[Flashback] A bird in the hand...(Alenias)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Ephraim on July 15th, 2011, 6:11 pm

88th day of Fall, 510 AV

Ephraim looked at the girl, she was still scared; scared of him. Maybe she was right; sometimes Eph was scared of himself. ”Sssome caretaker.” The mixed blood said with a shrug. At least his mother hadn't kicked him out from house for the whole days. He moved away from the wall and faced the girl. Her mistrust was clear, she was ready to escape at any moment now. The half-breed sighed and was about to turn around when the odd teenager asked if she could bring him a fish.

Eph's attention immediately returned to his new, almost eaten acquittance and his stomach growled in answer. In Ravok no one would give you a thing for free, why would she do it? Was she just a naïve child? When Ephraim had been her age, he already knew how selfish the world could be. A confusion crept into his features as he scratched his fuzzy curls thinking. ”Sssure, bring me some fish...” He said slowly, still not believing he would be given a free meal like that.

The rain began to weaken, which didn't really change anything since Eph's clack was already soaking wet. He took it off and wrung it. The mixed blood rarely showed himself without it, trying to conceal his heritage as well as he could, but the girl didn't seem to be a threat in any way. He sneezed few times and shuddered feeling chills from the recent rain. But at least he would get some food free.
My other characters:

Jamisia Abijah - Ahnatep [flashbacks] and currently Alvadas

Don't hesitate to PM about roleplays :)
Ephraim
Mangy Mongrel Thief

Words: 32199
Joined roleplay: June 22nd, 2011, 6:03 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Alenias on July 19th, 2011, 4:26 pm

"Treanas takes really good care of me," Alenias replied brightly to the scary man's comment, having missed the true intent of the words, "He makes sure I stay healthy, and taught me lots of things too!"

With the rain lightening and the scary man accepting the offer for fish Alenias scampered out of the alley. She normally didn't get fish, Treanas said she should only eat bread and fruits, but it couldn't be that different from taking any other food.

A little time stalking about Nitrozian plaza revealed a merchant with big piles of fish in front of him. He even had a big fish in his hands that he was holding up for all to see. She couldn't take that one, because it was his, but there were plenty of other fish in front of him to take.

Crouching low she quietly moved closer to the stand. The merchant never even looked in her direction though, too busy yelling at people about his fresh fish. When Alenias got close to the stand she paused and waited. She needed to make sure the merchant didn't see her or he would probably get mad and chase her. It was silly, but most merchants seemed that way.

Finally the merchant turned his attention to someone else nearby, and Alenias small hands shot out from her sides and grabbed onto a big fish. It was heavy, one of the heaviest things she'd taken ever, but she managed to wrap it up in both of her arms and then turn to scamper away. She thought she heard some yelling behind her after some time, but when she glanced back she didn't see anyone chasing her.

After about seven chimes she returned to the alley where the scary man was, hugging the fish tight like it was a beloved friend. Dropping it on the ground at his feet she quickly hopped back and landed in a crouch, watching with nervous eyes to see if the scary man would eat the fish, and hopefully not try to eat her.
Alenias
Naive Thief

Words: 97478
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ephraim on July 27th, 2011, 8:30 am

88th day of Fall, 510 AV

Ephraim just shook his head in disbelief when the kid didn't get the irony and just muttered 'I am sssure he doesss' under his breath. He wasn't surprised that the girl vanished, most likely looking for that fish. Watching her walking in the wet streets made him feel slightly bad that he got an advantage of not so bright and naïve kid. However these thoughts quickly vanished when his stomach growled. It was Ravok ,people used others all the time here. It's not like he asked her to kill someone, beside she had offered it herself. Or..Maybe...Maybe the kid was actually trying to get away, seeing how scared she had been of him and it was a way out. Pfft. Like Ephraim was really going to eat that scrawny girl.

He decided to wait a bit. His cloak was all wet and Eph felt uneasy to know he would have to walk in plain view like that. Exposing all his features to gawking passerby's. Maybe he could use roofs but after the rain it was particularly slippery and his skills were not the best. The mixed blood looked at the nearest puddle and a bug fighting not to drown. Sometimes Eph felt like such bug too. Especially around Ebonstryfe.

Before he could ponder on the little thing any further; there was small thud next to him. Eph's head whipped but it was only the dead fish lying at his feet. The half-blood made a noise of a surprise and interest. ”That wasss quick.” He told her with a hint of bemusement. The girl really could steal, because Ephraim highly doubted she had bought it. The fact that fish landed on the ground did not bother the half-Dhani at all. The young mixed blood grabbed his new meal and washed it with a water falling from a roof. It was a really big one, then he remembered something. He looked at the girl and after a while of fighting with himself he said 'thanks' muffled by a bite from a raw fish. ”Did your caretaker teach you how how to sssteal too?” Eph asked between bits of food falling into his hungry mouth. For a human such sight could be pretty gruesome and disturbing.

OOCSorry for the long wait ^^ I was away for a week :)
My other characters:

Ephraim
Mangy Mongrel Thief

Character sheet

Postby Alenias on August 3rd, 2011, 1:08 pm

Anger flashed in Alenias' eyes at the scary man's question, and she stood up tall as she glared at him, "I don't steal! Treanas said it's bad to steal, and so I don't steal!" she folded her thin little arms over her chest as she continued to stare angrily at the man.

Treanas had always told her that it was good to share food, that there was always more and it would help make people friendly, but the scary man wasn't being very friendly still. At least he didn't seem like he wanted to eat her anymore, but it still seemed weird that he was eating fish like that and not getting sick.

Not bothered by the way he was eating, what did it matter to her how he looked, Alenias' anger slowly faded as she watched with a mild curiosity. Finally she asked, "Why aren't you getting sick from eating fish that aren't cooked?"

OOCNo worries, obviously I understand that stuff happens. :)
Alenias
Naive Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ephraim on August 3rd, 2011, 4:46 pm

88th day of Fall, 510 AV

Ephraim chuckled at the girl's anger, spitting some fish bones. ”Ssso, you are telling me, you paid for thisss?” The half-breed asked with bemusement. It was outstanding how naive this girl was. She didn't even look much younger than him, maybe two, three years. Though as a half-Dhani he most likely had his lifespan and maturation messed up, just like the rest of his life. Ephraim eyes the girl curiously, there was something odd about her. Even in the way she walked. The fish was not tasty but Eph was too hungry to care. He gulped down large chunks of meat without even chewing.

As he was finishing the fish, leaving only raw bones, the girl decided to learn something about him. ”Hm?” Eph gnawed on the last bit. ”I wasss born thisss way.” He shrugged. Of course he could say what he was, but it never brought him any good. Sometimes he lied about his background, trying to make people thing he was just an exotic human but they always could sense his ruse. There was something strange about Ephraim, inhuman. He didn't react to things like humans, he didn't eat like humans, he barely looked human. Hell, he couldn't even talk like one. ”Only humansss get sssick from uncooked food.” Eph added after a moment of pondering, mostly to see the girl's reaction.
My other characters:

Ephraim
Mangy Mongrel Thief

Character sheet

Postby Alenias on August 12th, 2011, 3:18 am

"Paid?" Alenias tilted her head in confusion at the scary man, obviously confused by his question, but her anger at being accused of stealing pushed her past the confusion and she glared at the man, "It didn't belong to anyone so I just picked it up. I didn't steal."

The man's answer to her question was even more confusing than his first one, and she turned her head the other direction as she stared at him for a silent moment. He looked human, but wasn't? Was he like her? Treanas had told her not to change in front of people, but maybe if he was like her it would be ok?

"You're not human?" she finally asked, her little eyes staring at the scary man, "You look human though. What are you then?"
Alenias
Naive Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous