Eagles are our friends (Sairque)

Darren and Sai overcome the language barrier to work out an agreement regarding a climbing excursion

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Darren on July 14th, 2011, 1:23 am

Date: 90th of Summer, Year 511

Again Darren found himself at the mercy of the day the Inarta lovingly deemed Market day. Though in reality it they were the most chaotic days that Darren eever attended. A once busy, laid back area turned into a sprawling jungle of people, their creations and anything in between. His first market day went about much more smoothly then todays. That instance he managed to scamper in and out of the less busy stalls in comparison to today. The sun was at it's highest when he happened across the most unassuming stall he had ever seen. His lips however pursed together in surprise as his azure eyes read the stall name. He had no show of concealing his excitement now as he looked over the stall to it's proprietor. "One flying please" he asked politely as leaned over the stall.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sairque on July 14th, 2011, 8:13 pm

This one stall, a beacon of peace amidst the hustle of business-at-leisure. It was true, today's market, while important, wasn't the life blood of the city. If it had been, this particular Endal wouldn't have been lounging in a rickety old chair with her bare feet kicked up on the booth and her hands folded behind her head to maximize the efficiency of one glorious cat nap. It was her day off, just as it was everyone else's. A white strapless vinati provided scimpy protection across her chest, and a matching pair of bryda billowed about her legs. The color of the cloth brought out the extent her skin would tan in all its fair glory.

So she bathed in the blessing of Syna and let the chaos pass by, keeping it hidden from sight by closed lids and tuned out by selective hearing. It was the latter that kept Darren from receiving an immediate reply. The woman's eyes popped open, tension electrifying her body as her subconscious informed her that something within her interests had changed. Listening intently, hearing nothing, predatory yellow eyes rotated within their field of vision and settled on Darren's foreign face. Blood red hair with small glass beads braided intricately in swayed as the wiry woman dropped her feet and sat up straight.

"What was that?" she asked in birdsong Nari, reaching to pluck up the quill and bring it's nib to the lone sheet of parchment providing ledger for the day.
"Oneday I wished upon a star
And woke up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me."
Sairque
It's so empty in here

Words: 424341
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2010, 12:15 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Darren on July 15th, 2011, 12:42 am

This particular Inarta seemed slightly distracted, forgiveable since the task she was charged with was somewhat simple but nevertheless Darren was somewhat irritated by the notion. The shrilly pitch she was giving him didn't help either... Darren withdrew himself from the table as he gave a look at the woman. I don't know Nari at all he muttered to himself as he nervously tugged at the back of his neck.

He made wide sweeping movements with his hands to indicate that he didn't understand. Hopefully she would know some common? "Do you speak common?" he asked politely as he tilted his head in anticipation. "I would like to try this out... please" he explained as he pointed at the sign. True he didn't know too much about the Inarta as of yet but he did hear about this stall. "Maybe I am mistaken? Make flying yes?" he asked timidly. Right about now he was looking apologetic as if he wronged her. He felt uneasy as he tried to overcome the language barrier, it was never easy to be as prolific as he would liked.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sairque on July 23rd, 2011, 2:35 am

The woman behind the booth, wiry muscles dancing along her forearms as she played with her quill, eyed the foreigner for long moments. Perhaps debating her response in common, perhaps trying to figure out what gobbledygook he was muttering. He was kinda cute though. Not overbearing and obnoxious. The delicate features of her face blossomed as she smiled in a short burst of affection for the hesitant patron.

“I speak common a little bit, yes,” the words came out slanted ever so slightly by the musical accent of her native tongue. “We will fly to our destination and back, yes. But most time will be rock climbing,” she explained, needing to pop any bubble gum dreams of soaring through the sky for days on end. The only reason Catabasis agreed to this was because her fee went straight toward buying him goodies. “Longest flight will be day and half, one way, with one day of climbing. Lots of other shorter trips, too.” Kalea was infested with rocks to climb, but she didn’t have time to go any longer than four days total, but any time length under that could be accommodated. Her eyebrow jumped inquisitively, wondering if he would still be interested in a trip that didn’t involve flying exclusively.
Behind me.
Sairque
It's so empty in here

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Darren on July 23rd, 2011, 11:40 pm

Darren grinned widely as the two overcame their language barrier, at least they have can understand each other. Somewhat. Though Darren was still lost in some of what Sairque had to say, he could easily infer what she meant later on. It was just a matter of accommodating whatever comes at you and Darren seemed to have gotten dealing with nonvantha's down. However he was a bit confused at what she said, what was that last thing? Tilting his head slightly, he blinked absently a few times. When she finished this left him with more questions then answers. "What is the last part? Rock throwing? I have to wait day and a half for flying? But I can wait one day for rock throwing?"

Now slightly discouraged, Darren checked his money pouch protectively. It felt like this woman wasn't being serious with him. A day and a half? I'll have to wait that long? Or is she saying we are going to fly for a day and a half? Letting out a troubled sigh he looked pleading at Sairque as to show he didn't quite understand at all. Feeling rather upset about the lack of communication the vantha just shook his head absently towards the Inarta. "It's very good? No problem, I can come? My name is Darren Whitevine... Erm how muchs?" He nervously gripped the back of his neck as he waited for her response. Is it all right I that trust her?

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sairque on August 12th, 2011, 1:17 am

He looked so happy at her answer that she cocked her head to the side a bit and eyed him suspiciously. Was there something wrong with him? No..no..his goofy expression cleared up just a moment later, he must just have been relieved that they could work something out after all.

As though standing were equivalent to being given command, authority draped across her shoulders and flowed along her limbs like a favorite cloak as she rose to her feet. Brilliant yellow eyes met his with uncanny intensity, but a friendly enough smile played along those sun-chapped lips.

“We can fly this afternoon, Darren.” Perhaps the simplicity of that would clear things up a bit. Bands of muscle shifting along her exposed torso, the Endal twisted to retrieve a canister from hanging off the back of the rickety old chair. Brushing the ledger and writing utensils aside, a map slid free from the case and laid flat on the booth. Rough hands gripping the edge, the redhead leaned forward, glass tinkled as her thick braid cascaded over a shoulder and dangled above the parchment. After a long moment of scrutiny, her right hand lifted and skimmed over the worn surface. No…not Dry Fawn Peak, or Jug Creek. Faded lines made the search difficult; a new map wouldn’t be a bad investment.

“Here. Thirty Pinions,” sharp eyes lifted, taking in his confusion. “Mizas. Thirty gold mizas.” He wouldn’t be able to read the Nari, she was sure, but it read Death Bench under the rough pad of her index finger. He would, however, be able to figure out that the distance between the volcano on the tip of their peninsula, Mt. Skyinarta, was at least a week’s trek from where she pointed. “There and back. Leave today, return in four days.”

He didn’t seem too sure, but they could work this part out. There were any number of destinations. And he did seem like he would be a pleasant fellow to take out on a little trip. He would see more country in a way he’d never imagined before. And she would get to hunt, fish, and rock climb.
Behind me.
Sairque
It's so empty in here

Character sheet