Kadurro's Personal Journal

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Kadurro's Personal Journal

Postby Kadurro on January 3rd, 2010, 8:16 pm

AV509 Winter 6 (or 7?)

What a way to start a journal, I can't even remember what day it is. Doesn't matter, though. I happened to eavesdrop on a Konti and a strange Raven Kelvic, who had planned to scam Mizas off of gullible travelers. Truly something I would be interested in, if the pay wasn't so horrible to split between three persons. The Raven Thief seemed ambitious, while the Konti was more common sense.

The ambitious Raven Thief sparked a thought in me today. He said that if you're going to do a heist, you might as well go "all out". I had always been capable of taking "charitable donations" from the pockets of those with means, but the concept of a heist never rang true with me; most probably because there aren't too many people rich enough to bother heisting. But as I said, the Raven Thief sparked a thought that I hadn't thought about before. And so, it is with my greatest pleasure, that I hereby begin movements towards the full-blown heisting of an armored transport leaving the Miza Mint.

I hope that I do run into that Raven Thief again. And I suppose the Konti's wisdom wouldn't be so bad, either.
Kadurro
Snarky Conman

Words: 14187
Joined roleplay: January 2nd, 2010, 10:45 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Re: Kadurro's Personal Journal

Postby Kadurro on January 3rd, 2010, 8:24 pm

AV509 Winter 34

It's been nearly thirty days since I set out on this near-impossible task, and I am no closer to obtaining my goal. I have spent the past thirty days simply getting to know the city of Syliras better--success: limited.

It has come to my attention that my small fortune of Mizas will not last for long, whether it be that I spend them on necessities, or that I am shamelessly mugged in some alley. I heard that a new shop, not even a week old now, is hiring for help. I shall go and try to work in this shop tomorrow. It is a place called "Mechanical Marvels", and while I do not know a thing about gadgets and tinkering and such, I do believe that this place may hold the keys, both figurative and literal, to successfully heisting the Miza Mint. While I have no experience in any of the called-for abilities (CARPENTRY! WHY OH WHY WASN'T I BORN A CARPENTER?!), I can only hope that my charm and good looks will convince the owner that I can be of some worth to his shop.

Note to self: possible inclusion of shop owner in scheme on Miza Mint. Will gauge possibility when we meet face to face.
Kadurro
Snarky Conman

Character sheet
Donor (1)

Postby Kadurro on January 31st, 2010, 6:28 pm

AV509 Winter 36

Success! I don't know how I pulled it off, but somehow, I am now an employee of Mechanical Marvels.

Even better, my position has me advertising for the shop, which doesn't involve me working in the shop with my employer. Did I mention his eyes? Gray, like bad snow. I know I'm well past the age where some non-Vantha's eye color should make me uncomfortable, but his eyes might as well have no color at all. Completely bland. I don't know whether I should be fearful or disgusted by it.

I thought about getting myself into the habit of constant bathing, but when I look around at the state of the bazaar, I realize that I'm actually quite clean compared to some of the people around me. Like that one mandolin player I met a couple days ago. Wonder how he's doing...

Doesn't matter, really. With this position at Mechanical Marvels, I now have a bit of "resource" to enable my plans with the Mint.

Note to self: Forget that last note I made. Owner of Mechanical Marvels is impossible to read, too risky for inclusion.
Last edited by Kadurro on February 14th, 2010, 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kadurro
Snarky Conman

Character sheet
Donor (1)

Postby Kadurro on February 14th, 2010, 7:39 am

AV509 Winter 46

I'm writing this from my usual place in The Rearing Stallion. Not sure why I like it here, but I do. It's probably the safest place in Syliras, as far as I'm concerned.

But that's not important. I met someone tonight. His name is Sasin. He ran into a bit of trouble during the Fire Festival tonight, and managed to talk his way out of being skewered by some crazy lady. Watching him fight with words was like looking into a mirror. Only he's not a Vantha, and not nearly as handsome as I am.

Actually, I'm not even sure where he's from. He looked human to me, but I overheard someone call him a Dhani. Talk about insulting. To call someone a Dhani suggests that they're unsavory and snakelike. I've only been called a Dhani twice over the years, and it's arguably THE worst insult you can throw at me. I mean, I'm the epitome of un-unsavory and un-snakelike behavior!

Regardless, Sasin's a good man. He's in on the scheme, and I've told him to stay in Syliras. I think he plans to gather some information on his own, as well. If either of us comes up with something, we're to find eachother. I don't think it would be too hard to find him -- not too many who wear that dark leather here in Syliras -- and I've told him to look for me here in the Stallion if he needed me.

It was a good night, to say the least, regardless of how it started out.
Kadurro
Snarky Conman

Character sheet
Donor (1)

Postby Kadurro on February 14th, 2010, 8:20 am

AV509 Winter 50

I'm writing this in the late night, here at the Stallion again, although I haven't done any drinking. It's easily Winter 51 now, but I haven't gone to sleep yet, so it might as well still be Winter 50.

But that's not important. I met up with someone here in the Stallion, and he kept mentioning to me that he heard a rumor about someone trying to rob the Mint. So we ended up getting into this conversation, and it would seem that someone, somewhere, has been watching me for awhile. Fortunately, the man I met at the Stallion says that this "watcher" of mine may be interested in mutual cooperation, and would like to meet me. Unfortunately, I've already arranged a meeting with Sasin tonight, per his request. As much as I want to know what sort of information Sasin has gathered, it's going to have to wait.

I already stopped by the place I told Sasin to come by tomorrow night at this evening, it's Winter 51 already, I forgot, at the 22nd bell, and left him a note that he shouldn't have trouble finding, across the street from apartment number 9 on Traveler's Row. I picked that spot because the apartments are relatively quiet at night, with the occasional Knights patrolling the wall, and the man living in apartment number 9 is, from what I hear, a shut-in mage who minds his own business. Meanwhile, I'll be meeting with this enigmatic "watcher" at The Spinning Coin. I'm not even sure if this guy will show himself, and I don't know what to expect, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

I need to get some sleep, I'm exhausted. deGrey will want to see me tomo today, and the last thing I want to do is g et him m a d.
Kadurro
Snarky Conman

Character sheet
Donor (1)