[squire's Dormitories] A disaster in the making

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Jokor on July 25th, 2011, 5:47 pm

Summer 3th 511 AV

Jokor walked through the squire dormitory. Having only a few personal items of his own it didn't take him to much to clean out his rented chamber in the travelers row and right now he was carrying most of it in his arms, following an older woman as she was guiding him towards his new home. A single room shared with at least one other person. But with his luck it would probably be an already crowded room.

A few moments later, the older woman stopped in front of one of the doors and looked at him, a small smile on his face.
“Well here we are, this is the suite, the room at the right side of it still has a free bed. If there is anything else that you are missing just come and ask one of the chaprones.” Jokor just gave a polite nod and entered the room, the woman going back to whatever she was doing and left him alone.
After a few moments of looking through the suite he finally went towards the door and openend his room. Only to scowl at the sight of a familiar redheaded boy sitting on his bed.
“Of all the people, they room me with you.” Jokor said in an annoyed tone.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Lucas Arias on July 25th, 2011, 6:35 pm

Lucas was quite a happy boy that day. Nobody had beaten him up, nobody had made fun of him, and he hadn’t groped any boys thinking they were girls either. Besides that, his knight had gone easy on him, so he didn’t have any bruises for a change. Since he couldn’t go to the Rearing Stallion every day and try to get free drinks, and pranks were only so much fun if you did them every day, he had decided to just spend his spare time in his room.

There was nobody there besides him at the moment which meant that he could do pretty much what he wanted. And he was in the mood to draw a bit at the moment. So he was sitting in his bed, back leaning against the pillow and his notebook in his lap. He had decided to do a different version of the drawing he had done for Hadrian a while back. He was drawing the face of a woman and attached it to the body of a bird.

He was just about to draw the wings when the door opened. The redhead looked up, thinking one of the other squires wanted something from him, but nothing could have prepared him for what he saw now. His eyes nearly dropped out of their sockets and he stared at Jokor as if he wasn’t sure if he was real. His mouth even hung open for a moment.

„You?“ he asked incredulously. He remembered their little encounter all too well. It had been the first time he had been beaten up by somebody that was shorter than him. The mere thought of it made him want to hit somebody or disappear into a hole in the ground. „You said you weren’t a squire! What are you doing in my room? The empty bed is already reserved for a new squire! You are probably sleeping next door!“

He pointed at the door behind Jokor as if he wanted to tell him exactly where he should go.
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Words: 231699
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jokor on July 25th, 2011, 7:36 pm

Jokor rolled his eyes at lucas's remark about the bed being reserved for a new squire.
“I wasn't a squire when I kicked your to the other side of the city, I just got drafted today. So if you got any brains in your head you would know that I am that new squire ya moron.” Jokor just shot back as he ignored the outstretched finger and walked over to the empty bed. Dropping his stuff on it before turning beginning to look around for places where he could store his things.

“And close your mouth, ya look even more of a moron then usual with that look on your face.” he said as he pulled found a small wooden box shoved underneath his bed, obviously intended as storage room. As he finished storing his stuff he just sat down on his bed and glared at lucas, obviously not happy that he was forced to live together with that little twat.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Lucas Arias on July 30th, 2011, 6:04 pm

„You didn’t kick me to the other side of the city“, Lucas corrected him. „You only beat me up a little, and as you can see I’m fine again. I might be able to beat you up now, but I’d rather not. As for not knowing that you are the new squire, well, the chaperones didn’t give me any names. They wouldn’t reveal who was going to move in.“

As he said this, he watched Jokor closely. Very closely. He didn’t trust the boy at all. He wasn’t sure whether he should believe him. Who said that he hadn’t just made everything up?

As he realized that Jokor wouldn’t just obey, do him a favour and leave, he made a face – and secretly wondered how desperate the knights had become if they already hired the likes of Jokor! He couldn’t imagine Jokor being a good, honorable knight. Jokor was even less fit to be a knight than he was! He didn’t know the meaning of the word „honor“!

He ignored Jokor’s order to close his mouth. Instead he leaned against the headboard, crossed his arms over his chest and glared at Jokor – just like Jokor glared at him – and secretly wished that looks could kill or at least be very, very painful.

„So ...“ he wondered. „Who is the knight that drafted you? What did you do to persuade him – or her – to let you in?“ Which knight had been stupid enough to accept Jokor as a squire? Or had he persuaded a female knight with his charm? No there was nothing even remotely charming – or attractive – about Jokor.

He really needed to give Jokor a proper welcome, he decided, as he waited for the other boys‘ answer. Maybe a whoopee cushion, strategically placed on his chair when all the squires were gathered for dinner ... or maybe an entertaining little mixture in his drink that would give him diarrhea, make him vomit or cover his face with pimples (preferrably in green or purple).

Decisions, decisions.
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jokor on August 20th, 2011, 12:31 pm

Jokor rolled his eyes as lucas began to correct him on the fact that he didn't kick him to the other side of the city but just beat him up a little bit. Did that idiot take everything literally?
“Well you better stop yapping or I'll correct that little lapse in judgment I made.” jokor snapped out. When he told him he didn't know who was going to come because they didn't give him any names his opinion of lucas dropped another few notches. What idiot was going to wait till they gave him information? It rarely happened and most likely was misinformation to lead you onto a goose chase.

He didn't bother to insult lucas for that tendency though, he might be able to use that idiocy to his own advantage later. When lucas just returned his glare he refused to back down, he wasn't going to give in to some shale-spined pansy that most likely never had a hard day in his entire life!
“I got drafted by ser alero. And I didn't persuade him. I fought him in one of the training rooms, pissed him off and because of that he was going to throw me out of syliras unless I became his squire.” Jokor groused out, thinking it would be better to get the truth out before the moron began coming up with theories and began to share them with the rest of the squires. He didn't care that most of the squires thought of him, but he wasn't going to take the chance that jaelyn was going to hear of it.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Lucas Arias on August 30th, 2011, 12:48 pm

„Yapping?“ Lucas repeated and grinned. He was more amused than anything else. For a moment he seriously considered yapping like a little dog, but then he decided not to because it didn’t seem as if Jokor would appreciate his imitating animal voices right now. Maybe he’d give his new room mate a demonstration later.

„I’m almost tempted to challenge you“, he remarked as Jokor spoke about correcting his lapse in judgement. „I’d really like to see you kick me to the other side of the city – it would almost be like flying – but since it would most likely also involve a certain amount of pain, I’ll have to decline. Maybe we could kick somebody else together though?“

He remembered talking to Hadrian about the possibility of flying knights. Maybe if you combined Jokor’s insane claims with Hadrian’s magic ...

„Ser Alero, huh?“ he asked. „He must have been pretty impressed, even though you pissed him off.“ For once Lucas didn’t sound like an idiot, but talked normally. „Knights usually don’t just hire people like you. So are you going to train with the rest of us now?“
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes