It was a strange time in my life (Amaya, open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

It was a strange time in my life (Amaya, open)

Postby Trista on January 12th, 2010, 12:52 am

Late winter, 509 AV

Trista was still having trouble believing that her sightseeing trip to Riverfall had ended up with her acquiring her own personal Kelvic, but, given that Amaya was right next to her, that did seem to be the case.

Actually, the whole Kelvic-acquisition thing had happened before she even got into Riverfall proper. It seemed like a waste to come all this way and not see the inside of the city, and so Trista and her new companion had made their way through the gates to take a look around.

Although cold did not trouble the Akvatari -- she was still wearing only the single leather band around her torso, and could handle temperatures much lower than this before suffering discomfort -- she could still tell that this was a place where the winter weather was harsh indeed.

She looked over at Amaya. "Any suggestions for where to go? If not, I suppose we'll just wander around for a while and see where we end up."
Trista
I can see for miles and miles and miles...

Words: 101570
Joined roleplay: August 17th, 2009, 1:08 am
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)

Re: It was a strange time in my life (Amaya, open)

Postby Amaya on January 12th, 2010, 2:48 pm

Amaya thought for a moment and then said, "The only place I've really been to here is Godiva's, but it's just a refuge for women, so not very interesting. Although, if you'd like to, I can introduce you to some of the women I've met there."
Amaya
Player

Words: 2717
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2009, 6:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic

Postby Trista on January 27th, 2010, 4:11 pm

Trista thought about that for a moment, hovering in the air beside Amaya. "All right then. Why don't we go ahead and do that. I'm more than happy to meet anyone you'd like me to meet."

She was aware of how odd it must sound for her to be quite so deferential to someone whose entire life she ostensibly controlled. Nonetheless, Trista was developing a theory that perhaps a Kelvic would be more likely to enjoy her existence if Trista was nice to her, and she was willing to work with that. Besides, she'd heard stories about wolf Kelvic too, and realized that she needed to set a good example in terms of behaving nicely in society.

The Akvatari tilted her head. "Which way is it? I'll let you lead me there."
Trista

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Amaya on February 25th, 2010, 12:53 am

(sorry i've been go so long, school project due today, had to work on it. we should also try and recruit other people who KNOW the city to come and join us. I have a paper due in two weeks so don't expect much out of my end till then.)

Amaya smiled and began to lead the way into the city. She noticed how similar Trista was to her father's close friend, Yuuma, a vantha who was traveling the world. She didn't ponder too much about it and didn't mention it to Trista for not wanting to bring up her father.
Amaya
Player

Words: 2717
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2009, 6:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic

Postby Zefiel on February 28th, 2010, 2:41 am

Ntir was the first to see them and point them out to him. The Akalak grinned as he saw them and nodded, before stepping out behind them. He wasn't the stealthiest Akalak in the world, but he could sneak up on someone who wasn't paying attention. Which was right about now, as these two seemed to be occupied with finding Godiva's, and weren't paying attention to much else. Perhaps he would help them, for a small cost... Turning slightly to look at Ntir, he jerked his head for the dog to join him.
Zefiel
Hugh Zefner

Words: 6384
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2010, 3:45 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Trista on March 1st, 2010, 2:03 am

Trista started to follow her newfound charge, but had an odd feeling that she was being watched. She turned her head sharply, but, although there were plenty of Akalak around, none of them immediately drew her suspicion. Paranoid, that's what she was getting to be. But then again, swimming down bottomless wells and hanging out with Sondra would do that to a person.

She looked back at Amaya. "You know, I really should ask you more about yourself. If you're going to be following me, I should know -- what do you like? or not like? That sort of thing. Not," she added hastily, "that I think you wouldn't do whatever I asked, but I'd still like to know."

Again, Trista couldn't help glancing around. True, she didn't know anyone in Riverfall -- apart from Amaya anyway -- but this was true in most places that she went. This was about the part of this train of thought where Trista would begin a long philosophical discursion about whether or not anyone truly knew anyone else, even one's most intimate acquaintances, but she doubted that the Kelvic was much for philosophy, and she was familiar enough with her own arguments that she didn't feel the need to repeat them to herself.

"How far up the road is Godiva's?" she asked. She didn't have a feel yet for how big Riverfall was, though she was sure it wasn't as large as Syliras or Zeltiva.
Trista

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets