The Mint Conspiracy

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

The Mint Conspiracy

Postby Kadurro on February 15th, 2010, 7:46 am

Rules
All posts must include a song that you like. Preferably something energetic.
Play nice. No flaming, trolling, or flametrolling.
Inspire me with pictures, videos, and music, so that I may do great things.
Don't mess with Tuxedo Mask.
Kadurro
Snarky Conman

Words: 14187
Joined roleplay: January 2nd, 2010, 10:45 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Re: The Mint Conspiracy

Postby Kadurro on February 16th, 2010, 3:30 am

Apologies to anyone who happens to be in a thread with Kadurro. I've been caught in some crazy stuff over the past day or so, and I've got braincramps and writer's block.

So, until I get things sorted out, and find some inspiration...

Kadurro
Snarky Conman

Character sheet
Donor (1)

Postby Kadurro on February 16th, 2010, 1:16 pm

Sock Monkey = Kadurro
Muno = Lebramme
Robot = Alistair
Teddy = Gromhir
Mr. X = Tarot..?
Yellow Bikini = Kamalia
Mom = Gossamer
Kid Whose Face We Never See = Gillar
Kadurro
Snarky Conman

Character sheet
Donor (1)

Postby Sondra on February 16th, 2010, 7:40 pm

RUSH! I have an abiding love for Geddy Lee.

So, does Kadurro show up randomly and throw roses at people? Or are hare-brained crimes Kadurro's version of roses?

Anyhoo, here's a song for you. It's one of my absolute favorites, the lyrics are priceless.

Sondra
The Sinspeaker

Words: 141440
Joined roleplay: October 13th, 2009, 6:47 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Kadurro on February 16th, 2010, 11:43 pm

What a strange song, Sondra, the lyrics don't match the style of singing at all. Very interesting. :nod:

Kadurro may not throw roses around, but when has he ever attempted a "hare-brained" scheme? xD

Kadurro is the kind of guy who makes decisions and plans on impulse, and then follows through with them, regardless of potential consequence. He's on a neverending quest for happiness, so he does what he thinks will make him happy. He's a man who, if he successfully robbed the Miza Mint, wouldn't really know what to do with his money, aside from continue his travels. Definitely a short term thinker, but he makes do with what he has at the time.

Kadurro
Snarky Conman

Character sheet
Donor (1)

Postby Kadurro on February 18th, 2010, 5:53 am

So, I got to thinking about what's changed for Kadurro in the four (I think it was four) years between being a respectable member of Vantha society and being a man who lives on the streets of Syliras, planning to steal from the Mint. I guess somewhere along the way, he lost himself, and possibly snapped so far under grief that it probably made him an optimist in the extreme. I think one of these days I'll have to write up a series of flashback threads for him. Probably not until I'm finished with Kadurro, though. I mean, robbing the Mint is going to be his tour de force, and once the scenario's been completed, for better or for worse, I plan to retire the character. Get him into a position where I don't have to move him around (retirement, if I'm successful, or prison, if I'm not), and eventually phase him out to MacGuffin status (which is, essentially, a character that is only necessary for quests), and move on to other characters.

Only then would I begin to write flashback stories for him. As far as I'm concerned, flashbacks have one purpose, and that's to build up history and add to the character as a whole. Unfortunately, Kadurro's history (between leaving home and arriving in Syliras) has, like, no bearing on his current activities at all. So it just seems like that even if I were to start writing flashbacks for him, it wouldn't make a difference, and it would detract from the threads that I should be keeping up with. Apologies, again, to anyone who's waiting on a post from me.

On a final, and happier note, ra ra, ah-ah-ah-ah, roma, roma-ma. I can just about do the dance for the chorus.
Kadurro
Snarky Conman

Character sheet
Donor (1)