[the Enclave] Thinking is bad for you (Alstromeria]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Rista on July 26th, 2011, 11:48 pm

While she listened to the story, Rista began to calm down. At first anyway, before she actually began to believe that the girl was telling a true story and not just something that was made up. Someone that was hunting a bird! Unthinkable, things like that didn't happen in Wind Reach. The eyebrows twisted into a frown, her eyes moved between Alstroemeria and the objects on the table.

"It can't have been an Inarta" she finally said after the other had finished, and chose to ignore the excuse for being flustered. The womans behavior wasn't important, and as for the task she had taken upon herself... "No Inarta would ever shoot at a bird... Are you sure there's any point in this?" she asked and traced the edge of the table with a finger.

"How long has it been, ten years, twelve? Sure we can keep on trying to find something out, but let's face it. If it was an outsider and he had that kind of view on our brothers and sisters, the odds of him still being here, or there being any trace of him are small. I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic.."

She looked up and met the others gaze with her black eyes, calmer now and completely, brutally honest. Rista didn't see much point in researching something that hadn't attracted the attention of the Endals, because if it hadn't then there wasn't likely to be any traces left to find. Not after this long amout of time... Still, if the girl was to insist, she could probably lend her a hand. It was a way of passing time after all, and she had some to spare...
Rista
Black-Eyes

Words: 505199
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2011, 4:15 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Alstroemeria on July 27th, 2011, 12:11 am

"If he wasn't an Inarta, why didn't he kill me? He resisted... He knows something about me, I could feel it. When he dropped me..." She sighed. "But why bother, it's been 15 years." She shrugged. "It means nothing anymore... The thing is, I'm adopted. I know nothing about my birth family. And that's what I'm trying to figure out myself." She turned her gaze looking at Rista simply.

She didn't understand at all why that man didn't kill her at all. Rista was right it meant nothing at all! All these flustered feelings about wanting to find this man were useless. She was completely right! If she had ever felt that way... If so, this is another day for Rista. She had another mismatched flashback again this time of her laying in her cradle. A woman talking to her about how beautiful she was and how she told her that she loved her. She peered around the sighting, there was a fire of some sort. She couldn't understand...

She blinked for a couple of times, beginning to play with her fingers again. It was a way to make sure she was completely alive and in tact. She didn't know why she did it, more or less it was a tactic to see if she could feel. Allowing her nervous system to feel and react therefore it was easier and people would think she was just plain strange. "Alive.." She said in nari, sighing. She forgot again Rista was there, whenever she had flashbacks it was as if she was all by herself. Everything went blank, as if she couldn't hear a thing. How it irritated her because when having guests or friends around it seemed completely rude.
Alstroemeria
Flattered Stranger

Words: 50579
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2011, 1:50 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Rista on July 27th, 2011, 11:41 am

She waited in silence for a while and gave the other girl time to think things through. Her patience didn't last very long though, and the way Alstroemeria seemed to resign right away was annoying to watch. As the silence was prolonged, Rista began to tap her fingers against the table again, a complicated rhythm that served well to express her increasing annoyance.

As the red-headed woman seemed to disappear in her own thoughts completely, she gave off a disgusted sound and picked up one of the books that lay strewn over the surface of the table. Flipping through the pages, she didn't find anything that seemed to be of help.. Did she even know what she was looking for? A bird hunter, someone that would injure a child - threaten to kill her even - but then just let go for no reason. A lunatic like that wouldn't last long in this tight-knit society where everyone had a place and were connected to one another. If someone deviated or did something outrageous, it would be known to the entire settlement in no time at all. Who would know about something like that...

"You know" she said eventually and let the book drop back on the table with a bang, hoping to wake the other from her daydreams. "If you are going to give up this easily, why are you bothering with it in the first place?" She frowned as she glared at the Chiet, annoyed both with her lack of dignity as well as her seemingly weak mindset. How could she have survived this far?

"In case you want to know, I think I know a place for you to go. If it really was a stranger here during that time, why don't you go ask old Val at Sanikas Gate? He's the one who lets everyone into the city, and he lets them out again. If anyone remembers this stranger, I'm sure it would be him. I honestly don't think that you will get much further staring at these books... Unless you've given up already?"

She was probably harsh, but Rista didn't believe in leaving threads untied and tasks unfinished. While it wasn't her quest, since she had agreed on helping this person out she would do so, at least until Meria decided that she didn't want to go any further. Her gaze was demanding as she stared at the other, the fingers had paused their tapping for a moment while she spoke but now picked up their dance once more. At the very least she would get an answer to her suggestion... And then it would be time to retreat for now, to get some dinner. For some reason Rista felt more tired now, after these few drops, than she had done during any bendi so far... Syna guide her way, this girl was taxing to deal with.
Rista
Black-Eyes

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Artist (1)

Postby Alstroemeria on July 27th, 2011, 8:38 pm

"Oh look at the time..." Her gaze turned towards the clock that hung on the wall. "You must be tired from what I put you through.... And the thing is.... I'm not going to give up... I'm thinking of the possibilities. The options more or less... You must be hungry too..." She rose from her position stretching out her limbs. She gathered her belongings quickly as she moved herself from the tables. "Bye Rista..." She revealed a small smile, showing a bit of her perfect white teeth. She stopped for a second. "You coming?" She arched one brow, her smile growing.

The thing was, Alstroemeria was... Or is the most strangest person you'll ever meet. But the thing is, if you really honestly and truly knew her you'd realize how sweet she was. Rista on the other hand, she was a sweet girl herself... We didn't see eye to eye on many things... Alstroemeria hated first impressions. She tried to be the best that she could but ended up looking like an idiot. Even so, at the end of the day we were all the same inside out. Alstro couldn't change herself because she would never do that to satisfy her peers. She'll always be the same no matter what. At the end of the day... We're friends... Family.
Alstroemeria
Flattered Stranger

Words: 50579
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2011, 1:50 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Rista on July 27th, 2011, 11:35 pm

Why that was indeed a splendid way of avoiding her question. By now she should probably have been used to the completely unexpected response, but she was momentarily stumped anyway. Listening as the other continued to excuse herself, Rista shook her head and rubbed her temples sorely. Oh yes, dinner would certainly be appreciated, and then perhaps a nice bed. She felt tired, and the thought of getting away from chatty people was alluring...

As she got up to follow Alstroemeria through the enclave however, she had to pause for a moment as a thought occurred to her. This was probably the first time someone hadn't stopped to ask about her appearance. Nor had the other been phased by her irritation, where others would have frowned upon it or snapped back. Her eyes widened as the realization struck her, and it was with a surreal feeling of reluctant content that she followed behind the red-haired girl. What was all this about... Surely it couldn't be something to count on all the time. People just didn't act nice to her, not without reason.. She would have to wait and see. A small smile appeared on her lips, and Rista picked up the pace. Now she actually felt hungry for real.

end
Rista
Black-Eyes

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Artist (1)

Postby Mercury on July 28th, 2011, 4:53 am

Rista

Skill(s)
  • Observation + 1 XP
  • Socialization + 1 XP
  • Interrogation + 1 XP
  • Intelligence + 1 XP

Lore(s)
  • Life Sucks (basic)
  • Throwing Caution to the Wind
  • Ever the Pragmatist
  • Awkward First Impression: Alstroemeria

Method to my Madness: Dek are not allowed in the library: only yasi and up. Interrogation for being so direct with your questions. Pragmatist lore for the comment on the futility of a 10 year cold case. Intelligence XP for bringing up Val.

Alstroemeria

Skill(s)
  • Observation + 1 XP
  • Socialization + 1 XP

Lore(s)
  • Paranoia (Basic)
  • Flashbacks, now with Migraines
  • Storming Off (Basic)
  • Curiosity Killed the Cat
  • Awkward first Impression: Rista

Method to my Madness: Glasses are expensive. They would be very crude. Just as a heads up. They would not be fashionable or even comfortable. In our world, proper glasses weren't invented until the 13th century. The paranoia lore is for your 'tingly spine sense'. This is Mizahar. In Wind Reach people speak Nari. There is no french. Wind Reach is not a village it is a full city; one of the smaller ones, but it is definitely not a rural village. You have to keep in mind the technological age of Mizahar, while it is not all out dark ages, I doubt there would be a wall clock; a standing clock, akin to a grandfather clock is still possible though. While minor, these anachronisms distract from your writing. I made many mistakes when I first joined; I hope you are not discouraged by my comments; I see potential in your writing.

Minor Moderator Intervention: You are not a chiet; you do not have a job. If anything you would be a dek, but even they work in the city. Every citizen must pull their weight, earning their fare day by day. Pick a job, any job, as long as it is reasonable. You don't have to go through the entire Valintar process if you don't want to, but just make sure you have an occupation before your next thread. You can even be a librarian if you wish. PM me when you come up with something: do not post until then.

You can address any questions or concerns to the little voice in your head. A.K.A. PM me.
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Mercury
Poisoning you to insanity, one word at a time

Words: 93204
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2011, 4:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous