[Flashback] Foot and Hoof (Reshimi)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The massive stretch of desert that overwhelms Eyktol. Here, a man's water is worth more than his life, and the burying sands are the unfortunate's mute undertaker.

Postby Puapasho on May 26th, 2011, 3:44 am

Day 40, Fall, 508 AV

The day had passed mostly, the unrelenting sun conceding a bit as shadows grew long and the moon waited to rise. Puapa had spent the day as he had normally done for the years since his searching, following tracks with his father and hunting for food and water. The day would have been completely normal had it not been for the discovery of fresh Tsana tracks. He and Jalawe crouched down as his father showed him the marks of their tail slides and heavy clawed feet. How the grievous claws sunk into the sand in points. There was also a fairly fresh amount of scat which he had to smell. His father looked at him like he should taste it, chuckling as he could see the workings in his son's head.

A jackal's tracks had visited the scat as well. His father had put Puapa up front to track the creature down, offering guidance when necessary. Between the two of them, with hunger at the reins, their quarry was found sooner than later. Jalawe had thrown his spear and it hit home, lodging in the ribs of the beast. The impact had sent the jackal flying with a yelp. They quickly ended its life and carried it back to the cliffs for preparation.

As the familiar background began to grow on the horizon, Puapa caught sight of movement off to their right. It looked like one of the Abayla, Reshimi probably, judging from her size and shape. She was moving on horseback, though not at any pace Puapa couldn't catch.He looked to his father, who was already grinning and nodding. Passing the jackal over to his father's shoulders from his own, he made his way toward the older girl and her horse, his hand raised in greeting.
Puapasho
Player

Words: 10627
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2011, 4:48 am
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet

Postby Reshimi on May 26th, 2011, 4:31 pm

Season of the Fall, Day 80, 508 AV

Tradition rang true and before sunrise that morning, Reshimi and her father had left for the cliffs in search of stray goat. After bells of traversing the terrain, leaping rocks and climbing trees - and some of the time wasted in fun and chat - the pair found a small lamb caught upon a high ledge. Its desperate baying for a missing mother echoed across the stone, and she praised Makutsi's for the luck. With quick steps, they circled the baying animal, throwing ropes around its small neck.

Her father reigned it in and attached the cord to his horse. She helped, soothing both beasts for the walk home. It went without incidence, and her mother grinned with joy at seeing a live animal for her to keep. They would let it grow fat, for the time they remained at the cliffs, and either sell it or slay it when the time came.

Now, the day was beyond its peak and Reshimi left her tent home. Sundi, her Desertbred horse, was not getting the attention she deserved. Nipping at her hair in greeting, the horse shuffled as she tightened the harness. With light feet, Reshimi mounted and directed Sundi for the outskirts of their temporary village.

The pair meandered, delighting the heat of the sun without a care in the world. "Hm?" she reigned Sundi in, squinting at two hazy figures in the distance. One waved, and she grinned, recognizing the man.

Coming off the horse, Reshimi embraced Puapasho like only a fellow Kalanue could. She released him, giving a wave to his retreating father, and asked, "Did Eywaat bless your hunt?"
Reshimi
Abayla Woman of the Kalanue Tribe

Words: 31281
Joined roleplay: May 23rd, 2011, 8:45 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Puapasho on May 26th, 2011, 11:49 pm

The sand pushed out beneath Puapa's padded feet as he crossed the open space between them. All the women of the Chaktawe were visions of Makutsi. Reshimi just happened to be at the front of the line. These thoughts floated behind his ebon eyes, only a friendly smile gracing his countenance as he approached her. He looked over, nodding his head at her father, who could no doubt see his thoughts as his own father could. "Nice goat." Yes, that's what he came up with. Spending days in the desert alone had an effect on Puapa's social graces.

They embraced and released, though her scent and texture remained with him. His head turned slightly to the side, echoing his sacred Brother. "Brother Crow blesses all I do, Reshimi. His long sight watches me." Looking up to her father, he pushed his chest out a bit. " I will walk with Reshimi." Her father nodded, his eyes lingering on the young man before he looked at her and smiled. Pairings were a blessing to the Chaktawe. More hands and more eyes to bring their people back from the brink.

As her father began to slowly move off with the young goat, Puapa's attention rested fully on her own inky pools. " We saw some Tsana tracks out to the southwest." His body naturally turned and he pointed in the direction from which he and his father had come. " A hunting pack. One day I hope to bring one down and gain honor for my father." His lips turned slightly in a half grin. Now he was chirping and cawing away. The Abayla had a gift for speech and here he was not letting her use it. "What does the night bring you?"
Puapasho
Player

Words: 10627
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2011, 4:48 am
Character sheet

Postby Reshimi on May 27th, 2011, 12:35 am

Season of the Fall, Day 80, 508 AV

Reshimi grinned at Puapasho's first awkward sentence; even the goat made noises, as if confirming her thoughts. His strong hug and confident words smoothed her initial reaction, however, and she soon forgot the moment.

Reshimi returned the smile before turning and parting ways with her own. "Can you find your way home without me?" she teased.

"I'll move the tent, just because you said that!" he retorted in the same humor. Her father left with Puapasho's, the goat skirting and refusing to walk in a straight line. Every so often, their heads leaned together conspiratorially, and they were forgotten quickly and easily.

She turned her attention toward Puapasho, maintaining eye contact until a thought flickered through her mind. Only then did she break away, partially embarrassed and partially thrilled by the direction her mind had taken her.

"You have the strength of Eywaat flowing through you." She laid a hand on his upper arm. "I am confident you will succeed." Reshimi returned his smile.

"The night brings me nothing but wandering and star gazing. That, and Sundi has been neglected." Turning to her horse, she patted the beast's nose. "Do you any leaves or roots? I spoil her when I can."
Reshimi
Abayla Woman of the Kalanue Tribe

Words: 31281
Joined roleplay: May 23rd, 2011, 8:45 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets