The Daily Grind (open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Daily Grind (open)

Postby Daejyn on May 10th, 2011, 10:39 pm

"If you're that worried about her, you're welcome to follow her yourself," He replied as he carried the bucket fairly easily. The trick was in balance so it didn't slosh. "It was her choice to go on, by the time I was sure she was really gone and not just proving a point, I would have been hours behind her, traveling with a hungry baby, with no promise of ever finding her. What would I have fed Lilani?" His tone wasn't exactly sharp, but this woman hadn't been in his shoes, didn't have a baby of her own, and wasn't in much of a position to judge his choices. "Besides, from what I heard, Rivenfall is alright for a woman willing to be a broodmare. Less so for random males, I'm not sure they're even allowed in the city. I hope she made it there, best of luck to her." he shrugged, at least as much as the bucket allowed. Yaana and he hadn't been right for each other as anything other than bedmates, but he didn't wish her ill, not in the least.

Lilani giggled as she was bounced, reaching her hands for Sira's hair. Hair was her favorite thing to wrap her hands in. She was dressed in breech clouts and an undyed tunic.

"I don't plan on leaving." He replied with another shrug. "I hope to make a life for Lili and I here. I'm learning trades. Hopefully a strider will chose me, gods know ugly pony will never get me any respect, or my... I forget what you call them, your markings."
Daejyn
Player

Words: 14934
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 4:33 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

The Daily Grind (open)

Postby Nasira Whitefeather on May 12th, 2011, 5:13 pm

“You don't want a million answers as much as you want a few forever questions. The questions are diamonds you hold in the light. Study a lifetime and you see different colors from the same jewel.”

His sharp and intense tone took Nasira by surprise. At a first glance and first impression, he seemed pretty kept to himself and quiet. Timid, with little or nothing at all to say. Nasira began to slow down, as she took sight of Jyns facial expressions as he pleaded his case. The subject quickly changed once he began to talk about his aspirations. Making Endrykas a permanent home for himself and his daughter.

"Windmark." she said, finishing his thought, "They're called wind marks. As for being chosen by a strider, well anything is possible. You simply have to make a name for yourself -but in a righteous way. Show your interest."

Lili began to intertwine her tiny fingers through Nasiras hair, which she didn't at all mind until the tot got a tight grip, beginning to pull and yank at her locks with amused laughter. Nasiras head began to jerk lightly, and instead of screaming or yelling in pain, she laughed with the child, grabbing a hold of her small hand and gently removing it away from her hair. Of course, that never stops curious hands. Lili continued to try and grab as much hair as she could, and Nasira would playfully move her head around, avoiding the grasp.

They were reaching just near her tent when Nasiras footwork picked up, walking a long side Jyn.

"My tent is just over there, next to the pit." she said, nudging her head in that direction, "I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. I wasn't trying to pass judgement. After all, we all have reasons for the choices we make. I wasn't trying to sound bitter about your choice. I suppose I was just.." she looked down to Lili for a brief moment, before finishing her thought, "-concerned."

Nasira Whitefeather
Player

Words: 7097
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2011, 3:52 am
Race: Human, Drykas

The Daily Grind (open)

Postby Daejyn on May 18th, 2011, 2:11 am

"It surprises me you would think a woman would need a man to look after her." Jyn replied to her apology. She wasn't the first one to say something of the same, to call attention to what they felt was a lack of concern for his daughters mother. That, or the not so subtle suggestion he take a hike when his indenture was up. The women here, as a rule were tough. It seemed like an awkward balance to him, that women with their windmarks had a voice, and were 'equal' members of the clan, and if they could keep up, allowed any profession they wanted, including warrior. Yet, there was clearly strong gender bias. He didn't get it, then again, what the hell did he know? The Zith slaves didn't really have a culture. He did suspect that most of the women must chafe under that bias though.

"There's no point in being concerned now, she's either long dead, recaptured, or living it up in Riverfall." He replied with a shrug, again the gesture rather hampered by the bucket he was carrying. He headed in the direction indicated, watching his daughter always out of the corner of his eye. He was probably over protective, but there were worse things to be.
Daejyn
Player

Words: 14934
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 4:33 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Previous