[Kabrin Road] Me, Of Little Faith [Kendall]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Postby Victor Lark on October 2nd, 2011, 2:07 am

“But I never gave you reason to think I would hurt you,” he retorted, mumbling through a half-smile like a dizzy drunkard. “Many men have daggers; you cannot avoid each one for fear that they will put theirs in you.” A single finger gave a deft jab to Kendall’s gut, just beside the navel. With it, he stepped closer. Victor always had trouble seeing, but in those moments he was too weary to see even the most obvious of signs. It unnerved him and confused him. All he had were words: shallow, defensive words, full of the hostility which Victor brewed himself—and nothing more.

“You will not make any friends with that attitude,” he concluded, trying to push a smile into his tone where his lips could not manage it. “Though perhaps you are right: you may impress a god, and you may get a pretty mark in exchange for living like a suspicious coward.”

His unsteady feet moved him back then, carefully offering that bit of solace in an idle game with the other man’s sense of comfort. His eyebrows rose with mock submission while his hands folded behind his back, having felt his fingertips tingle with a presumably ephemeral numbness. He had not taken his plain grey eyes from the bright colors opposite him, where he searched those endless pools for their hidden treasure. Utterly fooled by the hasty lies, he finally looked down when he answered through a stiff jaw, “I do not have the answers. That is why I ask questions, you idiot.”

And then the inevitable happened: Victor’s eyes rolled upward and he staggered. His hands lost their grasp on each other, flung outward in a futile attempt to catch his balance. But the blackness overtook him long enough to send him crumpling to the hard dirt below. When his vision and faltering consciousness returned to him, there was a pain in his tailbone and shoulder. A shallow scrape dotted his dirty brow with blood. It stung when he touched it, rolling to his back and moaning pathetically. His head felt hot and sick, so he dropped his arm over his eyes. There he remained, on the ground, unseeing, and apparently having forgotten his company.
Victor Lark
How does that make you feel?

Words: 412831
Joined roleplay: April 8th, 2011, 8:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Emblem on March 19th, 2012, 9:28 pm

Congratulations!
You Get Glorious Experience!

Victor
Skills
    Rhetoric- 5 XP
    Intimidation- 5 XP
    Philosophy- 3 XP
    Seduction- 2 XP
    Meditation- 2 XP
Lores
    Asking Questions
    Kendall Saarinen- Partial
    Caiyha- Partial
    Gods and Marks

Kendall
Skills
    Rhetoric- 5 XP
    Philosophy- 5 XP
    Persuasion- 4 XP
    Intimidation- 3 XP
Lores
    Gods and Marks
    Caiyha- Partial
    Victor Lark- Partial
    Heckling From A Stranger

Comments :
Good work you two! Hopefully everything makes sense to you, and if not, shoot me a PM!
Currently working at new job so I am still trying to balance it out with Miza. I apologize for any delays.
Emblem
Retired Staff

Words: 50846
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 5:56 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous