w.i.n.t.e.r.i.z.e.d (-open-)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Re: w.i.n.t.e.r.i.z.e.d (-open-)

Postby Rohnn on January 11th, 2010, 10:05 pm

"Stay where you are. State your business and choose your words wisely"

The great ape grinned, bearing his teeth, in a rather sadistic manner; an unexpected sight for the girl if she knew any of the Jamoura people. Rohnn was unlike the other, usually placid, Jamoura. He had a thirst for adventure; ever since he was young, he had fallen in love with it. The adrenaline running through his system was more than enough to excite him. Examining the girl, and her equestrian companion, he snorted.

"Don't you know it's rude to eavesdrop?"
Rohnn
Player

Words: 4125
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2009, 3:15 am
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Dayvon on January 12th, 2010, 4:59 am

Although no onw was looking it was easy to see relief wash over Von's face as a petite girl came shuffling out of the forest, with an impressive looking mount at her back. His Myrian blood was still raging, but his breathing slowed and the tension in his shoulders sagged in relief.

He returned his short sword to its home quickly at not without a little embarrassment. 'Startled by a little girl and her precious horse, what an idiot I am' he thought as his eyes lowered to the ground. From what the Myrian could tell the girl was quite pretty, and obviously a bit frightened to be hiding in the bush.

He heard the Jamouran scold her in his deep growl of a voice and Von couldn't help but chuckle a bit at just how much of a prude he was. He slapped the large Yeti on the back and grinned at the girl. "Don't mind my large friend here." He said in the most friendly voice he could muster. "You just scared the poor guy is all!" He added with a wink.

"Well it looks like we got ourselves a little gathering here. I don't know about the rest of you but I am sick and tired of standing here in this miserable cold. How about we build a fire." He still wore a grin on his face and showed the girl the rabbit he had caught earlier. "I caught this earlier and I intend to eat it, and you both are welcome to it as well." He glanced at the Jamouran he had met only moments before. "Although I doubt we'll all fill our bellies tonight."

Then Von's eyes returned to the girl once more. To him, she as innocent and harmless as anyone he had ever seen. She seemed to have her own personal aura of fragility and longing, but to a Myrian many people seemed that way. Myrians who were so fulfilled and content with their lives of brutality. Von saw them for what they were: ordinary. He had seen the brutality, the slaughter, and the faith that drove his former people, and as far as Von was concerned that was all they would ever have. They would never grow or learn, they would fester and stagnate and die, because they were ordinary, ordinary and blind.

Dayvon was no Myrian in his heart.

The Myrians wanted Taloba and the old glory.

Von wanted the world. He wanted it through new eyes.
Dayvon
PARTY ON (your name here... IN CAPS) !!!

Words: 3574
Joined roleplay: January 6th, 2010, 8:16 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet

Postby Evarette Karmine on January 12th, 2010, 6:17 am

"I was...well, I just..." her hasty explanation was cut short as the tatooed man ducked around the massive shape of the snow-laden Jamoura. His disarming words were almost more bewildering than confronting the giant ape. Eva blinked, looking from one to the other, and notching an auburn brow in the direction of the reckless man. "Well, I don't really consider myself...all that intimidating," she stated uncertainly, flashing them an anxious smile.

She wasn't really given much of a choice. It was either accept their company here in this vast, frigid wilderness, despite what ill may come of it...or risk herself in trying to take off a step ahead of them. The likelihood of the latter actually turning out in her favor was fairly low. Eva sighed, resigned for whatever fate had in store for her.

Ivar nudged her roughly from behind, and Evarette nearly lost her footing in the snow in her effort to avoid budging another step closer to the two strangers. Clearly he did not sense any impending danger. Darting an ominous glower over one shoulder in the direction of her steed's depthless, mirthful eyes, Eva straightened her stance. She gestured back towards her small, makeshift camp...where a small, plume of smoke spiraled into the air like a pale, quavery beacon. "One step ahead of you, sir..."
Evarette Karmine
My Heart is True as Steel

Words: 62165
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2009, 4:56 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rohnn on January 12th, 2010, 12:44 pm

Rohnn frowned at the loss of such an opportunity as his hand tightened around the man's shoulder. His apologies for Rohnn's animalistic methods was quite rude; however the great ape, growling at an innocent young girl, must seem rather.... primal.

[color=#008000]"My name is Rohnn of the Jamoura."

He managed a few seconds after the tattooed male finished speaking. His body was slightly more relaxed now, with the great bound leathery chest no longer rising and falling like a trampoline in the summer heat. Rohnn's eyes widened once more, his frown turned into a smile, and then he laughed. The laugh was more comforting than intimidating; at least that was his opinion. Another fur filled hand found its way onto the young man's back once more in a hearty comfort attempt; perhaps too hard.

"Ah! Food and a camp!"

He began. Food, after all, was one of the best things about nature! Fresh meat, herbs and vegetables! The bounty of Caiyha's world.

"Then let's get started!".

Shaking his fur of all snow, he revealed the rest of his beautiful deep gray coat, enshrouding most of his body spare the leather covered chest, face, feet and hands. He began walking towards the camp, smiling at the girl in a friendly manner. She did have a fire ready and there was no friend-maker like hospitality.[/frame]
Rohnn
Player

Character sheet

Postby Rohnn on January 12th, 2010, 12:46 pm

Rohnn frowned at the loss of such an opportunity as his hand tightened around the man's shoulder. His apologies for Rohnn's animalistic methods was quite rude; however the great ape, growling at an innocent young girl, must seem rather.... primal.

"My name is Rohnn of the Jamoura."

He managed a few seconds after the tattooed male finished speaking. His body was slightly more relaxed now, with the great bound leathery chest no longer rising and falling like a trampoline in the summer heat. Rohnn's eyes widened once more, his frown turned into a smile, and then he laughed. The laugh was more comforting than intimidating; at least that was his opinion. Another fur filled hand found its way onto the young man's back once more in a hearty comfort attempt; perhaps too hard.

"Ah! Food and a camp!"

He began. Food, after all, was one of the best things about nature! Fresh meat, herbs and vegetables! The bounty of Caiyha's world.

"Then let's get started!".

Shaking his fur of all snow, he revealed the rest of his beautiful deep gray coat, enshrouding most of his body spare the leather covered chest, face, feet and hands. He began walking towards the camp, smiling at the girl in a friendly manner. She did have a fire ready and there was no friend-maker like hospitality.
Rohnn
Player

Character sheet

Postby Dayvon on January 13th, 2010, 4:29 am

Von was happy to see the situation settle a bit. Of course, he fancied himself a great and charming individual, and to him that was precisely what had saved the day. In reality however, the chances had to be slim that a 600 pound Jamouran would go charging at a defenseless young girl, but fortunately for Von he didn't live in reality. To him, he'd saved the day with his charm yet again.

He grinned wide when the girl showed her nervous smile, and from Von's hearty laugh afterwords you could tell he was a man who was quite used to the act. He felt a little shockwave as the Jamouran shook with laughter behind him. It would take a bit before he got used to that; even his laugh seemed formidable. Von fought to regain his air once more after the ape's slap on the back. This one forced Von forward and accidentally bumped into the girl. He dropped his rabbit, and grabbed her around the waist to steady himself as he choked down a few lungfulls of frigid breath.

He found himself only inches from her face, her eyes dark blue and glittering at him from beneath a few locks of hair and he thought she smelled like the wind if there was such a smell. Von lost himself for a moment standing there, out of the corner of his eye he saw that his ape friend was already strolling toward her camp. It seemed to Von that his hands were on her hips for eternity, but it had only been a few seconds before he clumsily removed them and stepped back. He saw the horse eying him.

He tried to act as nothing had happen and said "It seems the prospect of food has excited my friend." His voice was quieter now, more reserved, but a small smile still lingered on his face. " I appreciate the hospitality." and right before he turned toward her camp. "My name is Von by the way."

He picked up their meal and started toward her camp.
Dayvon
PARTY ON (your name here... IN CAPS) !!!

Words: 3574
Joined roleplay: January 6th, 2010, 8:16 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet

Postby Evarette Karmine on January 13th, 2010, 4:54 am

Gasping as the man was plunged towards her by the Jamouran's good-natured thwarting, Eva was prevented from backing up by the equine hulk at her back. As the man's hands descended upon her hips, she froze, blinking up at his patterned features. She wasn't accustomed to such close encounters, particularly close encounters with those of the male persuasion. An awkward silence hung in the air between them those few, tense moments that prevailed before the Myrian managed to disentangle his hands from her hips and step back. Eva combed splayed fingers past her forehead, brushing back the few dark locks of hair that had managed to tumble free, and dislodging a dusting of snow that had settled freely amongst them. Ivar snorted. It was not often that Evarette found herself driven speechless by any situation.

As Von plucked up their meal and headed towards her meager camp, Eva relaxed. Falling into step alongside him, the heavy footfalls of the Nightwalker behind her, she tossed him a sidelong glance, "Well met, Von." She was torn between watching the vast stride of the Jamouran ahead of them and the tricky footing that the snow-blanketed ground offered. Never had she been the most graceful creature. Luckily, she arrived campside without incident.

Darting around one side of the giant ape, she pulled a few limbs from the pile she'd set to dry alongside the fire. They had been dusted free of snow, ripening for a nice, dry burn as they bathed in the flickering glow of the firepit. She arranged a few on top, building it upwards and outwards in order to widen it's encompassing warmth. Such adjustments were necessary, as she'd not predicted company tonight. During her small chore, indigo depths flashed upwards occasionally to study the pair, a look of amusement creasing her features as she could not help but smile. "I had not planned for company tonight, but I must admit...I find a community 'round my fire a most welcome sight when compared to the last few weeks. I'm Evarette," she offered up, dusting her hands free of debris as she straightened. The smell of wood smoke thickened the air with it's sweet perfume, a smell which Eva appreciated when it clung to her clothes. It reminded her of home.
Evarette Karmine
My Heart is True as Steel

Words: 62165
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2009, 4:56 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rohnn on January 14th, 2010, 12:42 pm

[OOC: Sorry about the short post! I was in a rush to get to school!]

Rohnn's steps were more like leaps to Evarette and Von but the way that the girl darted past him had quite impressed him. The fire was now built upwards and outwards as the flame began to grow until it's warmth could carry all three of them (Including the over-sized ape who must have counted for at least two).

"Rabbit! It's been so long since I've tried fresh rabbit!"

The great gorilla exclaimed, almost as if talking to himself. This would be a meal to savour and enjoy. Rohnn removed a leather bag from his side; it was seemingly small until you saw it away from him. It didn't boast much. A simple animal hide design with a few inked tribal markings here and there but it meant a lot to him. The markings had come from the villages he had visited in the past; each inscribed from the chieftain and fashioned from their own coloured inks. Some could say it was more of a souvenir from his travels, and even his youth. Reaching into the sack, he retrieved multiple herbs and a pestle and mortar.

"Seasonings"

He smiled to the others who were sitting nearby. His gigantic body covered an incredible area and unwanted snow was still clinging to patches of fur. He began crushing the herbs slowly, making sure that no rough leaves were left behind until it was a dressing of sorts.
Rohnn
Player

Character sheet

Previous