[Syliras Location] The Grandmaster's Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] The Grandmaster's Office

Postby Jedo on February 16th, 2010, 4:24 pm

While the rising stone towers of mighty Syliras beckon to the sky in royal grandeur, the bustle of city life in the streets below would provide one with a rather steady and troublesome population to deal with. Fortunately the Syliran knights, ever the loyal vanguard of humanity against all threats to its security, stand guard at every corner of the city, making sure that no trouble ever arises.

Perhaps it is the constantly roving eyes of the knights which propel the city towards greater things in success and prosperity. Or it could be the tireless watching of just one man, no doubt the most heralded example of chivalry at in a time where honor is an afterthought to life. Perched on the very top of it all, nestled on rich limestone and marble trappings is the domain of the grandmaster of the Syliran knights, Lord Loren Dyres. And it is from his vantage point here he oversees the lining streets of Syliras like an all-seeing father.

The office boasts of a regal and luxurious sort of simplicity; a great window overlooking the rest of Stormhold's vast domains can be seen to the left the desk where it provides a natural light for the ever-zealous master of the knights when he is doing paperwork during the day, and a cool breeze at night. Right behind the comfortable antique high chair and the solid oaken desk is a 150-year old cabinet which houses mementos of the Dyres family, relics which have been silent witnesses to the lives of the his noble ancestors, the founding fathers of Syliras.

The coat of arms of Syliras can be found embossed into the right wall of the office, decorated with fine china, silk trappings and plush carpets in every angle. Scores of weapons, mostly swords, line up in a neat rack by the shade of an artificial tree, obviously a replica of the sacred Windoak.

Right below an ancient war banner could be read the honorable pledge of the knights upon entry into their hallowed ranks.

"May Tyeth guide me in a pathway of Honor and Justice."
"May Yahal help me keep my heart pure and my faith strong."
"May Eyris keep my mind filled with knowledge and the wisdom that knowledge can bring."

This office is no doubt the most heavily guarded of all Syliras' offices, thus courtesy and compliance to rules will be strictly enforced. All official business with the knights as well as audiences and diplomatic meetings of the highest priority will be conducted here.
Jedo
There lies but the horror of the shade.

Words: 14682
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 4:27 pm
Race: Staff account