(open) a small Charoda in a big pond

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Tandra on February 2nd, 2010, 7:04 am

57th of Winter 509

Tandra lay asleep in the stolen bandit's cart, as it rolled up to the city gates
"hey, you!" yelled a gruff voice, as Tandra jumped at a sharp prick on his arm, to see a guard holding a pike
"what is your business here?" demanded the guard
"a place to stay... like a nice cool well" said Tandra, not hiding the fact that, under all his rags, he was a dried-up and near-dead Charoda
"by the gods! get a barrel! this man will die without a barel of water!"

the guards quickly brought a barrel ful of water, and Tandra shoved half his body in, and his bodyt soaked up the water like a sponge
"much better" he said, as he pulled his head out, to show himself as what he really was, a young charoda, with a healthy figure and long rentacles, rather than the old, bony, skinny man he appeared to be before.

"there is a well in the city, if you keep the water clean, the residents won't mind you" said the guard
"thank you, good sir" said Tandra, as he entered the city,

he quickly put his mount in the stable, left his dogs at the kennel and dumped the carriage, and went into the city.
Last edited by Tandra on February 16th, 2010, 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tandra
Player

Words: 4007
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2010, 10:35 am
Race: Charoda

Re: (open) a small Charoda in a big pond

Postby Nira Curare on February 2nd, 2010, 2:02 pm

Nira had finally got around to setting up a small business, She may not have been the best healer in the city, but she was cheap and would do her best. It had been about a week since she arrived in Syliras, she was not prone to staying places long, but for some reason, she decided to set up shop in this giant sprawling city. People did not mind that much that the hood of her cloak never came down, or her gloves never came off, at least not nearly as much as they would mind one of those horrible Symenestras touching them. All in all in was a meager living, but she would get better, more talented, and she liked Syliras both despite and because how different it was from home.

It was the dead of winter so nobody looked twice when they saw her cloak wrapped in such a way that nothing about her was visible. It didn't matter, she would have worn it in the hottest day of summer, even if these city folk were more open minded than the villagers met had met in the past. She walked a with a slow grace. She had no where to be, and still enjoyed exploring this unfamiliar city. Losing herself in her thoughts Nira walked right into someone. He stumbled, but did not fall, Nira put a gloved hand on his shoulder to steady him. He was a Charoda, she had heard of them before, but it was the first one she had officially met. Feeling a little awkward for her lack of grace, which was a rare occurrence, Leta said in a sweet voice from under the hood, "I'm sorry, are you okay?"
Nira Curare
Player

Words: 6791
Joined roleplay: January 28th, 2010, 1:40 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Tandra on February 3rd, 2010, 6:02 am

Tandra looked around, and saw Nira, under her cload
"T'is fine, dear maiden. please, do'nt worry yourself"
he spoke in that manner, because he knew the human language, but he was not very good at it
"i thank you for your concern, please, do you know where a well or a nearby river may be, i require moisture so i don't dry out"

he felt awkward speaking in the human tounge but he had no choice
Tandra
Player

Postby Nira Curare on February 3rd, 2010, 8:41 pm

Nira smiled at the newcomer. She saw that Common was not his first language either, but in her home it was been imparritive that everyone learn to speak it as flawlessly as their native tongue, Symenos. His accent was bit more noticeable. All in all, it was nice to meet another minority, but how difficult life must be away from his home, he was an aquatic creature. Determined to help she racked her brain, but the only well she knew of was the one near her home, "I am sorry, I too am a newcomer, so I really only know of the one well near where I am staying, but I know of a lake and river outside of town too." Her cloak hid her face, and good thing to because her fangs tended to make people quite a bit less trusting especially when she was smiling. "If you would like I can take you to the well in Traveler's Row, though its not the nicest part of town."
Nira Curare
Player

Words: 6791
Joined roleplay: January 28th, 2010, 1:40 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Tandra on February 5th, 2010, 5:35 am

"well..... thanks" said Tandra, as he began to walk away

after he walked away, he came to a Tavern
"cool... i've never been in a tavern before"
he went in, and ordered a tall glass of beer
Tandra
Player

Postby Tandra on February 15th, 2010, 11:29 am

while drinking his drink, he dropped a Miza on the counter, he had only 10 miza left now, he needed money, and fast.
a strange woman came up to him, half bald, greasy and drooling from the side of her mouth
"hey fishy, wanna have good time? i'll pay 20 Mizas"
In a second Tandra was gone, running away from the strange woman with incredible speed
"by the gods! i'm not THAT desperate for Mizas!"
Tandra
Player

Postby Tandra on February 16th, 2010, 5:39 am

Soon after, Tandra was walking through the streets, looking for Jobs, he went past the blacksmith, did'nt even consider it

he ran past the fish shop, desperate not to be seen by the shop owner

he considered joinging the merchant fleet, but he rather stay IN the water, not on a boat

he did'nt want to clean the canals, cleaning up after the filthy humans.

and he eventually came to a place that was perfect for him, A TRADER FOR THE SYRILAS MERCHANT FLEET!

he ran into the main office, and slammed his arms on the table
"i want to work for you!"
he then began to say his qualities
"i will get the job done, squeeze the customer for every Miza, and i will gove you're share without fail! if you want someone to kiss you're ass, IM YOU'RE MAN!!"
"Get out!" said the man's assistant, but he was waved silent by the boss
Feisty, yet.... spineless... you're hired!"

"YES!!!"
Tandra
Player

Postby Gossamer on February 16th, 2010, 8:58 am

OOC NOTE

Tandra - This thread has turned inappropriate. You do not have permission to run NPCs nor do you have permission to post in the manner at which you've been posting. I'm closing this thread. And I truthfully feel sorry for Nira, though shes been a saint to be patient with you.

I wished this would have come to my attention sooner.

Thread Closed.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)