Star Gazing[Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Star Gazing[Open]

Postby Keva on July 5th, 2011, 8:32 pm

The night was dark, with an occasional chilling breeze. The only sources of light were the dim torches that hung from homes and the stars that majestically shimmered from above. While much of the Vantha were preparing for bed or were already asleep, Keva was sitting upon the rooftop of the Skyglow Hold. He sat upon the roof silently staring at the stars, a common thing for him to do. He sometime wondered if anyone even knew were he was, if they knew he was sitting here alone gazing at the stars. Maybe they just didn’t notice he was gone or maybe they just didn’t care where he was. His eyes were a mix of hazel and light purple, a common color for his eyes to be. His eye color represented his emotion, he was calm under the stars but here was always a deep sadness that haunted him everywhere.

Keva sighed and put his black fur hood on, then laid back on the roof placing both his hand under his head for support. Keva watched his breath as he sighed, watch the warm fog escape from his mouth and fade into the sky. Escape, that’s what Keva wanted. To be free and explore the world, there is so much to be seen and Keva didn’t want to miss a thing of it. He knew deep inside that there was nowhere he could escape to, he was stuck here in this frozen wonderland. Keva’s vision returned back to the stars and watched them glow and outshine the city lights.

"Do you know why snow is white? Snow is white because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be..."
-Code Geass
Keva
The Star Child

Words: 11299
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2011, 6:54 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Star Gazing[Open]

Postby Mortemor Thane II on July 6th, 2011, 6:27 am

Summer 10th, 511 AV | Nighttime

Mortemor made her way into the heart of the glistening snow metropolis, making note of every sparsely wooded or heavily populated area as she went. The towering castle of Morwen in the distance beckoned to her, and she promised herself that before she left Avanthal she would go and see the throne room herself.

“Now… what about an inn? I wonder if there’s a place I can stay around here.” Mortemor murmured to herself, a slender pale finger venturing out of the thick sleeve of her cloak to play with her chapped bottom lip. She licked her lips tentatively, attempting to remoisten the cracking skin of her mouth. She could taste the metallic blood coming through the cracks in her delicate skin. “I wonder if I can get something warm to eat too…” Mort pouted slightly, the back of her mind reminding her that she was on her own now and had to take care of things by herself. She inhaled, puffing out her breast slightly, reassuring her confidence.

“I’ll just ask the next local I see…” She reasoned to herself as she continued down a snowy path leading into a residential area. Torches lit the sides of the road, allowing Mortemor to traverse the city roads. She came to one district of the city where there were no trees or any foliage to speak of and the ground was completely flat giving those that entered the district a clear view of the brightly lit night sky.

“Lights like theses put torches to shame!” Thane thought to herself marveling up at the clear winter sky. Each star shone with the brilliance of a multi-faceted diamond; threads of silver reached out of each point of light, decorating the dark sky in a field of marvelous silver blooms.

“Wow… This was certainly worth the trip…” Mortemor sighed contently; her emerald eyes scanned the horizon, but stopped abruptly when they fell onto a young looking man sitting on top of a large hold. He was gazing up into the sky, but she couldn’t see his face. A dark furred hood barred her vision, and she wondered for a moment if the young man had fallen asleep. She was afraid to disturb him at first, but reconsidered the amount of guilt she would feel if that person froze to death due to her neglect. Besides that, she needed directions to the nearest inn.

“Umm…” She was sheepish at first, and then cleared her throat in order to project her voice up to the roof top. “Excuse me! Young man! Young man!” The red-head called up, her voice ringing through the empty clearing.
OOCI’m sorry if it’s a bit sucky, this is my first time back in a few years XP
Mortemor Thane II
The Lovable Tomboy

Words: 56826
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 1:04 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Star Gazing[Open]

Postby Keva on July 6th, 2011, 7:10 am

For a moment Keva had stopped his breathing, because of his auristics he could feel an unfamiliar aura nearby. Keva tried to focus on the aura, but could not recognize who it belonged too though it didn’t seem like the person had any bad intentions. For the next few moments Keva tried to relax again, though he still felt that aura like it was staring at him.

Then he heard the voice of a young woman, who must have been calling out to him. Keva’s eyes quickly turned silver, he was in shock that this unknown person suddenly wanted to talk to him. Especially this late at night was very uncommon to him. Keva paused before reacting, then slowly got on his knees and crawled to the edge of the roof. He placed his hands on the edge and slightly leaned over so he could see the person better.

He was surprised to see the young woman with her flaming red hair, he knew she must have been an Inarta. Though since the woman was in his vision he could read their aura better, he could tell that the woman was Inarta but also a mix of human. It was obvious that she was a traveler and most likely wanted directions or something of that sort. Keva almost became jealous, wishing he could have that same privilege to travel the world.

“Can I help you with something?” Keva said sharply, with not one of the most friendly tones. Though if he really didn’t wish to help, he wouldn’t have said anything at all. Keva stared at the woman with cold eyes, his eyes slowly started to return to its common hazel color. Another chilling breeze passed by as he waiting for the woman to respond, it slowly swayed his hair and the fur on his coat. The chill didn’t bother Keva at all, he was used to the atmosphere this region had to offer.

OOCHaha don't worry it's fine to me, I haven't roleplayed in a while either so I'm just happy to be roleplaying again :3

"Do you know why snow is white? Snow is white because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be..."
-Code Geass
Keva
The Star Child

Character sheet

Star Gazing[Open]

Postby Mortemor Thane II on July 6th, 2011, 7:38 am

It took a moment for the young man to realize that Mortemor had been calling to him. The halfling watched the boy’s form shuffle over to the edge of the roof and peer over at her. She was taken aback by the shocking shade of silver the young man’s eyes were. His gaze suddenly became steely; the brightness of his eyes began to bleed away as he spoke.

“Can I help you with something?” The boy spoke with an unfriendly tenseness on the edge of his voice. Mortemor suddenly understand that she was bothering the boy more, than doing him a favor. She shivered lightly under her large cloak as a chilled breeze rolled by, climbing up her legs and into her bones.

“Oh… I’m sorry if I’m bothering you…” She wanted to explain that she wanted to make sure he was okay, but she was sure that she would sound completely silly. “I was wondering if you knew a place to stay nearby? It’s my first time to Avanthal… I’m a bit lost.” She shrugged embarrassed that she had come so far into the city without spotting a single Inn.

Mortemor took a second look up young man as he peered at her from the brim of a black furred hood, and she noticed how pale the boy’s soft round face was. She began to wonder; if he hadn’t fallen asleep, why was he out there in the middle of the night in the first place?

“I know I’m not from around here… but is it some kind of tradition to sit on your roof… in the freezing cold… it the middle of the night?” Mortemor’s tone changed a bit; becoming less shy, and more inquisitive.

Mortemor Thane II
The Lovable Tomboy

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Star Gazing[Open]

Postby Keva on July 6th, 2011, 8:03 am

Once again Keva took a moment to respond, he realized he should been at least a little more polite to the woman. all the other Vantha were so friendly and willing to help travelers in heartbeat, he wondered why he couldn’t act more like them. He never had much interaction with people so his social skills weren’t at their max. Keva hung off the edge of the building, holding on to the edge tightly. When he felt confident enough he let go and landed on the ground safely on his feet. He gave the girl a slight smile and gave a look in his hazel and purplish eyes that seemed apologetic.

“You’re not bothering me.” Keva said quietly, he was actually feeling a little happy that he had company now. The tint of purple in his hazel eyes began to fade and was being replaced with a tint of green, expressing his slight happiness.

“It’s not a tradition though, well at least not for anyone else.” Keva paused with a sigh, letting the mist escape from his lips. “I just like to look at the stars, they’re amazing tonight.” As Keva spoke their almost seemed to be a sadness in his voice, even though he feeling a bit of happiness it almost seemed as if his body had just adapted to the sadness he always felt.

“Anyway, I can show you were the inn is. It’s called the Savintar Warrens ” Keva said and pointed in the direction of the inn. “I can lead you there if you like.”

-Code Geass
Keva
The Star Child

Character sheet

Star Gazing[Open]

Postby Mortemor Thane II on July 6th, 2011, 8:33 am

In a movement to quick for Mortemor to anticipate, the boy hung his body off the roof, holding his slender frame up with surprising strong limbs. “Oh Becar--!!” Mortemor’s heart shot into her throat, her thoughts flashing, “By Priskil! He’ll fall!!”

Before Mort could finish uttering her warning, the young Vantha had leapt to the ground with ease. A cloud of powdered snow wafted about his feet as he rose to meet her eye to eye. She could see now that the color of his pupils carried a violet luminescence. This time his expression softened, and he seemed to smile at her lightly. It made her feel a bit better, but she was still concerned about this strange boy she had met in the middle of the night.

He assured her that she wasn’t bothering him, and she quickly noticed the small green flecks beginning to appear in his eyes. “My… you certainly have some pretty unique eyes…” The young woman said slowly and softly, staring intently at the sudden color changes taking place in his eyes. She had never met a vantha before, and therefore knew very little about them or their way of life. She could only scarcely recall reading books about snow monsters from Avanthal and the city’s architecture itself. But she had dwelled little on the Vantha culture; being that she was too busy studying Inarta Lore.

“Oh…” Suddenly realizing that she was staring. “Sorry… They are very beautiful aren’t they? And what a good view too! You can almost see the entire sky!” She beamed in agreement briefly looking up towards the sky. Another chill rolled over her, reminding her of her need for warmth. “I would appreciate it very much if you showed me! Lest I get lost in the cold and freeze to death!” She shivered again, slightly chattering the words. Her pale cheeks had become a rosy red, and her nose had become the color of a cherry. Despite her want for warmth, Mortemor could still sense the slight ‘off-ness’ in the young man’s mood. He seemed friendlier, but there was something else that lay beneath his demeanor.

“My name is Mortemor, by the way!” Morty extended her small slender hand to him in a handshake gesture. “And you?”

OOCit’s getting a bit late here, this may be my last post. Lol I apologize if a fall asleep. It like 3:30 Am here XP
Mortemor Thane II
The Lovable Tomboy

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Star Gazing[Open]

Postby Keva on July 6th, 2011, 9:32 am

Keva gave a shy smile as she stared at him and complemented his eyes. He took off his hood making it easier to see his face and his sleek straight back hair. His smile stayed as she talked and looked up at the sky along with her. He noticed her shivering when another chill passed by, since he was a Vantha he was used to the cold and didn’t even cause him to shiver. H ehad almost forgotten how hard it is for other races to tolerate this weather.

“I’m Keva.” He said as she extended her hand, he then held out his hand as well and shook her hand. Her hands were freezing and it made him realize they should probably get to an inn so she could warm up.

“Well let’s get to the inn. I don’t want you to freeze.” Keva said and began to walk along the silent street beside Mortemor. As they walked Keva looked around the town, at the buildings lightly covered with snow, down at the stone path, up at the stars and occasionally looked over at Mortemor. It was amazing how much more peaceful things were at night.

“Hey Mortemor, you’re a traveler right? I‘m curious to know, what have you seen so far and where have you been?” Keva said looking over at her enthusiastically, he was very curious about the outside world and was hoping to hear some stories about it from her. As they walked the frozen path to the inn, Keva waited silently and eagerly for her to respond.

-Code Geass
Keva
The Star Child

Character sheet

Star Gazing[Open]

Postby Mortemor Thane II on July 6th, 2011, 6:38 pm

‘Keva…’ Mortemor mentally repeated the name, getting a feel for the pronunciation. Keva removed his hood, revealing his coal black hair; which laid straight and relaxed across his scalp and around his cheeks. The colorful lights of the stars shining above were caught in his ebony strands, giving his hair a light colorful sheen. Mortemor sniffed a bit, and shook his hand firmly; appreciating the warmth his palms offered. “How can you be so warm, when I feel like an ice cube?” Mortemor said lightly, a small chuckle managing to emanate from her throat. “A pleasure to meet you, mister Keva!”

“Well let’s get to the inn. I don’t want you to freeze.”
Keva insisted, and led the way down the road. Mortemor kept close behind him, watching the silent streets of the Avanthal as its residence slept peacefully in their beds. Snowflakes danced through the air, slowly coming to join other snowy lace that gathered on the ground and in the streets, and on houses, and rooftops, and treetops. The entire city seemed to blanketed in a sheet of white, and although Mortemor was missing her home; places, and scenery like this often helped her forget the home sickness she felt in her heart. She began to feel a bit melancholy yet peaceful as she continued to watch the silent environment continue to be filled with white spots of lace.

“Hey Mortemor, you’re a traveler right? I‘m curious to know, what have you seen so far and where have you been?” Keva’s words pulled Mortemor from her thoughts. She peered over at the boy, thinking over what she would say.

“Weeeellll….” She drawled, “This is actually the first stop in my journey! I came from Zeltiva, in the Sylira region; and I’m planning to make my way all the way to Wind Reach!” Mortemor announced proudly, her voice slightly echoing in the unoccupied areas of the street. Her heart swelled at the thought of completing her goal. “I can tell you a little about Zeltiva, if you’d like?” She shrugged a little, embarrassed that she didn’t have any amazing stories to share.

Mortemor Thane II
The Lovable Tomboy

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Star Gazing[Open]

Postby Keva on July 6th, 2011, 8:18 pm

Keva gave a quiet chuckle as she compared herself to feeling like an ice cube. He lifted up his left sleeve to reveal his pale and slender arm, which held a Gnosis mark in the shape of a snowflake on it. He figured he should tell her why he wasn’t so cold, he looked up and gave a smile before speaking.

“All Vantha have this Gnosis mark, our Goddess Morwen gives all of her children this so they can be resistant to the cold.” Keva said and put his sleeve back down when he felt Mortemor had a good enough look of the mark.

Once Mortemor had mentioned she had came from all the way from Zeltiva his eyes were in awe. He had read briefly about Zeltiva before, he always wanted to visit there especially because of the great University they are rumored to have there. To be able to just walk into that place would really be a dream come true Keva and then she even mentioned she was heading towards Wind Reach. He knew that was where the Inarta lived, thinking for a second of how amazing it would be to go there and see the Inarta train their falcons and other birds. He only wished that he could travel to all this places. The Vantha never really had a desire to travel, but Keva was different.

“I would love to hear all about it!” Keva said in response to her question, it was remarkable at how Keva had seemed to change in these last few moments. It was as if he became a child again, who was always looking forward to hearing stories. They were still a good half a mile from the inn, so a good conversation would help get the walk by.

-Code Geass
Keva
The Star Child

Character sheet

Star Gazing[Open]

Postby Mortemor Thane II on July 6th, 2011, 11:14 pm

Keva held his arm up and slid the sleeve coating the limb back just enough to reveal a mark. In the torchlight Mortemor could see that the brand marring his pale flesh was in the form of a snow flake.

“All Vantha have this Gnosis mark, our Goddess Morwen gives all of her children this so they can be resistant to the cold.” He explained, and then shielded his arm once more.

“So you’re a Vantha? It’s strange seeing another species that looks so similar to your own…” The young woman looked over Keva, trying to pick out any subtle difference between her and him. The only things of note were his pale skin, and his eyes which held a myriad of different colors; and of course his mark of Gnosis. Gnosis was something of a mystery to Mortemor; she only knew that those marks were given to those whom gods deem worthy and faithful. She was a tinge jealous yet, impressed that the young man had been marked by the gods. “You’re very lucky; I wish I had a Gnosis mark…” Morty murmured disappointed that she didn’t have anything very interesting to show him in return. She did have a few tales about Zeltiva to share though.

“Well Zeltiva is a very busy city, despite the fact that it’s placed in such a closed off environment.” She adjusted her coat as she continued to speak. “Mostly humans use the ports to import and export things, but the port themselves are impressive!” She lifted her arms in the air to emphasize its size. "It’s huge! And it’s capable of allowing hundred of ships to dock in and out daily. My father runs a store in Zeltiva… So it was a daily errand going to the dock to pick up his shipments. Sometimes foreign ships would come in, carrying all sorts of people like Konti, Charoda and Svefra sailors looking to trade! I used to love watching them unpack their cargos. They would bring all sorts of strange objects and creatures with them!” Morty boasted.

“oh!” She jabbed a finger into the air recalling an important detail, “You simply must go visit the City Library! Most of the students from the university go there, but anyone is allowed in. I used to go there all the time! They have countless books on things like culture, fairy tales, historical texts, and parchments that contain lessons! It part of the reason why I started this journey…” Mortemor finished with a sort of seriousness to her tone.

She remembered the hot Zeltivian days where she would spend her time inside reading through page after page about Inartan culture, and Wind Reach’s way of life. She knew to expect a harsh living when she got there, but that didn’t frightened her; she wasn’t afraid to get her hands dirty. Mortemor's grass green eyes lifted from the snowy road ahead and settled onto Keva.
“What about you mister Keva, have you traveled before?"
Mortemor Thane II
The Lovable Tomboy

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next