A Day in the Life [Open Thread]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Lysander on August 3rd, 2011, 11:22 am

Sitkanis’ anger caught Lysander by mild surprise. Though he didn’t outwardly express it, Lysander seemed to be able to sense the man’s rage bubbling up and eventually abating in favor of discomfort. It was drawn in his face, his deep eyes, and in the tremble of the hand he’d grasped. “If I died,” Lysander mused, his own brow furrowing as he dropped his head to focus on the rest of his meal. A slab of toast was lifted to his parched lips, and as per Sitkanis’ orders, chewed thoroughly before he swallowed audibly. “I’d just come back anyway, right?”

It seemed the boy had remembered little of his life cycle and fall from grace. In fact, he remembered more of his past life than his brief stay in Leth’s celestial realm – which was hardly anything at all. Death, to him, appeared to be the simple end of a chapter, and may have been taken entirely too lightly. The boy shuffled a bit closer to Sitkanis, wanting only to touch him in some way, to let him know without words that he was fine. A hand extended to grasp onto the Drykas’ knee.

Talen’s accusation caught Lysander by surprise and a fear of being discovered prickled white hot across his tanned skin. “I did not do it on purpose!” He chirped, barely able to contain the crumbs that flew from his mouth when he spoke. “I just got excited is all; you made Sitka angry. It’s your fault.” Long fingers groped for the nearly glass of juice and he took a tentative sip, large brown eyes wandering back to catch those of his elder brother’s, praying his defense was as sturdy as he seemed to think it was.
Spring 90, 511 AV - Spring 1, 512 AV
Lysander
Grow up.

Words: 63829
Joined roleplay: May 25th, 2011, 7:26 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sitkanis on September 26th, 2011, 12:03 am

Sitkanis' shot Talen a dark look when he heard the man almost attempt to shorten his name. He was calming but he still felt on edge from the scare. His brow furrowed when Lysander spoke. "No Lysander, if you die again you aren't coming back." His voice was level and lined with seriousness. "Just because you fell this once, it doesn't mean you will fall again." It worried him that Lysander took death so lightly. Of course, he was just a child.

A conflicted look took over Sitkanis' face when Lysander touched his knee. He wanted to push the boy's hand away but he refrained and forced a small smile to his lips. "I'm glad you didn't die though."

Sitkanis was surprised to see Lysander react as he did. He had never seen him enraged. He was never one to try to mediate but he also did not need Talen to hate the two of them more. "It's fine Lysander. It is no one's fault. It was an accident." Sitkanis looked down at the boy, letting his auristics take over his vision. The boy was nervous in his words, it was written all over his aura with the colors of fear and guilt. "It's over now and you are safe. That is all that matters."
We'll dance in the moonlight
We'll rock till dawn
And if you can't dig it baby
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Words: 136709
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2010, 4:54 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets