[The Golden Dragon] Dilapidated Dreams [Ever][CLOSED]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Golden Dragon] Dilapidated Dreams [Ever][CLOSED]

Postby Drask on June 23rd, 2011, 5:10 am

4th of Summer, 511 AV - Night

Drask studied the room key with intense curiosity, studying the many jigs and jags of the metal. He explored the many nooks and crannys with his finger, feeling the gracious amount of uneven surfaces. He found such simple contraptions to be quite interesting, mainly because he had never seen them before, and partly because he had the mind of a teenage pup. It constantly got him into trouble when he was younger, whether it be trying to climb on the roof of the barn or sneaking into his father's workshop. Drask knew that this was a common trait for Kelvics (at least wolven ones), but never really tried to overcome it and just considered it to be natural for him.

His mind completely occupied by his stray thoughts, he passed his room and only realized he had done so when he nearly ran face-first into the wall at the end of the corridor. The sudden materialization of a brick wall caused Drask to leap backwards. Panicked, he spun around to see if anyone had seen his blunder, feeling relieved as he discovered the corridor to be empty. This time he managed to reach his room without making any further mistakes, wringling the key into the lock until it gave a soft *click* and the door opened inwards. Drask was immediately greeted by the smell of cooked food, the scent overwhelming his senses to the point that he was unaware of the drop of drool that had fallen from his lips. Dazedly, he walked into the rather luxurious room with all his attention focused on the steak dinner sitting quietly on the bedside table. It wasn't until he had completely devoured his meal that he became aware of where he was. He spotted several interesting objects in his room. One of them was a bottle of wine accompanied by two glasses, obviously meant to be consumed by more than one person. The other was a small pipe with a strange, ash-like powder inside of it with a number of matches sitting beside it. Curiously, he picked up the pipe and studied it's contents. With a small shrug he put the pipe to his lips and attempted to strike one of the matches, only succeeding after his third try. Unfortunately, because of his inexperience he took in a larger-than-necessary puff of Dream Smoke and let out a loud, coarse cough. His second try went better, but not by much.
Last edited by Drask on July 22nd, 2011, 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Now a Rainbow's tale isn't quite as nice
As the story we knew of sugar and spice
But a Rainbow's easy once you get to know it
With the help of the magic of a Pegasus device.
Drask
Stray Animal

Words: 37564
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

[The Golden Dragon] Dilapidated Dreams [Ever]

Postby Ever on June 23rd, 2011, 5:50 am

Today had been an exceptionally long day for Ever, but the thought of just one more client to go kept the sway in her step. Tyras had personally requested that she dealt with this client, and had already set up the meal and the 'mood objects.' The walk was short for Ever, which was a good thing since she wanted to do everything quickly so she could get out of here and back to her shabby little apartment, but when she opened the door, the polite knock first slipping her mind, she couldn't help but watch what was going on in the room.

There stood a boy, almost a man, but not quite, with hints of steak juice on his face trying to smoke out of a pipe. By the labored coughs though, Ever couldn't help but think he had never smoked before. She smiled at the site. He was cute enough by appearance alone, but his actions of innocence were doubling that. He was obviously really engrossed with what he was doing, so much so that he had yet to notice her.

She shut her eyes, bringing herself back to reality. She really was in a hurry, so now seemed like a good time to interrupt him. Lifting up her hand, she let her body lean against the door frame, head tilted a bit, and let her long red her flow down the front of her shoulders so they would brush the soft skin of her chest, before knocking on the wooden frame, just loud enough for him to hear. "Room service," She added in after the knock. Silently she waited for a reaction.
Last edited by Ever on April 11th, 2014, 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ever
Anything To Survive

Words: 27630
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2011, 8:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Drask on June 23rd, 2011, 6:16 am

Alerted by the sudden sound, he snapped his head upwards towards his intruder. He blinked in surprise and let his eyes study the woman who stood in the doorway, his mind clawing for some sort of plausible explanation. Slowly but surely he remembered the request he had made only minutes before. A shy smile spread across his lips. "Hello... You are company for tonight, yes?" his thick accent, coupled with his poor common, made it a tad difficult to understand him, which forced him to talk more slowly than usual.

He slid off the bed and landed with a satisfying thud, wiping his face of any leftovers from his meal. "Sorry, I was not knowing that you would be here so soon. I am Drask. Drask Amberhold. And you being?" He moved towards the wine bottle quickly, somewhat gracefully pouring the drink into the two glasses. Drask was not new to alcohol, and any night at a pub would prove that. It was something he was neither ashamed of, or proud of. Of course, he knew his limits. He was not going to reenact the events of his 2nd birthday. Pushing these thoughts aside he presented one of the glasses to Ever, his smile widening.
Drask
Stray Animal

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Ever on June 23rd, 2011, 6:32 am

Ever had to give it to him, his outward appearance changed almost drastically from cute to rugged. She smiled back at him, "Yes, sir. Your company is mine to keep." She very much liked his accent. It was different than what she heard on a day to day basis. "My name is Ever," She replied to his question, walking into the room, making sure to shut the door behind her. She stopped a few steps before him, watching him pour the wine, but she gently shook her head when she was offered a glass. "I don't drink."

'And for good reasons,' she thought to herself.

"Thank you though." She sat down, making herself more comfortable. "So what brings you to the Dragon, Drask," She spoke softly, smoothly, letting his name roll off of her tongue in a seductive manner. She crossed her legs, and rested back on her arms. It sounded like she was going to be here all night from what this man has already told her.

'For tonight, huh? I guess my shabby appartment can wait a little longer.' She thought to herself, watching the man with sparkling blue eyes, that seemed to gleam brighter in this candle lit room.
Ever
Anything To Survive

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Drask on June 23rd, 2011, 6:49 am

Drask shrugged as his guest refused the glass, placing it down on a nearby table. He took a small sip of his own before turning back towards Ever. "It is very nice to be meeting you, Ever." He replied, sliding into a nearby chair across from her. Her use of his name sounded slightly odd to Drask, and his smile flickered faintly when she questioned him, and his answer came out a little to quickly. "Traveling.". He had told himself this lie so many times that he began to believe it himself. He did not enjoy deceiving someone as... gifted, but it was better that she remained unaware of his true purpose. "Thought it'd be good to see world. I heard good things about this..." He frowned and searched his mind for the right word, waving his hand as he did so. "...establishment. So I decided to come here. How about you?" His attempt to divert the conversation would not likely go unnoticed. He was never really good at those sort of things.
Drask
Stray Animal

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Ever on June 23rd, 2011, 10:52 pm

He was hiding something, Ever could tell by the way he spoke, but it was not her place to pry in the buisinesses of others. She watched him with intent blue eyes as he spoke, and answered his question softly with a kind smile, "Trying to get by. Money comes easy here, and when I have enough, maybe I'll see you on the road one day. I don't plan to stay here forever, after all." She glanced down at the pipe, which the boy had been smoking earlier.

It had gotten quiet after a moment, but Ever wasn't going to let that continue and broke the silence by adding to her earlier words, "I just recently started working here, and I'm still new to all of this." She smiled as she sat back in thought, "It can get a bit nerve racking at times." She let her head lean in Drask's direction, "You know?"
Ever
Anything To Survive

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Drask on June 24th, 2011, 12:30 am

Drask nodded slowly Soon the effects of the Dream Smoke came into effect, Drask's body sliding deeper into his chair as his muscles began to give way. He did not feel alarmed by this sudden change, since he had already experienced it when he first entered the Golden Dragon, but it did take him by surprise. His mind began to wander freely, and it took quite a bit of effort for him to remained focused on the situation at hand. In response to this he took a large swig of his glass, the burn of the alcohol bringing him back into reality. "Fully. Very fully" he responded, his eyes locking with hers. The reflection of the light in her irises hypnotized Drask to the point where he no longer blinked his eyes until her own eyelids flickered, and he hastily diverted his gaze to a decal hanging above the hearth.

" So... Ever. Where is it that you come from?" He asked in an attempt to advance the conversation. He realized that it could eventual bridge into his own past, but he would be willing to sacrifice his privacy to make the woman's night a little more enjoyable with pleasant talk. It was apparent to him that she was weary from her day at work, his own inexperience causing him to not include the more "personal" tasks the woman here performed, and he thought it polite to make it a little more bearable.
Drask
Stray Animal

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Ever on June 24th, 2011, 9:02 pm

Ever gazed at the ceiling thinking back. It had been so long ago. But what exactly did he mean? Was he speaking of her birth place or where she had just ventured from? She glanced up at the small glass shandelliere in the center of the ceiling, watching it sway slightly. "What do you mean exacly? Where is it that I come from? My birthplace or my last traveled area?" She paused for a moment, not waiting for an answer, and answered both of her own questions. "I was born in the Suvan Sea, but I have lived in Syliras most of my life. The part of it that I can remember anyway. Ever since I was a little girl."

She shifted her position a bit, feeling a bit uncomfortable in her current one. "And may I ask where is it that you come from?" Again she paused, "Though, you don't have to answer that. It is not my place to ask."
Ever
Anything To Survive

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Drask on June 24th, 2011, 10:46 pm

The Suvan Sea... Drask angled his eyebrows downwards. How was it possible for it to be born in a sea? Maybe it was on a boat, or an island, or maybe she was part fish. He pondered all these possible explanations and settled on the 1st one, since it made much more sense. What interested him most though was how she said "The part of it that I can remember anyway". It immediately made him think of his brother, and his memory loss. It was something he was not fond of remembering, seeing as how close he and his brother were, or had been for that matter.

When it became his turn to answer, he smiled softly at her. "No, no. It is alright. I come from small village near Desperation Bay and the Glacier Cap. I lived there for about one year before I-" He hesitated before continuing. "Moved further South into Karjin where I worked on ranch with humans. I was pet, so to speak, but I also did work tending to animals. Then, once I had money I traveled here to Syliras to 'start new life' as they are saying" He finished his glass and poured himself another, his movements a little wobbly as he did so. He was growing a little lightheaded as the alcohol and Dream Smoke began to take effect.
Last edited by Drask on June 25th, 2011, 5:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Drask
Stray Animal

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Ever on June 25th, 2011, 1:39 am

Ever watched Drask's facial expression change after she had spoke. Confusion? Oh well, if he did not ask, no need to answer. Listening intently to his story of where he has resided, she noticed how he began to pale. Whether it was the wine or the smoke, or maybe both, she would never know. She smiled a it, shaking her head.

He was starting a new life, huh? Ever could definitely go for that, but where she was currently at in life tore out that option. She studied the details of the man's face, how his muscles moved as he spoke, and the way his eyes seemed to glint yellow. She had never seen eyes like this before. It was definitely odd. When he had finished speaking, she took the time to compliment him, "You have very beautiful eyes."
Ever
Anything To Survive

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next