Emergency Food (Sasin) (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Emergency Food (Sasin) (Solo)

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 30th, 2010, 6:18 am

Sasin smiled "Of that, I have no doubt. Ugh, if we end up with a bunch of puny humans, we might end up needing to protect them." He had nothing against humans, but he found them lacking in protection. It wasn't even fun, killing them. They were that boring.

"If you don't care either way, I'm going hunting. Get some food for later." He said. Slipping his rucksack to the ground, the dhani stretched, then went off into the forest.

Once he was a suitable distance away, Sasin stopped. Pulling off his shirt and pants, Sasin shifted into his Dhani form.

His legs melded together and elongated into a tail. Scales began over-laping all over his body. His body structure shifted slightly, and his face started to shift into the features of a snake. A hood sprouted, and his ears dissapeared. His scales then started shifting into the familiar pattern of gold and black. Finally, his eyes changed into their normal yellow.

Smiling, Sasin began heading towards the wind. He figured that he'd have a better chance of catching something that way. He constantly turned his head to see if there was anything around worth catching. It was a good thing he did. If he hadn't, he'd have missed the boarlets.

Backtracking, Sasin crept closer. One sow, and 5 little boars. Sasin grinned. The boarlets would make good eating. He'd go for the piglets first. The sow wouldn't run, not when it's other piglet's were still there. Creeping closer, he waited until the sow lowered her head to chew, then he struck. Using his tail like a spring, he launched himself at the nearest piglet.

Wrestling it to the ground, he wrapped his tail around one of it legs, and twisted. The pig screamed as it's leg gave out with a delightful crack. Leaving it lying there, squealing, he watched as the rest of them recovered from their shock. Grinning, he reached for one of the piglet's, while his tail smashed into another piglet. Both of them darted away.

Sasin was so ingrossed in the piglets that he had completely forgotten about the sow. He felt a whap right in his hip, when tail and torso met. He yelped as he was smashed to the ground. "Oh gods, I'm screwed. The forest hath no fury like a mother with an injured kid." He decided. Looking around, he was relived to see that the sow had gone over her. From her body language, he was a dead snake. Panicing, he did the only thing he could think of.

He climbed a tree. He changed to his human form, jumped and caught a branch, hauling himself up. He was a little too slow, however, and his leg was caught as the sow charged. He hissed, and tugged his leg up. He already had a bruise there. Looking down, he cursed. He was sitting on a rather thin branch. It was barely supporting his weight. And the sow was right underneath him. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

Climbing onto a thicker branch, Sasin was regretting trying to get both. It would have been better to go for the sow first. No matter. Next time. "That's assuming I'm not gored by a wild sow first. How undignified." He grumbled. Shifting into his snake form, he thought for a moment, then did the most insanely stupid thing ever. He jumped. At the sow. He landed on it's back, and nearly got his tail chomped. Nearly. But with the sow bucking and running like crazy, there was no way he was getting his fangs into that thing. And yet, letting go would be suicide. So he hung on, slowly edging his weight forward.

Some minutes later, his hard work paid off, as he managed to get the sow to trip. Head first. And somehow, he managed to avoid it landing on him. After a moment to catch his breath, the dhani glanced down at his body, and decided one thing.

"I am never hunting sow again."
Last edited by Nyahna Sasin on January 30th, 2010, 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Re: Emergency Food (Sasin) (Solo)

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 30th, 2010, 6:52 am

Wincing, Sasin inspected the damage. This was not good. He had a huge bruise on his hip, and even bigger one on his leg. He had several oddly aligned teeth marks as well. He suspected the sow had actually managed to bite him. He was also scratched up from climbing the tree, and he had a splinter in his thumb. That, he sucked out.

Ugh. This was the last time he was ever hunting swine. He made a mental note to keep to smaller prey. Like birds. Or rabbit.

A squeal interrupted his internal musings. He looked up and saw the injured piglet. Hmm, he had forgotten. closer, he saw the extent of the damage. One leg wa cleanly broken, but another one was crushed. "Hmph. Waste of meat." He thought, but there was no way that was edible. Sasin winced again. He shook his headf, and started a fire. It took almost twenty minutes to get a good fire blazing. He started cooking the piglets, cutting strips off. He had stuffed earth into it's mouth to shut it up, but it was still alive, but dying. At least until it ran out of blood. Revenge was a dish best served hot and bleeding. After he was done, he started on the sow.

When he was full, he put out the fire, got up, and walked over to where his clothes were. He groaned as he realized the medical kit was in his bag.

Putting on his clothes, he began walking over to the building.
(I am so gross.)
Last edited by Nyahna Sasin on January 30th, 2010, 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on January 30th, 2010, 7:35 am

Sasin
Experience: 1 XP Hunting
Kill Record:One sow and two piglets.
Additional Notes: I suggest next time you make it more of a challenge. Wild pigs are very dangerous, and you waded in and tore them up with only a bruise. I am not going to reward XP next time for this sort of rp. If you are unsure how dangerous game is, google has a great many resources on boar hunts. If you would like to improve the thread, feel free. I will revise the XP award if so.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 30th, 2010, 8:16 am

Edited.

I'll check next time I hunt something.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin