Trying To Find Ground (Alodian)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Sitkanis on October 16th, 2010, 8:08 pm

It was a great relief to Sitkanis that he would have a place to stay while he was in Denval. He wanted to repay the man for his kindness but how? He did not want money. "Thank you Alodian, please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I cannot let your kindness go without being repaid." Sitkanis did not know what he could do for the man. It was not as though he had many marketable skills he could use to help repay Alodian. He knew of animals, he was actually quite good with them but in Denval there was little need for a man who was skilled in animal husbandry. His Auristics would not help at all. What could he do? Read a stranger's aura for a little petty cash? It was becoming obvious that Sitkanis was in a major need of a job.

A large weight was lifted off Sitkanis' shoulders now. He was no longer homeless. Suddenly a thought hit him. He did not always look like he did at night. Alodian knew he night form, beautiful and pale but what would he think when day time came around? He looked much different during the day. He was taller, more tan, and in all ways nothing like was at night. "Alodian, I do not mean to alarm you but I do not always look like I do now. When morning comes I will look much different. I wanted you to know so you would not be alarmed. I have scared a good amount of people with that fact. I'm a…" Sitkanis struggled to remember what the man had called him. "An Ethaefal. We change form depending on the time of day. I'm still a man of course, I just look a lot different. I thought you should know before you let me in your home." Sitkanis was worried that this fact might cause him to lose his newfound shelter but he had to be truthful to someone who was extending so much to him. I was only fair.
We'll dance in the moonlight
We'll rock till dawn
And if you can't dig it baby
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Words: 136709
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2010, 4:54 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alodian Aviastas on October 26th, 2010, 1:02 am

Alodian listened to this kindered soul, as he spoke. "Friend, all that I would ever want in restitution would be your happiness. I cannot let anyone go without a home, especially since that would be cruel. Where I come from, you do not need payment for helping another; it is in our blood to do so," he said, a grin finding its way onto his face. He looked around the docks, noticing the beauty once more. "Whether you be an Ethaefal or a Kelvic, it's all the same to me. Do not fret kind one, I would not care if you were purple. You are still welcome in my house," Alodian said, giving a warm smile to Sitkanis.

"I don't know how much stuff you have, but I would be happy to help you bring it to my house. We are already in the season of fall, and I insist you move in immediately. No reason to catch something friend," he said, as he offered his help. "Besides, it would be my bet that it is one less thing to worry about in a region full of anxieties," he said with a playful grin.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Words: 38674
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2010, 2:24 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Tabarnac on June 15th, 2011, 4:04 am

XP Award!

Sitkanis
XP Award: Auristics +2; Observation +2; Interrogation +1

Additional Notes:
Sorry this one petered out, but I awarded what I could. If Alodian returns, I can grade the other half of the thread as well.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Keep writing!
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous