{Garden of No Return} Teetering on the Edge {Open}

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Clarity Tess on July 3rd, 2011, 1:50 am

Timestamp 13th of Summer

Clarity stood at one of the entrances to the accursed maze. She was cautious as to not enter though in fear of not being able to come back out. It seemed as if she was in a lethargic mood, being perfectly content with staring inside the hedge all day. Sitting down carefully on the grass she removed the leather pouch attached to her waist belt. It was a small holder, rectangle in shape, and the span of the tip of one’s longest finger to a little past their wrist. On the bottom of the pouch lay a thin plank of wood for stability and inside the leather binding, a kitten.

Maya’s head peeked out from the flap, mewling and taking in her new surroundings she squirmed her way out. The kitten then proceeded to chew on a piece of grass and bat lightly at it until it broke. Laughing softly Clarity reminisced in her home life before her sister went to join the Rhysol followers. She remembered when her father would come home after a day or so, covered in dirt and grinning like a mad man, having just gotten out of the maze. Her father was always in the garden and whenever he was asked why, he would simply smile and give a little wink.

Sighing softly she pondered if she should go inside. What would await her? She didn’t know, but as of this moment Clarity was satisfied to teeter on the edge.
Posting schedual:
Solia and Clarity: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday
Osakis and Rue: Monday, Wednsday, Friday
Clarity Tess
Owner of one mean kitty

Words: 11379
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 5:29 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Fela Meason on July 3rd, 2011, 7:30 am

13th Day of Summer, 511 AV

Fela looked up to the sky and smiled letting the sun beam down on her. She knew she shouldn't have been out with the sun so strong today. She burned very easily.

But how could she help herself! The grass was the prettiest shade of orange today and everywhere she looked people were smiling, granted it wasn't at her. People didn't smile much at her anymore, but at least they were smiling and that's what counted.

Distracted by the sun and thoughts of cookies and fresh bread Fela failed to notice where she was going. A soft squeak caused her to leap back and look down. What met her gaze was a very angry looking kitten. It's fur had puffed up to about three times it's normal size, she assumed. For all she knew it could look like this all the time. Fela glanced up looking for the owner, expecting a just as angry stare in return.
Last edited by Fela Meason on July 21st, 2011, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Words: 149056
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Clarity Tess on July 3rd, 2011, 6:07 pm

Clarity cocked an eyebrow and whipped her head around at the sound of her kitten fussing angrily. Her eyes spotted a foot next to Maya and she traced it back up to a face.

The stranger looked slightly tense, as if she was expecting Clarity to jump at her for angering Maya. She studied the woman carefully, taking in the detail of her appearance. She could have been the same age as her, possibly the same height, but then again Clarity was sitting. The lady had short wavy red hair, a shade darker than her own. It was her eyes that captured Clarity’s attention the most. They were different colors; one a dark blue, the other could be hazel in the bright lighting.

Looking back at the fussy kitten she found it staring intently at her, as if expecting its owner to teach the woman a lesson. Smiling warmly she picked herself off the ground ignoring the murderous glare she was receiving from Maya.

“Good stranger, you have angered a fearsome beast! One that is feared across many lands! So tell me what do they call you? ” She asked.
Posting schedual:
Clarity Tess
Owner of one mean kitty

Character sheet

Postby Fela Meason on July 5th, 2011, 7:46 pm

She grinned at the stranger.
"Well most these days call me addled and a little bit touched in the head, but you good lady may call me Fela."

Fela crouched down and scooped up the angry little puff ball. "Please forgive me great and might beast. Give me my punishment and I shall take it like a man...or woman rather."

She stood and handed the struggling little ball to it's owner. "What brings you to the Gardens today stranger?" Fela asked as she peaked around the edge of the entrance and marveled at what lay inside in wait.

Fela had few memories of her mother, but one fleeting phantom was of her mother taking her here as a child and reading to her on the grass just outside the gates. Her mother couldn't read well, only books intended for children, and even then Fela had to help her with some of the words. It was one of the few kind acts her mother had ever done for her.

Her intentions for coming here today were to find out why her mother never stepped inside. She wanted to find out for herself what was beyond the mouth of this labyrinth and why it always seemed to frighten her mother so, yet draw her here from time to time and captivate her attention.
Last edited by Fela Meason on July 21st, 2011, 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Clarity Tess on July 21st, 2011, 7:44 pm

Clarity smiled when she heard the woman’s name. It was very pretty and flowed on her ears quite gently. Her grin only widened when Fela began to talk to Maya. When handed the kit she let out a snort of laugher and looked the fluff in the eye.

“Well Maya? What should her punishment be?” She asked, in response Maya tapped her owner’s nose with her paw and let out a squeal. Rolling her eyes playfully Clarity pondered what Fela had asked before promptly flicking the woman on the nose in retribution. Perhaps it was silly, but then again the whole encounter had a light heartedness you usually didn’t find between strangers, best to take advantage of this moment.

Letting out a sigh she ran her hand through her glossy hair before replying.
“My father used to come here when I was a kid. We wouldn’t see him for days but he always looked so happy when he came back, like he had just won a war. I want to feel the same way he did.” Clarity looked back at Fela and asked, “what about you?”
Posting schedual:
Clarity Tess
Owner of one mean kitty

Character sheet

Postby Fela Meason on July 22nd, 2011, 12:46 am

Fela went cross eyed for a moment as the red headed girl batted at her nose, much in the same way her kitten had done to her a moment before. Fela grinned and feigned death collapsing to the ground. After a heartbeat she opened one eye and stared up at the girl from her place in the grass with a goofy smile.

The girl stood a tad bit taller than Fela with a mane of crimson hair and bright blue eyes. Her willowy limbs were decorated in a black tunic covered with all sorts of adornments. Beads and feathers hung from her clothes and her hair. Scarves were tucked into her breeches and gave her the look of a wanderer. An adventurer with a soul for discovery.

Fela Propped herself up on her arms and glanced again at the entrance of the garden and began to speak.
My mother. She would bring me here as a child and read to me on this very grass. She never dared to set a foot inside. She would just lose herself with staring into the entrance. Fela paused and shifted into a cross legged position. Once I accidentally wandered too close. My mother grabbed me and shook me. She was so scared, so afraid of the unknown of the gardens. I think it drove her mad. Fela smiled softly. I think the answers to all of her problems were inside there, She looked up at the girl, and I want those answers.

Fela jumped back to her feet and dusted herself off. Never once losing the cheerful smile she had on her face since she bumbled into the garden area she asked the girl, Tell me love, what is your name? I don't believe I caught it yet.
Last edited by Fela Meason on July 26th, 2011, 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Clarity Tess on July 25th, 2011, 2:36 am

Clarity laughed loudly when Fela fell to the ground in mock death and set the kitten on the grass at her feet. Never had a stranger played along with her antics to such an extent. It was quite a joyful moment.

Maya seemed very please with Fela’s punishment and promptly sat on the woman as she lay in the grass causing a light chuckle to fall from Clarity’s lips. As Fela went on with her story, Clarity felt the drowsiness from the sun seep through her biding her to join the other on the grass for a nap. Clarity tried to rid herself of the feeling by tracing Maya’s stripes and was able to blink away the lethargy quickly.

It seemed that they had similar reasons for being at the Garden, though in a way they seemed very different too. Calling Maya to her side the kit gave a snort and hopped off Fela. She carefully placed the kit in the side pouch at her waist before looking at the other red head.

“Some call me Clarissa, those that do, do not remember it in the morning.” She replied with a grin. “You can call me Clarity.” She gazed through the opening of maze and added, “Well shall we go through?”
Posting schedual:
Clarity Tess
Owner of one mean kitty

Character sheet

Postby Fela Meason on July 27th, 2011, 1:24 am

Clarity eh? Fela's grin widened. That is a name I will never forget. She linked arms with her and joined her peering into the edge of the maze.

The inside was so lovely. Lush green vines spread along the ground and reminded Fela of spider webs. They reached out and ensnared everything that did not move fast enough away. Trees were caught forever in the grip of these insidious plants. Flowers opened to reveal pale purples and yellows. Fela did not recognize these perennials, her knowledge of botany was very limited but she knew most of the flowers of this region.

I spent my entire life running, from this garden and this city. I'm tired of running. I'm home to face my demons. She turned to Clarity. And by the gods, why not have a little fun while doing it? Fela stepped forward and let her arm fall away from Clarity as she took her fist shaking steps into the realm of her mother's nightmares.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)