Resolution (Satu)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Taloba, home to the Myrians, is the thriving core of Falyndar. Inhabited by a fierce and savage tribe where blood sacrifices are normal and a way of life, they are untamed and proud of it. Warlike, and with their numbers growing, the Myrians are set on reclaiming what is rightfully theirs. [Lore]

Resolution (Satu)

Postby Siiri on April 12th, 2011, 12:29 am

"Follow?" Siiri scoffed in mock contempt, as if what Satu had just asked her was the most ridiculous question she had ever heard. "I do not follow, Konti. You have to make me! I am not a mere pebble tossed in a raging river, content to tumble along with the flow of the water! I am an avalanche, a wreaker of destruction, and it would take a force greater than mine to change my course once I have chosen it!"

The Myrian spoke the words not in boast, for she only recognized them as truth. It was meant to display the disparity between their strengths, Konti versus Myrian, which was evident just from looking at their respective sizes and frames. Siiri, the epitome of a warrior, stood tall and proud, muscles rippling with each execution of her attacks, a bronze champion of the Goddess she always tried to emulate. Satu, fey and enigmatic, was the embodiment of grace and beauty, overcoming the sheer ferociousness of her opponent with guile and agility.

Siiri's words were a challenge for the smaller Konti, for she wanted Satu to find a way around her brute strength in order to implement her own designs. She continued with her onslaught as she spoke, her swings wide and not truly aimed at the pale woman. They were flashy moves, meant to cow and intimidate. Siiri refused to employ the finesse and accuracy of actual swordsmanship until Satu showed her true prowess as a fighter.

And then the Konti did.

Satu weaved around her massive blade, like water flowing past an obstacle to resume its steady course, to deliver a counterattack. Siiri moved to intercept the twin suvai, planting her feet firmly on the ground and quickly retracting her blade in preparation of a parry, only to find that the lunge was a feint and that the true attack would come from the other side. Two whale bone daggers sliced through the flesh of the Myrian's unprotected forearm before she could pull the limb away. It was the same arm that Satu had injured in their first fight.

Their eyes met as the suvai kissed tanned flesh, and Satu would see Siiri grin at her, an acknowledgment of her well played attack. It came an instant before the Myrian pulled her weapon up and across, its pommel aimed to smash against the Konti's jaw. At that range, there was no way Siiri could miss.

It was repayment for the wounds she just suffered.

"There's still time before I lose the use of my arm, Satu!" Siiri called. "Come at me again!"
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Resolution (Satu)

Postby Satu on April 13th, 2011, 11:50 pm

Pain exploded in Satu’s jaw! And the Konti reeled from the surprise blow, staggering away quickly on suddenly heavy feet. She shook her beautiful head to clear it, though dizziness threatened her from the impact. The Myrian was so much stronger, and she had the force of much larger muscles to back up the attack. The suvai fighter felt it all within that single blow. Konti women did not hit like that, could not hit like that, with their leaner and smaller musculature. Brutal it would appear to anyone looking and already the butter-smooth skin around her jaw began to turn an angry, ugly purple.

“Come at me again!” Satu heard Siiri’s words, though the pain in her jaw made listening difficult, and she moved it back and forth tentatively to see if it still worked. But she did hear, and Satu refused to give in! This was not the end! Spitting out a molar into her palm, she looked at the bloody thing in her hand. Sapphire eyes looked up into the warrior woman’s; there was so much difference between them, but there was also much to learn. And Satu would prove to her that a Konti could learn what the Myrians knew innately.

Satu returned the smile, a smear of blood across her rosy lips and white chin. The first strike was hers, and the poison worked already, even if Siiri could not feel it yet. Soon the arm would be immobilized. “No doubt, you remember the kiss of my suvai…?” she asked. Though the Konti knew she could not rest easy yet, especially against Siiri! There was no time to simply toy with her from a distance and let the poison flow. Siiri was too dangerous, and Satu wisely remembered their last battle. The Myrian’s hands and legs were deadly on their own. Even with one limb stilled with poison, Siiri had fought on, never willing to give up. She should not have won!

Her HeartSense felt Siiri’s Heart, and this same resolve was within it now. Satu knew she needed to be cunning in the little time available to her or Siiri would take her out quickly. Determination and resolve shown freshly in her eyes and on her face, and in that moment Satu was utterly readable, as she hoped to be. The Konti leapt at Siiri then, and it would appear as if a kitten attacked the lion. Her blades spun madly, as if her attack was wild. And this time, just as she had done in her last attack, she began to shift once more into the false movement. She hoped to lull Siiri into thinking this a repeat of her previous actions. But instead of following through, the suvai fighter turned the opposite way and her body quickly dropped a knee to the ground in a roll. One long, lean leg shot out as she slashed her suvai at an exposed and unprotected area on Siiri’s leg, in her momentum as her body moved away.

“Let the strike land!” she prayed silently, as she tried to roll away. Satu needed Siiri less mobile, and she needed it badly! For if this contest came to unarmed fighting, as the other had, there was just no contest between Konti and Myrian muscle.

Though inland far we be,
Our souls have sight of that immortal sea
Which brought us hither.
~William Wordsworth, Intimations of Immortality

Signature Credit goes to:
archistock.deviantart.com
jurgita.com
catskullcollector.deviantart.com
and the ever lovely and helpful Hex for putting it all together!
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Words: 296249
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2009, 3:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
GP's Angels (1)

Resolution (Satu)

Postby Siiri on April 14th, 2011, 2:30 pm

"Kisses indeed!" Siiri laughed loudly at the Konti's attempted taunt. "If not for their paralyzing magic, they would be like love nips to me! But let my blade even just lick you and you would bleed dry before the end of the hour!"

And she laughed even louder, the sound covering the swoosh of her weapon as she forcefully stabbed it at Satu. Or where Satu had been, for the agile Konti easily danced away from Slayer's bite, her smaller frame and better footwork working in her favor to foil the Myrian's attacks. Siiri followed her every movement however, all her senses trained and focused in keeping her opponent within striking distance. She sensed Satu tense and she noted how the Konti's muscles contracted in preparation to execute the same move she just did earlier.

Siiri wasn't about to give her the chance to strike at her vulnerable side again and speed up the effects of the suvai's poison in her body. Not hesitating to commit herself in a devastating maneuver, the Snapping Jaws warrior brought her greatsword crashing down on the spot where she expected Satu to end up in once the Konti had completed her own move.

Block this! she thought smugly, knowing full well that if Satu tried to do so Slayer would shatter her smaller weapons. As insurance, to ensure that she covered all her bases, Siiri threw a knee to where she would have positioned herself had she been in Satu's place. The placing would have allowed her to evade the crash of the massive blade but knee thrust ensured that her opponent suffered at least some punishment.

But Satu was in neither of the two places for Siiri had read her move wrong. The Konti had executed a feint within a feint! Siiri applauded the smaller woman for the deceitful trick even as one of Satu's suvai drew a thin line on the fleshy part of her thigh. In retaliation, she lashed at the Konti's face with her other leg, aiming her foot right where she had slammed her pommel earlier. She hoped the blow would catch the woman before she could dance away again.

Two limbs, Siiri thought grimly despite the still-light expression on her face. She analyzed the damage done to her by Satu, doing estimates in her head how long she to defeat the Konti. The wounds were superficial, hardly worth paying attention to, but she knew that the poison flowing in her blood would be the one to defeat her if she did not end the fight soon. I can't believe the deyhan is schooling me. Again.

Challenged now, the Myrian ducked her head and charged, intending to barrel through the smaller woman.
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Resolution (Satu)

Postby Satu on April 19th, 2011, 4:42 am

Satu wove in and around Siiri’s blade and body like a white ribbon dancing in the wind. She dodged with a dancer’s grace and a fighter’s flow. The advantage was hers through speed and agility. “If your blade wants to lick my skin, it needs to move faster …” Satu’s Heart flared with pleasure as one of her suvai drew a fine line across the Myrian’s thigh. But overconfidence was the Konti’s downfall, for Siiri’s leg kicked out and caught her unaware on her already battered jaw. Forcefully the Konti’s head snapped back as the blow landed. Satu cried out, a high pitched yelp of pain and surprise. Her feet stumbled beneath her and she fell backwards to solidly land upon the ground. She tried to roll to absorb the impact though she only partially succeeded.

There was no time to jump into a defensive stance, Siiri was charging towards her and Satu watched as the warrior approached in slow motion. No time! In the blink of an eye, she had lost the advantage! Satu still moved, limbs scrambling, even as her head was dazed from kick. The need to act was imperative, Siiri would be on her quickly, and Satu had no wish to meet her considerable unarmed skills again.

This was Satu’s turn to show the Myrian that the Konti would no longer be beat. Siiri would see for all their differences that they were equal, but only if the Konti could force the battle away from an unarmed contest. Satu did not have Myrian training or Myrian muscle for that. But still the suvai fighter refused to defer. She would fight! And she would fight dirty, if she had to as Koa had taught her. From her unenviable position on the ground, Satu readied her legs to take the brunt of Siiri’s charge. It only remained to be seen if the Konti could push the warrior over her, with her own long legs.

Though inland far we be,
Which brought us hither.

jurgita.com
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Resolution (Satu)

Postby Siiri on April 20th, 2011, 8:08 am

The kick connected and Siiri watched as the blow sent Satu to the ground even as she charged straight at her. But the Konti did not scramble to stand up, perhaps realizing that she would not get her defenses up in time to block or avoid Siiri's mad rush. Instead the smaller woman kept on her back and readied her pale legs for an upkick that would send the larger Myrian flying over her head if she tried to leap into her guard.

She's learning, Siiri realized with some amusement and not a little bit of pride. Satu was using the standard defense most often employed by novices just learning the art of unarmed combat.

But then, it was the more experienced grapplers who allowed attackers into their guard to deal greater damage. Siiri would have been more wary if Satu did that. As things stood, she knew how to counter what the Konti was hoping to do.

Discarding her blade, Siiri halted her charge just out of range of Satu's legs and leaned down to the grab at the loose limbs with her hands, keeping her grip firm. Normally, she would have executed some form of leg lock that would hyperextend the smaller woman's ankle or knee or even break her shin bone, but with the threat of the ever dangerous suvai in Satu's hands, Siiri opted to take another path, one she would not have dared attempt if she had been sparring with another Myrian.

With her grip on the Konti's ankles in place, Siiri reversed her momentum and leaned back, pulling Satu with her as she moved to start a turn. Her greater weight, combined with her secure hold, lifted the poor Konti's body off the ground as she began to spin. Faster and faster she turned, bearing the Konti's weight as long as she could. Every complete circle she did lifted Satu an inch higher in the air. So lost was Siiri in carrying out the move that she did not notice if her opponent was shredding her legs with her weapons.

At last, when the Myrian could not bear the strain of holding up Satu's full weight, she released her hold on the Konti's ankles...
==/==
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Resolution (Satu)

Postby Satu on April 23rd, 2011, 8:44 pm

Satu’s arms and hands scrambled along the ground to hold her place as Siiri pulled upon her ankles. Grunts of effort, sounded from the Konti’s throat, though they were small sounds, and easily lost in the scuffle. Her legs tried to kick at the Myrian’s strong hands, but the warrior’s grip was too tight! Surprise flared within her, as the unnatural state of spinning took hold, and her body was lifted off the ground.

But so flexible was Satu that her trailing arm still holding the suvai just might be able to reach one of Siiri’s legs. The strain was incredible as she pulled her stomach muscles in to twist up slightly. Raking one suvai through the air, Satu hoped to connect with Siiri’s flesh either to scratch or stab as best she could in her unbalanced state. Her arm and stomach strained terribly and she did not know if she connected or not as she lashed out. But then Siiri let go and she was flying a short distance through the air to land with a rough bounce. Her white braids flopped about her face and one suvai was jarred out of her hand. A small cry sounded at its loss, but she rolled through the sudden pain of impact.

Satu scrambled along the ground to grab at it, her fingers digging through dirt. With a sigh her hand again held it and her chest heaved as she slowly rose to her feet. “Do you feel it yet…, the kiss within your limbs? The suvai’s gift?” The Konti tried to smile, but her beaten jaw would not allow it through the pain. Her eyes watered, but did not soften. Siiri’s discarded weapon lay near, and Satu looked at the warrior proudly. She would not allow the warrior to reclaim it. And this time, Satu needed no encouragement to charge, she had her suvai and the Myrian had lost the great sword.

Though inland far we be,
Which brought us hither.

jurgita.com
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Resolution (Satu)

Postby Siiri on April 26th, 2011, 12:57 am

While she did her best not to show it, Siiri knew the Konti's taunt rang true more than she cared to admit. Numerous slashes crisscrossed her thigh, red lines that barely dug into her flesh but the blood seeping out of them was evidence that an unhealthy dose of the suvai's numbing poison had entered her system. Already she could not feel the foot of the injured leg; she was literally standing on one leg. Even the arm that got slashed in her initial exchange with Satu was beginning to feel the same effect. She knew she had about a minute or so left before she lost all feeling on that limb as well.

Despite all that, Siiri still greeted her opponent's charge with a predatory grin. "Bring it, warrior!" she laughed.

They collided, Siiri bearing the full weight of the smaller Satu as the Konti lunged at her with twin suvai leading. Siiri did her best to catch Satu by the wrists, to control where the blades' sharp tips pointed at, but she still got nicked on the inside of her upper arms before she could push the weapons up and away. She held to that position, to avoid further injuries from the suvai, even as she fell backwards, the Konti's forward momentum causing her to topple over.

Arms held above their heads, they fell together, Satu on top of Siiri, their faces so close that the Myrian could smell the Konti's breath and vice versa. Siiri wrapped her good leg around Satu's body as soon as they hit the ground, to prevent the smaller woman from using her knees to attack her.

She held that position for almost a minute, locking Satu down with her limbs, muscles straining to stop her from pulling away. Their chests pressed and heaving against one another, each could feel every ragged breath the other took. At last, when one of her hands fell from Satu's wrist, Siiri declared, "You win this round, warrior. I can't feel half of my body."

She gazed up at the Konti, grinning with genuine affection now, proud of what the smaller woman had accomplished. The sting of defeat did not even make a play on her emotions. It was strange, but Siiri just realized she did not call Satu deyhan any more. She could not recall when she stopped calling her that.

"Just so you know," she deadpanned, finding their positions amusing, "this is the one - and only - time I've let another woman stay on top of me."
==/==
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Resolution (Satu)

Postby Satu on April 28th, 2011, 4:36 am

The combatants fell as one, to land with a thud upon the ground. Siiri’s body was solid, the muscles almost hard beneath her own softer form and shorter legs. At Siiir’s declaration, the Konti fell silent, acknowledging the compliment. She was learning, though the lessons were more painful each time they met. Somewhere along her travels, she had changed from the once naïve Konti to a Konti with Myrian spirit. But the exact moment the change took place could not be pinpointed. She felt Affection from Siiri’s Heart and the suvai fighter tried to return the expression, but instead could only wince in pain from the effort. This caused her to want to smile wider. Siiri’s lessons had been harsh, but the Konti was grateful nonetheless. The Messenger’s message had been heard.

Pale blue eyes focused on Siiri’s face then, before she searched the Myrian’s eyes, as if she read something new within the gaze. “You might find the change enlightening…” Satu responded, the words heavy with the effort of moving the painful jaw. The moment was charged as the Konti’s face, framed with white braids, hung above her former opponent. Satu’s heart beat loudly as she lowered herself closer to brush her lips against the Myrian’s. “It might be something you would learn to look forward to…” Satu’s gentle breath was near enough to tickle the warrior’s skin, and the Konti tightened her fingers around Siiri’s one functioning wrist above her head.

“The kiss of the suvai wielder is much like the kiss of the suvai… and it seems you can not get enough of that,” Satu taunted, as her lithe frame slowly withdrew to straddle Siiri’s stomach. And she did grin then and laughed out loud, even through the pain of it. “Too bad you are not at your best,” she added unnecessarily, inclining her head towards the woman’s paralyzed arm and leg. “But perhaps it would be best to get you to a healer. Let me help you up.” The girl began to roll to the side, careful to watch the tricky Myrian. They were no longer at odds, but that was no reason to let her guard down.

Though inland far we be,
Which brought us hither.

jurgita.com
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Resolution (Satu)

Postby Siiri on April 30th, 2011, 9:29 am

Siiri half expected Satu to try and and throw a cheap shot at her, perhaps to give her payback for the broken nose she had given her in their first tussle. She would not have been surprised if the Konti did, for that was what she had taught her, to give no quarter, to beat on one's opponent until the fight left them entirely. Instead the smaller woman lowered her lips upon hers into something that was almost, but not quite, a kiss.

It threw the Myrian's mind into confusion.

"What do you mean 'something to look forward to'...?"

One second, they had been on the ground, and she, Siiri, was doing her best to restrain the Konti from gaining more of an advantage on her than she already had - at least, as much as she could with two of her limbs paralyzed - and exchanging playful, if barbed, banter before that, and the next second, they seemed to be sharing an intimate moment. What had just happened here? she thought. In a real fight...

In a real fight, her momentary lapse in concentration would have lost her the struggle and her life, for the Konti would eventually have freed one of her arms and then stabbed her with the suvai. If Siiri's thoughts were fully into what she was doing, she could have done a number of things to prevent Satu from reaching that point, one of with was to sweep the small woman with her good leg, or taken one of the daggers strapped on her hips to counter the threat of the twin suvai. Satu's tactic was simple yet effective - it totally threw Siiri off her game.

The realization of it made the Myrian laugh out loud. The kiss of the suvai and the suvai wielder indeed!

"Good game, Satu!" she acknowledged, as she accepted the Konti's pale hand to help her up. "Good game!"

As she stood up awkwardly on her one good leg, Siiri regarded Satu in a whole different light than when they had first met.

-fin-
==/==
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Resolution (Satu)

Postby Cayenne on July 3rd, 2011, 12:16 am

Very nice thread. I know I enjoyed it!

I hereby award the following:

Siiri
Rhetoric: 1
Weaponry - Greatsword: 4
Tactics: 1
Teaching: 1