[Flashback]A Life of Training(Solo Training)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Flashback]A Life of Training(Solo Training)

Postby Nil'kayn on August 12th, 2011, 1:52 am

Timestamp: 51st Day of Summer, 496 AV

Kayn saw a flash of white, as the sword connected with his helm. He tasted copper in his mouth, spitting the blood to the ground he charged forward his sight blinded by sweat, as it pored into his eyes. He felt his legs hit something, and he flew forward, tripping and landing on his back. Kayn blinked as he looked up into Krong's face; he was laying in the dirt, and his helmet must have fallen off.

"Think before you act, Cub."

Kayn started to get up reaching for his sword and helmet he kneeled in the dirt trying to catch his breath. A waterskin fell at his feet, glancing up Krong stood there offering a rag. Kayn nodded, taking a long drink from the skin, he grabbed the rag wiping the sweat from his forehead and hair. He stood up slowly, glancing at himself and where he was. He was standing just outside the walls of Riverfall. Dirt covered the ground, and scattered across the ground where obstacles used to help Kayn in his training. After his Rite of Trial and his fathers death, Krong had taken the young Akalak under his wing treating him like a younger brother. The plate armour that Kayn wore now, was beaten, old, and worn, and it was Krongs from his childhood. The armour didn't serve much purpose other than to build up a persons physical strength, speed, and agility.

Putting the rag and waterskin to the side, Kayn squared his shoulders, and widened his stance, gripping the Longsword in a two-handed grip. "I'm ready." Krong feinted to the lower left, but brought his sword up in an overhead strike. Kayn only barely got his sword up in time using his hand on the hilt and the other hand on the flat of the blade, the sword connected in the middle of the blade. Krong stpped back, and Kayn swung at the left, which Krong easily deflected; no suprise there. Kayn began the processs of hacking and slashing repeatedly against his adopted older brother.

It was evident that Kayn was not going to get through Krongs gaurd. He needed some sort of distraction, or something to suprise Krong. Kayn's eyes around the traing ground going across each obstacle. Kayn jumped away from Krong, and started to sprint away. Anger flashed across Krong's face, "COWARD! A real man does not run!" He run after Kayn, who was digging deep to stay ahead of Krong, and the armour made it even worse it was hot and heavy, but he dug deep and surged forward. He was trying to create a plan of some kind of plan.

He caught site of a ramp in the corner of his eye; and an idea started to form. Switching course, his feet kicked up dust as he sprinted for the ramp. Krong had not expect the sudden change of course, and had to switch directions fast. Kayn sprinted for the ramp, Krong on his tail. As his feet hit the wooden boards he kicked of spinning around his sword high in the air it came flaying down in an arc towards Krong, who was not expecting the sudden attack. So suddenly Kayn had the advantage of surprise, and momentum, so he continued with the attacks seeming to stay a step ahead of Krong all the while. Krong continued to back up, unknowing to him, this was in Kayn's plan.

Krong had not seen the barrel behind him, and as he stepped back he tripped, and fell backwards. Kayn took the advantage and swung his sword to the Akalaks throat. "Submit." Krong smiled, "Cheeky little bugger...." He shook his head, raising his ahnds in mock fear, "I submit." Kayn helped his brother up smiling, "Had you fooled didn't I?" Krong shared his adopted little brothers smile, "That you did Cub, that you did." He ruffled Kayn's hair, his arm squeezing Kayn's shoulder, "How about we go get some dinner?"
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Note: Unless stated otherwise, Nilkayn is speaking in common, except for his thoughts.
Disclaimer: All the images I use ARE NOT MINE, and I do not claim ownership of them. Thank you to the artists, photographers, or models who created them.
Nil'kayn
Someone...

Words: 60524
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2011, 10:28 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet