[Captain's Hall] New Girl in Town [Alvena]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Tabarnac on May 25th, 2011, 12:54 am

The Symenestra soon heard chatter from above, which became louder as steps sounded from a nearby stairwell. Soon enough, a slim blonde, her braids pinned up as if she would be riding out to battle, or just didn't want them in her way. Her smile was friendly enough, or moreso than usual for a Symenestra in a human settlement. But the Denvali were a welcoming folk, after all.

"Hello," she said in vaguely accented Common. The true Denvali dialect was so different from the contemporary Common that it was a different language, though some linguists argued the fact.

"My name is Silmeria. How may I help you?"
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

[Captain's Hall] New Girl in Town [Alvina]

Postby Alvena Celandine on May 25th, 2011, 7:12 pm

Relieved to see someone emerge from one of the many branches of the large Hall, the woman's physique clashed with her polite attitude, as she seemed to be more equipped for war than greeting newcomers into a town.

"Hello. I am Alvina. I was hoping to stay here a few days, and don't have lodging. I know how to hunt, if you want me to help somehow, " Previously worried that whoever would await her here would speak in the same strange language the man at the docks had spoken to her, she immediately felt more at ease, finding all the words she needed to communicate efficiently.
Alvena Celandine
Player

Words: 27975
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2011, 9:43 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Tabarnac on June 4th, 2011, 8:45 pm

Silmeria's smile didn't waver.

"Just a few days?" she asked. "I can certainly arrange for lodgings. Just tell me when you are planning to leave. If you wish to join a hunting foray while you are here, you are welcome to do so, but you are our guest and there is no need to pay us for the lodging. If you decide to stay, then we would have to come to a more permanent arrangement.

"So what is your favorite color?"

It was, perhaps, the last question the Symenestra might have anticipated, but there was a method to Silmeria's madness, or so they said.
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Alvena Celandine on June 4th, 2011, 9:14 pm

"I will help anyway I can," She said, surprised at how welcome she was. Before she left Kalinor, she was constantly warned of the racism against Symenestra outside of Kalinor, yet here she seemed to be some sort of honored guest. She decided not to take it for granted; Denval was only her first stop on her trip. Probably beginner's luck. "Thank you very much," She said, smiling, but not so much as to reveal her teeth.

The random question had it's intended effect; Alvena's smile faded as her expression transferred to a more bewildered gaze. Did it matter what she answered? Was this some sort of test? She couldn't see exactly analyze something so out of the blue, so she just decided to answer best she could, albeit some stuttering.

"I would say.. I suppose.. violet?" In her momentary confusion, she almost said the word in Symenos, causing her to speak in a more broken tone in addition to the stutter.
Last edited by Alvena Celandine on June 6th, 2011, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alvena Celandine
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Tabarnac on June 6th, 2011, 5:16 am

The blonde sucked her lower lip thoughtfully, blue eyes rolling up to the right as if picturing something on a list out of the corner of her eye. After a moment, she nodded, smiling with satisfaction as her gaze returned to the slim Symenestra.

"We have a house that's... well, not violet anymore. More of a lavender now after a few years without painting. But the lavender and violets are blooming in the flower boxes there. However... the violets are more of a blue than a violet. How does that sound? If it sounds all right," she said, continuing on before Alvena had a moment to answer, "then I can get the key and show it to you. No need to go hunting just yet. In a day or two there should be a bit of a foray going out. I'm sure your climbing ability will come in handy as well, tracking from higher up and all."

She was a bundle of energy this woman, and obviously rather organized with an eye for detail. In fact, she was one of the Captain's assistants, and one who was quite helpful in matters of logistics.
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Alvena Celandine on June 6th, 2011, 12:12 pm

Alvena couldn't help but smile upon discovering the reason for the woman's absurd question. Such informality was rare in Kalinor even among friends, and it was certainly unheard of for the higher ranks to speak that way. She wondered if it humans were generally like this, or if it was just the woman herself who had a few screws loose. "I am ready when you are," she replied with enthusiasm, incapable of formulating an event where someone would refuse lodging because because the color was a bit off.
Alvena Celandine
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Tabarnac on June 11th, 2011, 1:51 am

Award!

Alvena
Loot: Alvena now inhabits a small lavender house with dimensions such as those described in the Starting Package. She will not be charged rent for the first season of her residence to help her get on her feet, and then she will be have to spend for Common lodgings if she decides to stay. Income will likely more than cover that.

Additional Notes:
I thought it was more important to focus on the hunting thread that will earn you skills and currency than a real estate tour, so we will focus on that for now. Welcome to Denval! We're glad to have you!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Keep writing!
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)