[Flashback] Remembrance (Miharu)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

Postby Amondaris on May 5th, 2011, 12:47 am

"A fan of sugar, are we? Well, then, I shall have to secure a steady supply of it, though I have no time for the stuff myself. More for you, though, I suppose.", he said when she finally stopped speaking, rubbing at his jaw thoughtfully. "Are you not a fan of people, then, or are you just shy?" Here, he tilted his head curiously towards her, though his eyes gazed upon the flickering riot of flames as if entranced by their chaotic dance.

He hadn't spoken to someone properly in a long time, either. Inevitably, like a lost soul returning to the old haunts of it's life, his thoughts turned to the night Rhanor had died. His mood instantly darkened, all joy melting from his face as fast as he had melted the snow earlier, his eyes hardening to a very light, terribly cold blue. The last time I was this at ease with someone was when Rhanor was alive. But I failed him, didn't I? I stood there and watched him die, helpless. Unable to protect him. Unable to protect the people I cared most about. Have I truly changed? Am I any different, any stronger? Unbidden, his gaze flicked over to Miharu, the smile similarly gone from her features, shed with all the abruptness the blood had left Rhanor's body when the tusk speared into him. Am I strong enough, now, to protect someone I care about? If I start to care for her, will be forced to stand, helpless, and watch her die as well? What right do I have to inflict that upon her? What right indeed? The young man's thoughts and emotions were caught in a swirling maelstrom of fatalism, drawn ever downward as his bitterness chased it's own tail around and around in his head.

Yet, he had company, and he was not insensitive to the needs and moods of a companion, despite his own foul state of being. A faint frown has creased his brow, his features settling into the expression as easily as a hand would a glove. Yet it was not her consumption of the heart that bothered him, and why would it? She was upset, that much was clear, the brooding silence, the sigh. She may as well have been Vantha, her mood was that easy to read.
Gently, he nudged his arm against Miharu, taking care not to do it too roughly or abruptly, and leaned towards her slightly, concern written all over his features. "Hey. Don't go all quiet on me like that. You'll make me think I've said something wrong. I'm rusty at this talking business, so you'll have to go easy on me.", he said, the faintest ghost of a smile flitting across his lips before disappearing as if it were never there to begin with. "Are you okay?" The question was honest, stated plainly and openly, the liquid jade of his eyes windows to whatever emotions roiled beneath the surface. Guile had no place on this youth's face, whatever else could be said about him.

Vengeance , Honour, Strength.

Useless, to deny the flood,
The Rage, the Beast we keep chained within.
With slavering jaws and wicked teeth.
The will that binds, so very thin,
To drown us all in blood,
And choke us all beneath.

-Amondaris.
Amondaris
Sword of the North

Words: 130093
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2010, 12:09 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Miharu Mindi on May 18th, 2011, 4:04 am

The girl blinked widely at the nudge, and then looked up with a sheepish smile tucked into the corner of her mouth. "Sorry," she muttered. "It's not that I don't like people or that I'm shy. I'm just... not welcome in my hold anymore, and that makes it hard to go to Avanthal. So I spend a lot of time in the wilderness. I don't mean to worry you. Nothing's wrong, you haven't done anything," she said quickly, glancing up at him as if worried he might actually be serious. She tried on a smile, and though it might have been a little forced, there was also something heart-breaking in it. She was like a child too used to a violent hand but still hoping for an encouraging hug.

But she seemed to realize she was being weird, and blushed pink as she busied herself with pulling out the rest of the meat and cutting it into smaller pieces so he could add it to the pot. "So. Um. What sorts of celebration do they have for your birthday? You said you were escaping it. Were they awful then? I've never been to a party before," she said with a wrinkle of her nose, now imagining them to be a horrible, torturous thing, maybe some rite of passage or something.

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips
And teeth sinking into heart
Miharu Mindi
Player

Words: 165248
Joined roleplay: March 14th, 2010, 7:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Secret on August 9th, 2011, 3:35 am

THREAD AWARDS

Miharu

Skills
Skill Gain Notes
Medicine 3
Unarmed Combat 2
Rhetoric 2
Wilderness Survival 2
Camouflage 1
Detection 1
Tracking 1
Stealth 1
Intimidation 1
Skinning 1
Observation 1
Running 1
Hunting 1

Lores
Wilderness Survival: Marking One's Territory
A Reason to Smile
Helping Prey Escape A Predator

Notes
Very Well done!! I enjoyed every moment of it. I assume Amond poofed, near the end?

Amondaris

Skills
Skill Gain Notes
Wilderness Survival 2
Rhetoric 2
Unarmed Combat 2
Observation 2
Bodybuilding 1
Running 1
Cooking 1
Weapon: Grosse Messer 1

Lores
Field Medicine: Snow Numbs Wounds
Inviting a Wolf to Dinner
Respecting a Woman's Lack of Modesty

Injury Report
Description Heal Time After Effect
Minor Bruising (Torso) 3 days None
Minor Claw Slashes (Torso) 15 days Minor scarring, if any
Bite Wound: Face (Stitched, Treated) 20 Days Moderate Facial Scarring

Notes
Nicely Done Sir! I enjoyed reading this, too bad it didn't quite finish. I await your return one day.
Secret
Domain Storyteller of The Spires

Words: 43326
Joined roleplay: May 17th, 2011, 5:02 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous