Two Questions on my Kelvic

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Feirri on July 11th, 2011, 3:35 pm

Okay so I had asked something about races, but now I've narrowed it down to Kelvic, because they would obviously have issues that humans would consider going to many, many therapy sessions to resolve.

First of all, I would love it if a Kelvic answered this, because I believe they would understand more.

1) Can my story be...basically...this? She lived with her adoptive mom somewhere semi-desolite. Her mom never let her leave the house, because the mom wanted Feirri to think for herself as much as she could. She taught her language and how to write limited things. She let Feirri pursue a hobby.. I don't know what this hobby will be yet, as this is just the main idea for her childhood. Her mom was bonded with Feirri, and Feirri still wants to do what she said, which is basically distrust everyone and self-indulge. So she feels the need to both grow a new bond, and also live a life her own. She mixed up with what she wants.

2) I heard somewhere the starter package (Or something) gives you a horse. Does this apply to Kelvic, too?

Thank you SOO much!! (Only if you answer) And yes, I do understand that Kelvics are animals that turn into humans. Not vice-versa. But I also understand they have human-esque traits.
Due to a combination of web browser issues, weak wi-fi signals, and a Dell from Hell, I might leave randomly or not respond at all. And for this, I am sorry, but it's also not my fault.
Feirri
The lovable unloving one.

Words: 3122
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2011, 6:04 am
Location: The hearts of million and billions of mentally disturbed fans.
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Feirri on July 11th, 2011, 3:38 pm

BY THE WAY!! Feirri's adoptive mom actually adopted her, so Feirri was an orphan. Her adoptive mom was a human.
Due to a combination of web browser issues, weak wi-fi signals, and a Dell from Hell, I might leave randomly or not respond at all. And for this, I am sorry, but it's also not my fault.
Feirri

Character sheet

Postby Mercury on July 11th, 2011, 3:53 pm

Hey Feirri,

1. Yes, you can be adopted.
2. Yes, you can be house bound, especially as a kelvic
3. Hobbies are great. Reference the Skill List

1. Yes, you can have a horse, but its generally frowned upon. It also depends what kind of animal you are yourself.

Mercurially Yours
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Mercury
Poisoning you to insanity, one word at a time

Words: 93204
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2011, 4:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Feirri on July 11th, 2011, 4:08 pm

Really? So that's all good? Oh man, that's awesome. Now I just have to find an animal. I think Red Panda, cause they're cute and look like foxes. Or an actual silver fox, silver foxes can be trained, you know.

One more thing though. Horses owned by Kelvic are frowned upon by the players or by staff?
Feirri

Character sheet

Postby Mercury on July 11th, 2011, 4:23 pm

I definitely know its frowned upon by me. I can't speak for other players and mods.

Can you imagine riding another human? No. Its weird. The only reason humans ride other animals is because we have convinced ourselves we have evolved far past them. Kelvics are still animals, they know what its like to be pure instinct, some even know the burden of being a riding animal themselves. It's your call though.

If you want, you can ask other mods and players. This is just my opinion.
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Mercury
Poisoning you to insanity, one word at a time

Words: 93204
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2011, 4:15 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Feirri on July 11th, 2011, 4:36 pm

Ooh. Good point. Never really thought of it that way, you have good eye for perspective, huh? I still want a horse, though. Mostly because they're pretty, and I was gonna name it Bop Fopus. My character strives to be as human as possible, so it could be for show. Maybe I'll have a small Blue Jay, would that be okay? Jeeze. Answers just lead to more questions, huh?
Feirri

Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on July 11th, 2011, 4:41 pm

If you don't take a horse, but want all the other equipment, then go ahead and credit yourself 150 gold mizas that you can go on a shopping spree with pre-creation. That means if you want another sort of animal companion, you can purchase one. I think horses would be a little iffy letting a kelvic ride them unless they really had time to get used to the kelvic.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Feirri on July 11th, 2011, 4:51 pm

Okay I will do that. Thank you, both Gossamer and Mercury, it is much appreciated. :D
Feirri

Character sheet