycon's

Postby Growl on May 5th, 2011, 1:52 am

I know that wings are ornamental on pycon, but not if it changes when they morph. I doubt it though.

Pycons.... well, they're smaller than humans. A lot smaller. They will probably be good at dodging, but dealing death blows may be a little difficult because of their reach.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I'd try Tarot. He created the race.
I carry the words of the dead.
Growl
Lost Soul

Words: 167857
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2011, 12:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Questions on Pycon's

Postby Argillaceous on May 8th, 2011, 2:38 am

Well, as Ianthe has already answered part of 2, I'll try to answer 1! I think that (according to the wiki description) it would be an incredibly dynamic style of fighting with much dodging, acrobatics and such. I also believe it would be based heavily on pressure points since we Pycon aren't very large!
Argillaceous
Player

Words: 5687
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2011, 1:45 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Questions on Pycon's

Postby Vetala on May 8th, 2011, 2:49 am

1. How does Pyken work and what is a good way to rp it?

Taken from the Wiki lore page: While their diminutive size and strange appearance would indicate otherwise, the Pycon are capable of defending themselves if the need arises. As mentioned, pure warriors are rare among the people of clay, but with the right equipment a Pycon can often hold their ground against larger opponents.

Pycon are fond of small missile weapons such as flings and blowguns, but they have also designed special melee weapons that are quite deadly in the right hands.

Py-whip - This whip, while designed for Pycon use, is proportionally much longer than a whip for the bigger races. Made from extremely flexible leather materials, it is long enough to form dozens of coils when carried in one's hand, and it is usually wielded with two hands. When released, it can capture an opponent's limb and throw them around with a single movement. Its drawback is that the whip needs to be fully recoiled before it can be used again.

Py-string - Pycon are sometimes seen wielding sharp spiderweb silk strings, holding one end in either hand. The fighter will generally vary the length of string between their hands during the fight, using them to parry, deflect, trip and cut opponents.

Py-pole - A long, highly elastic staff made from tree resin, the Py-pole has a sharp metal tip and can be used to stab or defend, though its foremost intent is as an aid for performing incredible leaps that usually result in powerful flying kicks.

Additionally, there is at least one Pycon-specific martial art known as Py-ken. This combat art is about using the Pycon's racial traits to their full advantage, climbing on their opponents to strike weak points, detaching compromised body parts, growing additional limbs to aid in combat, and so on.

So basic jumping about hitting the weaker points of the body and overall being small to avoid getting hit. Best way to roleplay it is just that I would think. Jump dodge waiting for a opening then strike like a snake per say.

2. If my pycon were to be a morpher, would he be able to fly if he were to take the form of an eagle? Would he be able to fly if he were in his natural form in the shape of an eagle (with his pycon shifting abilities)?

Morphing is limited at first (well awhile) to the race normal mass. So at most around 1 inch 25 pounds. Which won't get you eagle but maybe a small size bird. Morphing lets you tap into the models so you would be able to understand how the animal would work and would understand how to fly after lots of study. To get a larger mass then the host body you would need Master rank.

3. What would the combat ability of a pycon be in comparison to the average human if trained equally well?

All depends on fighting style but a pycon could be on a even level or beat the normal human. Size won't matter in the end if they are trained right since they don't see the size as a drawback like a larger race would.

I hope this answers the questions if you still had them.
Vetala
As of Sahova

Words: 19326
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2011, 5:46 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Questions on Pycon's

Postby Esecori on May 8th, 2011, 3:54 am

Thank you all for your help! This has cleared up some of my questions, and has put to rest others.
Esecori
Player

Words: 2580
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2011, 12:57 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet