Looking for Antlers, Finding Trouble (Milya)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Postby Dimitri on April 10th, 2011, 8:48 am

Dimitri was more than a little surprised as she was able to shoot the creature. She didn't look like she had handled a bow before in her life. And yet the arrow struck true in the neck of the creature, stunning it apparantly for a moment. Shepulleed the spike from his hand. Then the creature backed up for some reason. Dimitri wondered at this strange behavior. It then faced her and ignoring him. He staggered to maintain a standing position. The creature, with her arrow in it's neck didn't have long for this world. It appeared to prepare to charge the girl. It lowered it's head and started toward her.

Dimitri saw that it's charge was labored and much slower than normal. It would still damage on contact but it was slow enough for his reactions to catch up. He swung his sword up, and brought it down on the top of the creature's neck, slicing through the hide and flesh and imbedding in the spine. The creature roared and fell over, freeing his blade. Blood protruded from it's wound as it's eyes began to glaze over. Dimitri wiped his blade clean on the creature's hide and sheathed it. He pulled a simple knife from his pack. He cut a piece of cloth from his shirt and stuffed it in his hand wound to stifle the bleeding. He then proceeded to slice open and gut the massive stag. He removed all of the organs, removed it's hide, and hung it up from a tree, grunting as he hoisted it up. He slit the neck of the creature and let the blood spill to the soil. He removed the arrow from it's neck, cleaned it, and placed it back in his quiver. While it was draining he went and fetched the doe he shot. He carried it easily back. He cleaned and dressed it, skinned it and hung it up as well. He approached the stag and sawwed off the antlers at the skull and strapped them to his back. He laid out the hides and began cutting away large sections of meat. He then split the meat up evenly atop the two hides. He then did the same for the other deer. He then wrapped the meat stacks in the hides and tied them like a sack. He then buried the bones and organs to decompose or be eaten. He picked up the sack made from the stag's hide. "I split the spoils up evenly, you can probably sell to the Butcher of Alban and the hide at All Things Leather. I must be getting back. However thank you. It was a pleasure meeting you Milya." Dimitri then disappeared into the woods, the sound of crunching things the last trace he had been there.

OOCSeemed like as good a place as any to end. Too bad it didn't last longer. I enjoyed it though and I'll turn it in.
Dimitri
Squire

Words: 181534
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 4:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Leviathan on May 7th, 2011, 3:17 pm

Thread Award!
Dimitri

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Tracking 1 --
Observation 1 --
Investigation 1 --
Interrogation 1 --
Hunting 1 --
Stealth 1 --
Leadership 1 --
Weapon (Shortbow) 2 --
Weapon (Longsword) 1 --
Skinning 0 Too vague on the skinning of the animal, and no points before grading, to be acceptable for awarding.

Lore
Anatomy: Deer (Minor)

Extra
You Leave With...
Wounded Hand: Sword Hand - Pierced through by Buck Antler
* 40 Days for Full Recovery (Severe Scarring) (Day 55 of Spring)
* 25 Days until Usable (Strength, Accuracy, and Speed Weakened; Severe to Moderate Pain when used) (Day 40 of Spring)
* RP with listed effects above in all future threads dated before the recovery time.
Spoils of War - Hunting the Buck
* Butchered Hide - Massive, Deer (Buck) - 20 GM Value
* Poorly Carved Meat - Fresh Venison - 25 GM Value
* Rack of a Buck - Large, Damaged - 15 GM Value
*** You can choose to take the money value and add it directly to your ledger or the items themselves
Ledger Change
- 20 GM, Healing for the Hand

Milya

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Observation 1 --
Intimidation 1 --
Interrogation 1 --
Hunting 1 --
Stealth 1 --
Weapon (Dagger) 1 --
Weapon (Shortbow) 0 Without having any points/experience in this, your PC performed using a bow too easily and proficiently. Can't award exp for that.

Lore
N/A

Extra
Spoils of War - Hunting the Buck
* Butchered Hide - Massive, Deer (Buck) - 20 GM Value
* Poorly Carved Meat - Fresh Venison - 25 GM Value
*** You can choose to take the money value and add it directly to your ledger or the items themselves

Additional CommentsNice thread guys. Short and sweet. I'd like to see you two RP a little closer to your PC's abilities, their skill in their CS that is. DImitri, I hope you aren't doing much with that hand immediately after this thread, because how it sounded to me is a severe wound.

As always, if you have questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the issue. Have fun and keep writing!
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous