Armor question: Greaves.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Bjorn Grimdark on June 15th, 2011, 9:40 am

From what i understand, there are several different styles of the greave. What i'd like to know is how far the mizahar greaves protect. Does it go only up to the shin, or does it extend to the thigh as well? If it goes to the thigh, would one need to buy protection for the joint or would that be included? Is the mizahar greave only front sided, or does it protect the back of the leg as well? Would it be compatible with shoes or boots, or does it also cover the foot instead of starting/ending at the ankle?

Or, does it even really matter? if anyone with more experience on the site could give a guess for me, i'd be grateful.
Blessed Is The Man Who Resist Temptation, Though Rewarded Is The Man Who Gives In.
Bjorn Grimdark
The Grimdark Guy

Words: 7026
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Siiri on June 15th, 2011, 10:00 am

Hello.

I believe greaves only protect the shin. Cuisses, on the other hand, protect the front of the thigh. Of course, should I be incorrect in my descriptions, I would defer this to Gillar, who made the price list.
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Bjorn Grimdark on June 15th, 2011, 10:06 am

Thank you kindly, maybe i'll pm him in a little bit if no one else gives an opinion.
Blessed Is The Man Who Resist Temptation, Though Rewarded Is The Man Who Gives In.
Bjorn Grimdark
The Grimdark Guy

Words: 7026
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nil'kayn on June 15th, 2011, 12:19 pm

I belive Siiri is right in this.

~Nilkayn
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Note: Unless stated otherwise, Nilkayn is speaking in common, except for his thoughts.
Disclaimer: All the images I use ARE NOT MINE, and I do not claim ownership of them. Thank you to the artists, photographers, or models who created them.
Nil'kayn
Someone...

Words: 60524
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2011, 10:28 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet