[Guest Moderating] Speechless (Vala)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Nex Paciscor on July 21st, 2011, 11:27 pm

His eyes widened as he saw her run off, and he scratched his head in confusion. The girl must be daft, but should he really be surprised, she slept in the library after all. He sighed and walked the way she had run off too, not pausing to look between any of the shelves or make any real effort to find her. If she wanted to remain hidden that was her choice after all, and who was he to try and deprive her of that.

With the math book in hand he walked up to the unattended front counter and leaned against it with a almost bored expression. " You going to keep hiding miss, or you going to do your job and help me sign out this book " he said in a loud voice, not really caring if it carried over to her ears or not. It was too early in the morning for games, and he wasn't much of one for it.

Lifting himself up easily on top of the counter, relaxed and waited for any sign of the young red head. He had all day to wait, did she?
Nex Paciscor
Player

Words: 159798
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 6:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vala on July 24th, 2011, 12:13 am

The reception desk wasn't too far from the storage room. Vala could hear him loud and clear, even over her heaving breaths. Vala groaned in annoyance. It wasn't even her shift… unless she over slept that much. She didn't, but did she want to take the risk? Vala groaned again.

She was tired from her freak out run; her leg muscles ached, her calf muscle still occasionally spasming.

It was too early in the morning; she didn't have the strength to maintain control. It didn't take long for Vala to relinquish her power as she withdrew into the safety of her mental sanctuary.

The frail body pushed itself first to a sitting position, then all the way to a somewhat wobbly standing stance. It took a few seconds for her to get into a graceful gait. She basically slid into the chair behind the reception desk. She waited until she was properly seated, even adjusting her byrda and hair, before finally making eye contact. "I'm sorry for the wait sir," Vala wondered where the person on shift was - the Enclave was basically empty, so they might have been assigned somewhere else at the moment - either way, it was Vala's duty to help Enclave patrons whenever she could, even off duty. "How many I help you today, sir?" Vala's eyes were blissfully blank, reflecting nothing but inhuman. civility. Her voice was just as cool and collected as her eyes. The shell was merely doing its duty; it had no logical reason to appear any nicer than it did, to do so would be a waste of energy: resource management was one of its top priorities, coming right after situational manipulation.

It was like her early morning reaction never happened.

OOC Note :
just wondering but do we have a direction we're aiming for, or are we just totally winging it (which I'm so cool with)
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Words: 439124
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2011, 7:22 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Postby Nex Paciscor on July 26th, 2011, 1:06 am

His lower jaw dropped slightly, his mouth agape the woman’s audacity. She was either incredibly bold, or a complete fool, and he couldn't decide which group she fell into at the moment. Still despite her behavior, he managed to swallow his retort, and place down the large volume on the desk before her. " I'd like to borrow this for my father, and the book beside it is the one I wish to return " he said rather coolly, his locks of hair falling over his eyes, and hiding the coldness that had taken root there.

If she was to be frosty, she would find that he could be just as icy, though doubtless the insane girl even knew much of what was going on. The door to the library drifted open behind him, and a woman carrying a large sheaf of papers bustled in, her heavy breathing quickly filling up the silence that had settled on the place. She gave Vala a ridiculous look before settling down into a chair, and plopping all the notes on the desk, quickly cluttering up her side, and eliminating the vast useful space.

" Vala? What are you still doing here? " she queried, her eyes darting from the young girl to the Endal, and mistaking what was going on between the two. " Duhh.. Umm.. Do you require privacy? "
Nex Paciscor
Player

Words: 159798
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 6:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vala on July 27th, 2011, 5:15 am

Vala said nothing: Work always comes first. She scanned the open log book. Rooke’s entry was the last entry. Taking a nearby quill, Vala initialed the last column to authorize that the book was returned properly, in good condition. She grabbed the book of the counter and set it on the returned books cart behind her. She returned, still stoic, and began to log the new book to be checked out. She logged the title: “Elements of Mathematics”; the author: ‘some old, dead coot’; the condition: good; and the serial number. She looked up at Rooke. This was usually the time the librarian would ask the patron their name. Vala stared blankly, her face immobile. She looked back down and penned the characters Kirna had written the night before; now she knew his name. It took longer, she didn’t care that she was only exacerbating the already pregnant silence, but Vala made sure to transcribe the records in the most pretentious calligraphic font she could remember. The heavy set lines and excessive flourishes barely fit the lines. Vala’s hand was steady, steadier than usual; everything she did now was with motive, malicious as it was.

Once she was done, and only when she was absolutely sure, checking her work several times, did Vala acknowledge the other librarian. Vala knew her; there were not many of her vocation. She smiled, flat. The lady was notorious for keeping a messy work space; Vala prized pristine order above compassion. “I just happened to be around and this patron needed my assistance; I hope you don’t mind.” Just because she didn’t like the woman, didn’t mean she was going to burn bridges indiscriminately; she did work with the twit on occasion. Vala turned back to him. “Is there anything else I can help you with, Rooke?” Vala ignored the ‘privacy’ comment. She would get revenge later – it was too public now. Her grin widened, but by no means softened. Her half lidded eyes seemed to dare him with their swirls of heady blue beneath the shadow of her lashes. “Sir?”
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Words: 439124
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2011, 7:22 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)