Why are Charoda so unpopular?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Mizuriel on June 1st, 2011, 10:36 pm

I don't mean to be a party breaker, but how can you just wonder why are they so unpopular? If you care enough to ask, you should care enough to try and learn from experience. You shouldn't wait for that one awesome person to come and jumpstart the Charoda trend; YOU should be that person. I can understand that you don't want to start out alone, or that finding compatible writing partners can be hard when starting a new movement, but worrying about it will never get you started - initiative will.

When i first started here, i had three maybe even four character ideas that i wanted to implement all at once. Unfortunately, i didn't have enough time to make them all active. Mizuriel was a first, and that was really the only reason he was human. I was looking for something familiar; something i knew. Next came Gural because the charming Hatot/Radris duo won me over. Last, but not the least stands Graln. Truthfully i wanted a bird Kelvic at first, but later it grew into an Avanthal obsession that was indulged only by seeing the add that said the town needed more feral inhabitants. Even now i have 3 completely fleshed out PC's that keep collecting dust in my word documents. What's stopping me from playing them? Lack of time is my excuse these past couple of months.

Also should you ever see a love driven alchemist Nuit that keeps looking into distant corners of the world to find someone he lost so long ago - that would be me.
Should there ever be an indifferent Isur who puts his belief in Lhex and wastes his days dreaming of better times without doing much to change his fortunes - that would be me as well.
Finally, if you ever see a character so detached that only Eyris would even care to look at him - that will most likely be me as well.

No character is born special, they are made special by the stories their players weave for them; and in a way examplary talent is always shown through exemplar PC's. So i say you should go out of your way to be that one PC that acts like a magnet as he or she works their way from the hallways of your mind into the corners of our eyes.
Mizuriel
The ugliest around, and quite proud of it xD

Words: 63255
Joined roleplay: February 21st, 2011, 8:59 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ciryll on June 1st, 2011, 10:43 pm

The little mermaid got tired of her undersea kingdom, who's to say there won't ever be a Charoda that also wants to?
Anyways, it was just an idea.

I'm surprised they're considered to be so peaceful and diplomatic, all in all.
Ciryll
Player

Words: 9740
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2011, 1:22 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Acanthus on June 1st, 2011, 10:45 pm

That's what I was planning on doing.

Mizuriel, you could have made your point with only the first and last paragraphs, you know. ;)

Why does that surprise you, Ciryll?
Acanthus
Wizard

Words: 11928
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2011, 9:52 pm
Character sheet

Postby Ciryll on June 1st, 2011, 10:53 pm

"Hey, I know what we'll do! Let's go up to the surface and see what's going on!"
-first party goes, dies horribly.-
"I know, lets send another one!"
-probably gets met with some apprehension and a healthy dose of xenophobia-
"Let's make friends with them!"

Also, have you SEEN what kinds of animals live in the ocean? I'm assuming of course that the oceans of this world are like ours, except more full of monsters and danger.
Ciryll
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Acanthus on June 1st, 2011, 11:02 pm

Hahaha. That made me laugh. Yeah, I guess I can see your point. ;) But they do teach that all life is sacred and should be protected, and maybe that's because they saw the horrors that befell their scouting parties and didn't want to bring those horrors upon anyone else, even the Myrians. I dunno, it's kind of a stretch, but it just makes the Charoda that much more ethically superior to every other race. :)
Acanthus
Wizard

Character sheet

Postby Taryn on June 1st, 2011, 11:05 pm

The whole idea about the breathing apparatus paired with the fact that Charoda breathe through their skin gave me a fantastic idea-- ever seen those big bubbles that people run around in like a giant hamster ball?

But in all seriousness, the only thing that turned me away from initially picking that race for a PC was that they were typically pacifistic. :| I still intend on making a Charoda once I have a more clear-cut idea...
Taryn
Player

Words: 18960
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2011, 5:55 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Ciryll on June 1st, 2011, 11:09 pm

"more ethically superior to every other race."

I am now easily imagining an extremely pretentious and condescending Charoda, preaching to an 'unrefined air breathing savage' what exactly makes Charoda so much better than those brutal land dwellers.
And then the air breather distracts them mid sentence by hurling a shiny trinket.
Ciryll
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mizuriel on June 2nd, 2011, 12:10 am

Yes, probably could, but i kinda feel wordy today... if that is even a real thing.
Mizuriel
The ugliest around, and quite proud of it xD

Words: 63255
Joined roleplay: February 21st, 2011, 8:59 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Acanthus on June 2nd, 2011, 5:51 pm

Well, I created a Charoda. Now I'm just looking for someone to RP with. If anyone wants to, send Telos (my Charoda) a PM.
Acanthus
Wizard

Character sheet

Postby Kish on June 3rd, 2011, 12:58 am

I'm pretty sure that they can go on land withought any type of breathing machine, but their bodies need to be submersed in water every 6 hours or something, or their skin dehydrates and they die. This is only information I found a while ago (my memory isn't really any good) that I just so happen to recall right now, so it may be absolutely wrong.
Kish
Player

Words: 4804
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 1:18 pm
Race: Jamoura

PreviousNext