[Flashback] A New (small) Friend

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Elisse on June 14th, 2011, 2:51 pm

26th Winter, 510AV

There was a definite winter chill hanging in the morning air. A young woman perched on a bench in one of the park-like spaces around the University was wearing a thick velvet cloak, the hood up. She was a scholar, in her final year of study at the prestigious University.

In her hands was a book detailing some of the finer points of reimancy. While she was not yet able to use some of the trickier aspects of the art, she would often read about them. The girl was determined to soon find her second element, and she knew that the more she knew, the better prepared she was.

She closed the book and set it down on her lap before examining her surroundings. At this time of the year, she knew that most of Syliras and it's surrounding region would be covered with frost. Right now, the only sign of winter in Zeltiva was a distant glimpse of snow-covered mountains. She sighed and rubbed her hands together for warmth. It didn't have to snow to be cold.
Elisse
Fire Burns

Words: 23711
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2011, 3:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Herb on June 14th, 2011, 3:07 pm

Going about his daily business, young Herb was wondering about the streets of Zeltiva with only a cloak wrapped around him, using his walking staff to make sure the ground he was about to step on was solid, an all to often problem for the young Pycon was not finding solid footing or ending up face first in a dirty puddle as he tripped over a small hole in the road.

After all he was only one year old, and had been with his adopted mother figure for only the last sixth months, so being out in the big wide world still scared him a little bit, all the vast giants towering over him, not even paying the blindest bit of attention to this one foot tall statue trying to make his way round the market stalls and shops.

After a few minutes of being pushed around and kicked out of the way by passers by, he decided enough was enough, looking around briefly he spotted a small park like area with bench's scattered around, all bar one of the bench's were full, so me made a quick dash forward attempting to dodge in and out of people all to often failing and stumbling over a foot or leg, curse's erupted from the mouth's of the person almost tripped over.

Finally making it to the bench, he looked up and saw a young giant probably a human wrapped up in a very expensive looking cloak reading a book.

' Hello there, I don't suppose there's room on this bench for me is there?...I've completely had enough of being kicked around for abit.'

Before really waiting for too much of a responce, he propped his staff up by the bench and unslung his small, which by Human standards would be classed as tiny, from his shoulders and laid it down, then waiting for his reply before helping himself to the seat.

' Herb talks like this '

And apologies if I mix up my Tense's and Grammer, I've never been very good
Herb
Medical stone

Words: 27337
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2011, 8:24 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Elisse on June 14th, 2011, 3:24 pm

Elisse was staring into space, when a voice drew her back from her thoughts. She blinked and looked round, a small frown appearing on her brow as she saw nobody nearby. Slightly confused, she glanced down and spotted a small statue near her feet. She registered the staff, cloak and tiny bag. Add to that the fact that it had seemingly appeared out of nowhere, Elisse smiled as she realized it was a Pycon.

She leant forwards, leaning her arms on her knees so that she could see it better.
"Of course there's room. Do you need a hand?" If the Pycon accepted her offer of help, she would aid him onto the bench, before collecting his possessions and setting them next to him. If he declined, then she would simply watch and wait.

Once he was comfortably seated, Elisse smiled at the small stone humanoid again. "I can imagine it's gets tiresome trying to avoid being kicked around?" It was a question and an opinion rolled into one. "My name is Elisse, by the way."
Elisse
Fire Burns

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Herb on June 14th, 2011, 4:07 pm

' Oh it is when no one thinks to watch their feet. ' A grin appearing over his smooth rec-tangled head. and no thank you for the help, I'm sure I can climb on up. ' He replied as he attempted to climb onto the bench which as it seemed, was almost as high as he was tall.

' I'm Herb by the way, that must have been an interesting book, you almost seemed off in some fantasy land, or you sleep in a very strange manner and place.' A strange frown, or what would appear like a frown to any other race, but for this little Pycon was more of a scrunched face.

Rummaging through his bag, he made a brief mental note that everything was still in it's proper place, and relaxed and watched the world around him, almost looking at each plant and tree, and trying recall each name. Pointing to a big bush he looked at it and almost a constipated look as he thought long and hard over the name that had quite clearly escaped his tiny little head.

' Herb talks like this '

Herb
Medical stone

Character sheet

Postby Elisse on June 14th, 2011, 5:21 pm

Elisse nodded at the little Pycon, making a mental note to check the ground whenever she remembered. She would hate to accidentally kick a Pycon, and now that she was aware of their plight, she would try her best to be careful. She watched as he clambered up onto the bench, hauling his belongings with him.

"It's nice to meet you Herb." She thought that it was a curious name, and she wondered for a moment where he had adopted it from. The little she knew of Pycons told her that they chose their own names, so perhaps his was a clue as to a hobby? "My book is very interesting, to me at least." She smiled again, and considered informing the tiny humanoid as to it's contents, but changed her mind as the Pycon suddenly pointed to a bush. His features seemed to scrunch up, and it alarmed her slightly.
"Are you alright?"
Elisse
Fire Burns

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Herb on June 14th, 2011, 5:37 pm

' Oh yes, i'm fine thank you. I just can't remember what that bush was called. Keeping going through the bush's and tree's, mumbling underneath his breath.

Every so often, his eyes flitted back to the young lady beside him, then back down to the book. Once he'd named all the one's he could remember, went over what each plant would be used for, almost forgetting his social skills getting lost into his own little plant filled world.

' So what was in the book? I've only ever seen them with picture's of plants inside.... doe's you'res have plant picture's in it also? ' A smile erupted over his small little face.

' Herb talks like this '

Herb
Medical stone

Character sheet

Postby Elisse on June 14th, 2011, 11:22 pm

Elisse blinked at the Pycon. It was a curious little humanoid, that was for sure. She glanced over at the bush in question. "It looks a little like a blueberry bush to me..." She gave an offhand shrug. She didn't know a whole lot about plants, but oh did she love blueberries.
Her mind wandered back to the Pycon's name. Herb. It seemed her initial thoughts had been correct. If he was so concerned with naming a single bush in a park, then plants must play an important role in the stone humanoids life.

Her attention once again turned back to Herb beside her. She shook her head. "No. I'm afraid there are no pictures of plants at all." She showed him the cover. It was a deep red leather and was plain aside from a few words stamped in gold. Advanced Reimancy Techniques Elisse gave the Pycon a small smile. "I'm studying for my class at the University." She set the book back on her lap. "I take it plants are important to you then?"
Elisse
Fire Burns

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Herb on June 15th, 2011, 10:51 am

Herb looks at you blankly ' Blueberry.....blueberry....thanking you. ' Looking back at the book, he looks it up and down then a curious look flashes over his face, almost mouthing the words trying to rend some meaning out of them.

' What's a University? and whats a study? ' Still mouthing the words over and over, then looking at you he shrugs as if still entirely clueless as to it's meaning. ' Oh yes!! I likes plants, my friend who found me is teaching me all about them....herbalism and.....medicine I think it was called. ' He said scratchng his head thinking hard to make sure it was correct.

OOCSorry it's such a short post

' Herb talks like this '

Herb
Medical stone

Character sheet

Postby Elisse on June 16th, 2011, 10:30 am

Elisse smiled, flicked her eyes back to the blueberry plant and then back the Pycon on the seat next to her.
"A University... it's where you go to learn things. And study is just what I call learning." She hadn't realized the Pycon was still young; it was hard to tell when he had been made of stone.

She nodded. "Oh, yes that sounds right. I don't know anything about either of those things. But there are a lot of people at the Universtiy who do." She paused. "Do you want to help to heal people then?"

OOCIt's fine, sorry mine is too!
Elisse
Fire Burns

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Herb on June 16th, 2011, 12:13 pm

' Oh yes, my friend says that helping people is a good thing to do..never be out of work, as there be lots of people out there who need it. '

He looked around again, reciting the plants in his head. ' So what is this riemancy thing? Doesn't sound overly ... helpful. But I suppose until I know what it actually is it could be anything. ' Feeling quite happy that he'd found something new he didn't know anything about, this magic type thing might even come in handy.

Staying sitting on the bench, he motioned to have a more serious look at the book, hoping to give it a little read, see what sort of learning is required for this magic.

' Herb talks like this '

Herb
Medical stone

Character sheet

Next