Renascence [Solo]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The massive stretch of desert that overwhelms Eyktol. Here, a man's water is worth more than his life, and the burying sands are the unfortunate's mute undertaker.

Renascence [Solo]

Postby Nimvahlis on January 20th, 2010, 5:07 am

Someday in early winter of 509

Something is amiss...
He was cold, wrapped in a tomb of ice. The man could faintly hear bubble coalescing around him. Drifting somewhere, anywhere, where did they go? The small drops of air, floating up as surely as rain would fall. Up. Salt water burned the eyes as he opened them and tilted his head back. Above him he could see a half moon wavering at him through the water. Strange… He glanced down, his arms naked and pale in the filtered moonlight. Then his lungs started to burn.

The drowning man flailed his arms and feet, desperately pushing upwards to the looming surface. He breached the surface, gasping for air as a thirsting man reaches for water. Ceasing the frantic paddling that was keeping him afloat, the man lay on his back and drifted. A cold wind blew across the water, causing small peaks to erupt on his exposed torso. Gentle waves pushed the man ever landwards as he calmly lay on his back and gaze at the moon. This cannot have passed. I am one of the lost… His back collided roughly with the rocky beachhead, and another chilling wave washed over him. The newly made Ethaefael stood shakily, rubbing his arms together in the night air. His hands and arms caught his notice, how unsightly the seemed. Glancing over the rest of his naked body, he realized the alteration was total. Oh what woe, within the demesnes of Leth, he had… The memories slipped through his fingers like fine sand. The world around him sagged as his divine fulfillment crumbled, an ancient temple crumbling in the face of mortality

The moon was on its last legs, Leth was departing until the twilight hours of the morrow. Glancing around the premises of the beach, the shore was rocky and home to naught but hardy shrubbery. Seeing nowhere else comfortable to rest, the Ethaefael flattened a patch of sea grass and sat. As he collected his scattered thoughts, the man’s head sank into his hands. Existence stolen away in the dead of night, disappearing as surely as the stars did when the sun met the sky. This single blurred event was all he had left now as the sparse world around him brightened in anticipation of Syna’s return. Nimvahlis shook his head slowly, eyes still buried in his soft hands, ”This is how eternity ends…”
Nimvahlis
Can you feel it?

Words: 96106
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2010, 9:59 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Re: Renascence [Solo]

Postby Nimvahlis on January 29th, 2010, 9:42 pm

Dawn approached rapidly. The ocean in the east took no part in concealing the rising sun, which painted the sky with swathes of pink and orange. Waves made the only sound in this harsh solitude, rolling over the rough shoreline. Nimvahlis sat with his back against a sandy colored rock, leering intently at the eastern sky before him. What shall occur? Yet, he knew what would happen. He would lose himself, to wear a different set of skin for the day. Yet the question remains, who shall I become? Thousands of vague impressions swirled through his mind, a whispered montage.

Syna had fully breached the sky now, greeting the world with her blinding light. Nim glanced down at his body. He began to shift and shimmer, as if viewed through water. He stood up shakily, What a strange sensation. He could not place his finger on it; was it physical or emotional? Only his imagination? He was returning from a long journey, but not without scars. When did I fall? Nimvahlis brushed small pieces of gravel from his cheek, and pushed himself up on his arms. He was no longer changing.

It was strange, losing your legs. Nim felt crippled and vulnerable as he recalled how to move. Desperate and helpless, a veritable newborn. Flexing wings, shifting tail, recalled memories. He slid his tail up underneath him, dragging it roughly against the rocky shore. For a few seconds Nimvahlis felt light headed, about to fall. Without waiting for the dizziness to abate, Nim fluttered his wings and took flight. Or rather, he attempted to take flight. The Akvatari had traveled naught ten feet before he crashed into the surf. The waves rolled over him, like so many other things seemed to do. Leth take me now. Nimvahlis lay face down in the surf, trying to drown out the world around him. Yet his lungs did not immolate as they had earlier. My mind is as fogged as the morning harbor. How could I have forgotten, I need not breathe for hours. Nim silently berated himself for his poor memory, and lifted his head from the waves. With a few heaves, he had pushed himself far enough into the water to swim. His powerful tail and wings propelled him through the water, along the shoreline to the north. Where he had seen the last star disappear.
Nimvahlis
Can you feel it?

Words: 96106
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2010, 9:59 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)