Silvy's Scrapbook

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Silvy's Scrapbook

Postby Silvy on June 29th, 2011, 11:01 pm

I love how cool animals can be with no apparent effort! The poses, eyes, coat, lighting or stance just makes that picture amazing. I'll post a few here and there, of my own (much loved) animals and other pics I've gotten from friends and such.

One of the horses I'm lucky to share my life with, Moony, the Percheron cross:

Momma Redhawk just this spring:

Momma Redhawk's baby boy, Rebel:

Ok this isn't a totally rawkin pic, but I love to show off my dogs, Muggle the redhead (like me) and Sadie the brindle beauty.

Feel free to put up your own rawkin pic of what you think looks so cool it MUST be shared!
Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Words: 56673
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Silvy's Scrapbook

Postby Silvy on July 2nd, 2011, 10:43 pm

My beautiful staffordshire terrier mix, Sadie.

Stippled farm in pen and ink.

The very first dragon I ever drew.

I didn't draw the face very well, but the gown is ok.

A simple tea kettle.

Hovering dragon in color.

Cuz a scrapbook should have pictures!
Last edited by Silvy on July 2nd, 2011, 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Silvy's Scrapbook

Postby Renaria on July 2nd, 2011, 10:46 pm

Loving the dragons Silvy!
You have some skills <3
Renaria
Snow Walker

Words: 55485
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2011, 8:34 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Silvy's Scrapbook

Postby Silvy on July 2nd, 2011, 10:58 pm

Thank you miss Amazing Photographer!
Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Silvy's Scrapbook

Postby Silvy on July 2nd, 2011, 11:33 pm

Yea. I like dragons; a bit. :p
Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Silvy's Scrapbook

Postby Faroul on July 3rd, 2011, 4:48 am

That farm picture is stippled? The entire thing is made of tiny dots? Mind-blowing. Looks great!

Those dragons are sweet, too. I especially like the last one. What medium did you use? (Since it looks like you took a photo of a big canvas.)
Faroul
Condemned

Words: 52454
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 10:55 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Silvy's Scrapbook

Postby Silvy on July 3rd, 2011, 4:35 pm

Aww thank you Faroul!

I recently discovered the joy of pen and ink so I've started stippling and cross hatching everything in sight! Yes that's teeny little dots and scratches done entirely in pen and ink. The tree is also in stipple form.

For the silver dragon painting, I used metallic acrylics mixed with a gloss varnish medium to make it more vibrant. It was a request from a friend who's online name was 'dragon.' It was an 18 x 22 canvas so I couldn't just throw it on the scanner, lol!

I just did an elven/asian figure in stipple. I'm mad because the neck is too long! Above the neck and below the neck looks alright, but if only I hadn't mucked up the neck it would've been my first half-decent looking person! I suppose I could adjust it in paintshop?

Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Silvy's Scrapbook

Postby Silvy on July 4th, 2011, 8:30 pm

A subtle pic of a 'queen bee.' :rolleyes:

:disgust:
My sciatica started up again last night and into today. ouch. And then...

How do I explain without making it seem like a flame? I'm not part of someone's clique OOC, so IC, I am to make my PC just be a brief visitor only. Clear? This was all in pm's.
Don't get me wrong here--Cheshire and Aspen are great and I have no problems with them and vice versa.

I'm still painfully noob on this forum but I thought that I was supposed to stay in a city for at least a season. :?: I can't stay, but I can't go either. :'(

I guess Silvy could try another place but I'm not sure if I'll run into the same thing in a different city. It's been a long time since I was in high school, so I'm not in anyone's clique. I don't think I could even if I tried.

Delete my shiny new Silvy and make anther PC far far far away from avanthal? or sit in limbo until the season ends, not welcome to post even in an open thread?
Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Silvy's Scrapbook

Postby Aspen on July 5th, 2011, 4:59 pm

Silvy, please, please do not delete your lovely wolfie.
There are always solutions to these things, trust me.
I'm not in charge of the forum by any means though, so I shall let Chesh advise you on what to do.
I just wanted to let you know that I've heard you, and in the mean time, Ren will be more than happy to fawn over your lil' wolf <3
Lhavit Lore | Lhavit Forums | The Shinya | Zintila

"The stars are the jewels of the night,
and perchance surpass anything which
day has to show."
- Henry David Thoreau
Aspen
Your Local Tree

Words: 89936
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 10:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Silvy's Scrapbook

Postby Silvy on July 5th, 2011, 6:04 pm

Aww Aspen you're going to make me cry! :((

I gave in and went to the doctor in the wee hours of the morning to get an undignified shot in the behind for my sciatica. I've had 3 hours sleep so I'm running on coffee and Miza friendship! Thank the gods I get Mondays and Tuesdays off!

I went on chat last night and within 5 minutes, 8 people extended a huge welcome to me to try Sunberth and added me INSTANTLY in msn and we got posting and threading and chatting asap!

It's heartbreaking to leave the city where we(re: Renaria) met, but after the slap in the face rejection from a long established player, I just don't think it's wise for me to be anywhere near Avanthal.

I've decided to keep on with my lil Silvy because I'm attached to her quirkiness. Not to mention, after last night's overwhelmingly friendly acceptance from Sunberth, I can't -not- play Silvy now, hehe!

So all in all, I'm exhausted but so very flattered that almost a dozen people just jumped up to welcome me and that you and Cheshire have been such amazingly sweet people!

Thanks luv, you've been a rock!! *tackles, hugs and noms*

Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Next