[Stone Gardens] A Fine Feathered Friend (Alec Skywolf)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on June 3rd, 2011, 5:15 am

Season of Summer, Day 2, 511 AV

It was very early in the morning when Jaelyn arrived at the Stone Gardens, probably a good bell before Syna's light began to spread across the sky, and she was dressed in her simple tunic, pants, and boots as she slowly walked amongst the various memorial stones.

The last half of Spring had seemed to contain one confusion after another, but hopefully with a new season would come a chance to leave it all behind and renew her efforts to become a Knight. She could focus on her training and practice, and not on Tolby, Dimitri, Markus, or Kendall...

Jaelyn gave a soft sigh, turning her gaze up towards the sky. Kendall would be leaving soon if she had not already. Off with Hadrian to Ravok. Jaelyn was glad her friend would have company in that dangerous place, but... Jaelyn gave a firm shake of her head, banishing those thoughts away.

Shutting her eyes to the sky Jaelyn whispered a prayer to Tyveth, her words barely louder than a breath as she asked for strength and guidance to know how to overcome this burden.
Jaelyn Baroth
Alt of Alenias, Devoted Squire

Words: 144214
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2011, 5:27 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alec Skywolf on June 3rd, 2011, 3:12 pm

The cold moved through Alec's short dark waves of hair as he walked along. He didn't know the city very well at all so he spent his early morning walks now trying to explore new places. Occasionally when a gust of cold wind kicked up he would close his eyes and feel it breeze past him. Every time wind blew past him an intense urge to spread his wings and fly would overcome him. Except he was in his human form and he felt sure it was a waste of energy to change back and forth unnecessarily. Ah but the wind - she called him almost as strongly as the moon.

Lost in his reverie the boy found himself in a beautiful stone garden. In which he saw a woman who seemed to be whispering to herself. Now Alec is not nosey, he respects other's privacy, however his sharp ears and curious nature made it impossible for him to not overhear the women's prayer's, 'accidentally.' Turning over a small leather collar in his hands his head slowly cocked to the side. Alec's huge yellow owl eyes gazed on at the woman. He'd never heard someone praying before, to him it sounded very sad and beautiful. To the young Kelvic it seemed as though no one's emotions could be so impossibly complex.
Last edited by Alec Skywolf on June 4th, 2011, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alec Skywolf
Player

Words: 9765
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2011, 12:08 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on June 4th, 2011, 2:55 pm

With a semblance of peace received from her prayer Jaelyn let out a slow breath and opened her eyes once again. As she lowered her eyes down from the sky they fell upon a scrawny looking young man with... yellow eyes? Perhaps he was a Kelvic?

Regardless of what race he might be Jaelyn gave the young man a soft smile and a nod of her head, "Good morning to you. I did not expect to meet anyone else at the Stone Gardens this early," she paused a moment, trying to figure out what to say, "I am not disturbing you, am I? I would not want to cause a problem if you came to pay your respects to someone."
Jaelyn Baroth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alec Skywolf on June 4th, 2011, 10:05 pm

The boy's expression turned from one of curiosity to mild anxiety. He was not too good at this whole 'talking' thing. "Uh good morning," his mouth seemed to stumble over the words as his eyes avoided the woman's eyes, "I - I'm sorry I did not mean to eavesdrop." The words escaped his mouth before he realized she was not accusing him of eavesdropping, but only greeting him. His thin hands turned a small leather collar over in his hands nervously.

"You're not disturbing me at all," his nervous eyes fell back to her face, "I was just exploring - I'm rather new to the city. I'm sorry if I've disturbed your prayers." Alec shifted self-consciously, unsure whether he should continue to talk or wait for for the woman to say something. The only person he'd really met in the city he'd never had to talk to, but that was one of the perks of being an owl.
Alec Skywolf
Player

Character sheet

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on June 6th, 2011, 5:26 pm

It was hard to miss the nervousness that came over the young man as Jaelyn spoke to him, and Jaelyn felt bad for causing such discomfort in someone else. Noticing the small leather collar he was fiddling with she gave a soft smile and took a couple steps towards him, "No, it is no problem at all. I had finished already, and had not realized I was speaking loud enough to be easily heard. I am sorry if it made you uncomfortable."

Taking a few more steps towards the young man, putting a couple arm lengths away, Jaelyn extended her hand while still smiling softly, "I am Jaelyn Baroth, what is your name? Are you looking for a lost pet? I could help if you would like."

This young man just seemed so shy and nice that it felt like Jaelyn's duty to help him feel more comfortable in Syliras. People like him should be welcome to the city. Because it was people like him that she wanted to fight and protect, so they could live their life unafraid of the dangers of Mizahar.
Jaelyn Baroth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alec Skywolf on June 6th, 2011, 6:54 pm

The young man's posture and eyes noticeably softened at the friendliness of Jaelyn's demeanor. The last time he had been in his human form out so early in the morning the greeting he got was not quite so friendly. He quickly tucked the collar into a pocket, as though it were a precious keepsake. As it slipped into his pocket a lock of silver hair tied to the collar glinted. "Pet? No - uh - it's just an old momento I have."

Doing his best to return the warm smile, the young man's bright yellow eyes met with Jaelyn's. He extended a rather thin hand with long fingers into hers in greeting. "It is nice to meet you, my name is Alec - Alec Skywolf." Realeasing her hand, his curious eyes darted about, taking in the scenery of the Stone Gardens. Alec opened his mouth and then closed it as though unsure what to say. "Is this is a hallowed place where people usually spend time in prayer?"
Alec Skywolf
Player

Character sheet

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on June 7th, 2011, 7:49 pm

It seemed that the collar was a sensitive thing for Alec, and so Jaelyn figured it was best not to pursue anymore questions about it. She was a little curious, more so at the glimpse of silver before it vanished, but she wouldn't dream of putting her curiosity before someone else's comfort.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Alec," Jaelyn's soft smile remained as she spoke, her grip during the handshake firm and and hand rough from years of training, "The Stone Gardens are a rather hallowed place, but I do not know if many others pray here. The Stone Gardens are a place of remembrance for the many Knights who have given their life for the protection and good of Syliras," she gestured about them with the hand that had shaken Alec's, "Each stone with a name represents someone."

Falling silent for a moment after her explanation Jaelyn wondered for a moment what to speak of, but then latched onto the most obvious, "Might I ask, what brought you to Syliras Alec? Just wanting to find somewhere to live, or something specific?"
Jaelyn Baroth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets