Silvy's Scrapbook

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Silvy's Scrapbook

Postby Silvy on July 11th, 2011, 5:02 pm

Thank you. It's a blast Faroul! How big? 3 feet by 2 feet!!

I thought it would be a fun and terrific challenge to make a winter landscape of it in this 90 degree heat! The midline is started at the 3/4 mark so I can add an amazing foreground. I had fun with making a few fence posts in the stipple pic, so I want to do that here and maybe throw in a sparrow or magpie for point of interest. I'm playing with perspective and shadow in this one.

Whenever I scold them, their puppy eyes look like I just crushed their little hearts! :o
OMG they give me what I call DA FAACE!!!

Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Words: 56673
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Silvy's Scrapbook

Postby Silvy on July 13th, 2011, 5:26 pm

Ok who put the crazies in the horses today?! :p

Gem has started closing the barn door every time I open it...

Jazzy and Lucy got out of their paddock by ways known only to them!

After a bout of colic 2 nights ago, Sweetie is eating her fat head off again!

Our old man Tex, has taken up licking the back of my head every time I turn my back on him!

Moony now has laminitis!

And finally, our best mannered horse in the stable, Cherokee, dropped a shoulder on me--twice! Doesn't he look so innocent?
Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Silvy's Scrapbook

Postby Gossamer on July 13th, 2011, 7:25 pm

Horses are funny creatures. I have a four year old half-friesan half arab mare that has decided to tear down fences randomly. She doesn't want out. She just wants fences down. Gillar is about at wits end. I think we finally need to hotwire the pasture. It's been a sense of pride for a long time now that I used to be able to keep my horses in with nothing more than say flagging tape. Now, not so much.

Lovely horses, btw. Don't you love rescues? They are soooo much fun with all their quirks and individual habits. I should note that even though mine weren't rescues per say, they had some rough times behind them and all these types of horses really really love hard and deeply and truly appreciate having food, grooming, clean conditions and TLC.

And the one thats dropping his shoulder? You should learn to shift gears and lead change on him the minute he thinks about doing it. If hes not really at that stage, just start working on his half-halts. That prankster needs to be a bit more busy brainwise and a whole lot less bored to think up pranks when hes under a rider.

I love reading your scrapbook too. You should post even more than you do.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Silvy's Scrapbook

Postby Silvy on July 13th, 2011, 9:51 pm

Aaaw thanks!

I adore them despite their crazy moments. <3
A friesan/arab? ooo she must be so lovely!! Do you have any pics of her? She sounds like my Gem--mischievous, naughty and so endearing! I adore rescues! For all their antics, they have their wonderful traits too! Sweetie is a piglet, but the moment she has a rider, she's a true sweetie to ride both english and western. Tex is a gentleman that always bends his head to take the bit. Moony adores resting his chin on my shoulder and just blowing *squidges* Lucy loves her ears stroked and won't eat until I stroke her ears for at least a minute. Jazzy like 'butt scritches' and just shoves her little 13 hand gleaming white pony butt into me until I scritch her butt! My naughty Gem loves to close any door I leave open, so now I leave doors open on purpose just so he can close them! Oh and Cherokee, while hating any flat work, is a firecracker made for jumping with a soaring pop from his tiny 13.2 self!
:rolleyes: Looks up--yikes--wow I can talk huh? I can't help it--I can talk animals every minute for the rest of my life!

Thanks for the changing leads tip for Cherokee. He's a tiny guy so he doesn't get ridden as much as he should. He's only about 12 years old and has plenty more years in him. As long as my weight stays 110 and under I can ride him, but otherwise, I have to lunge him which we both find drop dead boring!

I would love to see lots of cute pics of your beautiful horses!!

Lucy with bunny ears coz I (stupidly) thought it would help her with shying at fairies! Sorry about the pic quality but my boss has a sucky camera.

Lucy gathering her haunches to shy at something only she could see!
Last edited by Silvy on July 14th, 2011, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Silvy's Scrapbook

Postby Cayenne on July 13th, 2011, 9:56 pm

I. love. your. animals!
Cayenne
Jungle Queen

Words: 440090
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Silvy's Scrapbook

Postby Silvy on July 13th, 2011, 10:00 pm

:D Aaww thank you Cayenne! I adore them too! Do you have any animals?
Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Silvy's Scrapbook

Postby Silvy on July 24th, 2011, 2:44 am

Shame on me for neglecting my scrapbook! Allow me to share what's been going on in picture form:

exhausted from lots and of lots of exercise--Sable helped by napping with them.

found an old video of Sadie and Sable sharing stolen kisses! Yea and they keep saying the dogs I rescue are sooooooooo vicious! a few second vid of kitty kissing doggy. <3

My boss and her pittie, Piggy, RIP

My Muggle's littermate still doesn't have a home! :((
http://www.4theloveofdog.org/501Nutmeg.asp

About to have a great home!! I rescued him personally and I am so happy he's gonna have a family!! Sweet little Rachet! he's a gooboyyyy!
http://www.4theloveofdog.org/656Rachet.asp

Sable the adorable whenever I'm hurtin'

Lucy looking so beautiful eating her snack.

and the nose that booped me in the head this morning! Jazzy.
Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Silvy's Scrapbook

Postby Silvy on July 25th, 2011, 11:05 pm

The wonderful Seven not only has magic hugs that cure my hiccups, he gave me this piece of D'AAAAAWWW!

Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Silvy's Scrapbook

Postby Silvy on July 27th, 2011, 4:01 am

This was passed on to me and I'd like to share it:

If you’ve just rescued a life from the shelter or plan to (yay!), taking these words into serious consideration can make all the difference. See below!

“I find that many of us make a big mistake when we '...spring' a dog from a shelter....we, as humans, are all so excited! Whoopee! The dog is saved! It's outta there. Let's party! Well, I have news for you: dogs don't see it that way. That dog from the shelter just came from a noisy, lights-on-all-the-time, place that smelled of fear and death. In a word: SCARY.

Now, he/she is moving into another NEW, potentially (in his/her mind) scary situation. If there is one thing I have learned from my years with dogs and years in rescue is this: DOGS LOVE HABIT. They love to know that what they expect WILL come next, DOES come next. Therefore, go slow with your shelter dog...allow it some time to de-stress from the shelter smells of fear, death and excitement. Lots of loose leash walks, followed by some good food, some more loose leash walks and back to the safety of a crate, just hangin’, just chillin’.

Time to sleep it all off and get ready for a new life, new habits, new people. If you have a resident dog, and your foster is a dog-social dog and so is your foster, wonderful. Take walks together. But no need for the all-out party time yet. Allow them to sleep in crates next to each other, so they can absorb each others smell, so important to dogs, lost to man.

Be prepared for a first night of crying, whining and barking in the crate. The shelter pet may have never in its life seen a crate before. Be willing to pull out that old sleeping bag and put up for night next to your dog in his/her crate. It won't be that way forever, but for the first few nights, do what you can to make your dog feel safe...it's the best part of loving that dog.

Because, in the end, the way you act with your shelter pet will determine the whole of your future relationship. GO SLOW. This is NOT the time for a party, jumping on furniture, or running to Petsmart for every toy in there! The most valuable thing you can give your shelter pet is this: YOUR TIME. It is priceless...you cannot buy it in any store.”
Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Silvy's Scrapbook

Postby Renaria on August 3rd, 2011, 12:58 pm

I love your pets! LIke so much <3 I want to steal them all!
Makes me miss my old horsie. I demand more pics! :P

And I totally agree with your rescue post. People really don't seem to understand that they animals they rescue have a history, and it's not always a nice one. They just want to love and fuss their new family-member, and while I totally understand that, it's just not always the best thing to do. These things take time.

I mean, when we rescued my cat, he spent the entire night wailing, just like you mentioned the dog might do. And he was terrified of my dad - he would visibly flinch when my dad went anywhere near him. We guessed he had a history of abuse, most likely from a man, since he was the same with my grandad and my guy friends.

It's completely different from rescuing dogs, but I guess the same message stands. Go slow, be gentle and have heaps of patience (:
Renaria
Snow Walker

Words: 55485
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2011, 8:34 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Donor (1)

PreviousNext