The Day of a Thief (Flashback)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

The Day of a Thief (Flashback)

Postby Devandre on January 22nd, 2010, 9:32 pm

Timestamp Day 64 Summer 497AV
Mornings are always the hardest and the easiest parts of the day. Devandre never liked getting up in the mornings, yet it was the part of the day with the least amount of work. Devandre’s mornings start early, the stars still up in the silky black night. A small fire is alit a few feet away from Devandre’s home. Tan, worn, fabric box that could hold four adult humans people. Though to most it seems small, but to the short mutt it seemed like a house. The tent was given to him by one of the leaders of the small group of thieves, he was told to set up camp there in the far corner of the land among some trees almost hidden from sight. The boy sits near the fire, monitoring a pot of water over the flames. The shabby old tent lit by the flicker of fire, has served as his home for the past five years. Located a little outside of Sunberth on the property of “The Falcon Order.” At least that is what they called it; no one really knew the name of the owner of the land.

Devandre was told that this was how everyone lived and never thought to question that fact. Purposely separated from the rest of the thieves do to his heritage. Despite this, he has adapted and keeps his single roomed house tidy and in order. Off to the far right of the entrance, was a sack, which has food mostly veggies and fruits, which was provided every week by the “Falcon’s.” Just to the right of that was a mortar and pestle set. This mortar and pestle was very much important to him, without it he would not be able to make his food edible. Directly right to this was several bottles filled with an off green brown mixture of veggies, water or wine.

In the middle of the tent was a mound of burlap sacks, which served as his bed, next to the mound was a knife. Although the order rules forbid stealing from other thieves and killing, Devandre seemed to be the exception to the rule. To the left of the entrance was a short bow with some arrows, a present to himself for his birthday. Although it technically is a short bow its length was almost half as long as his body. Off to the far left is two small flasks, another mortar and pestle, smaller bottles and three books.

Devandre suspects that he had stopped growing, his height only 4’4” had been this way since he was 32 seasons of age. (8) Now at 80 seasons, it is a curse and a blessing; the small size makes him very undetectable in a crowd. This comes in handy while scamming and thieving.

The boy pokes a log further into the fire as the pot of water boils. One of the bottles was in the boiling liquid warming the contents within. He had discovered that the mixture tastes better warm then cold. Standing and stretching hissing as his joints pop into place, walking over to a cloak hanging from a near by branch drying in the warm air. Testing it with his hands wondering if it was dry enough to wear. Feeling that it was still slightly damp, he concedes and removes his current clothes and puts on the slightly damp clothes. Dirty clothes in hand, he walks back over to the boiling water, hand reaching out to grab a vine that had been attached to the neck of the bottle for ease of retrieval. Once the hot glass bottle was out of the water he begins a trek toward a near by stream to wash his clothes.

Although an outside observer couldn’t tell it from his face, he was actually excited about today. Today the team he belongs to is going to put into action a new pickpocket routine. James and Crystal are his teammates, James is a human at around 80 seasons. Tall and athletic, with brown hair and eyes. His skin is tanned from being in the sun all day. Devandre's skin never tanned but rather reddened and burn. Crystal is an Istur female 84 seasons, a little bulkier muscle wise but yet still incredibly feminine, brown hair with natural blond highlights. She loves to manipulate and seduce people of the opposite sex to get what she wants, if that doesn't work a swift swat to the back of the head usually takes care of it.

Once at the stream, he sets down his dirty clothing and takes a sip of the warm liquid shuttering a little,
“Aksss to much lemon beetle.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Once the chores had been completed, he walked back to his tent finishing the sour tasting soup. Stepping into the tent and beginnign to gear up for the long day ahead of him. Slipping on gauntlets he had bought specifically for this day. Today may be a particularly dangerous one. Once his cloak had been properly put on, a knife hidden in one of the many pockets hidden in the folds. Leaving his camp to start his journey to the coast of Sunberth. “To the market, I hear fressh meat hasss come ashore.”
Last edited by Devandre on January 27th, 2010, 7:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Devandre
Player

Words: 39870
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2009, 6:45 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Re: The Day of a Thief (Flashback)

Postby Devandre on January 22nd, 2010, 9:51 pm

Even though the group are all still young, there maturity is one of adults. “Heads up!” a male voice yelled.

Devandre swiveled where he was standing and identified a red object heading toward his head. His hand comes up quick and catches an apple.

“Nicce try Jamesss.”
Devandre speaks slowly, hissing chuckles as he sees two familiar friendly faces.

“It was worth a try.” James replied as he and Crystal continue to walk toward Devandre.

Crystal smacks James lightly on the back of the head; “You two are always trying to out do each other.” Whispered now to James, "Besides he already has a hard enough life as is, he doesn't need you to be one more problem."

“Owe that hurt Crys, but I guess your right.” James says as he rubs the back of his head, the spot where the hand had made contact throbbing slightly.
"Headsss up!"

James looked up just in time to see an apple heading strait for his forehead. With a little thud the apple hits James's head and lands in his hands.

"That'sss one for me." Devandre chuckled, he knows he didn't really hurt James. Healthy competition has been the fuel of a long friendship. Crystal was somewhat the glue that kept the friendly competition friendly.

"Oh a challenge hmm? Your on." James replied as he began to run to where Devandre was standing. Crystal tripped him and James fell flat on his face.

Devandre snickers loudly watching his two best friends quarrel now within greeting distance.

“Again with the violence, I thought your talent was to seduce and not repel.” James looked up at Crystal with a crooked face.

"Pffft I can do both if I want to, and I do." Crystal passively flip her long hair over a shoulder. "Besides we need to conserve our strength, we have a long day today."

“Yes your right Crystal, but I will get you Dev eventually.”
James said standing and brushing himself off.
Last edited by Devandre on January 23rd, 2010, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devandre
Player

Character sheet

Postby Devandre on January 22nd, 2010, 10:17 pm

Near the coast of Sunberth is an open-air market that is relatively safe crime wise. Travelers feel safe there and bring their money to purchase fine jewelry. Little did they know the fine jewelry was really only worth a couple coppers a piece.

The trio arrived at the busy market strip and took up positions among the crowd. Devandre had his cloak up to hide his face in shadow. Crystal and James were walking behind Devandre through the crowd. At a designated area Devandre was to turn around and bump into Crystal, which he does.
A loud shriek is heard piercing the busy crowd of Sunberth’s market. “EWWWE, it touched me, the Symenestra touched me!” Crystals shrieked.
Even though it is true Devandre is part Symenestra he doesn’t look completely like one, but they new the market even though safe was very volatile filled with locals and outsiders. All it would take to set the gas filled air alit is a small spark.

James shoved Devandre into a man who had turned to look at what Crystal had yelled at. Devandre fell into the man’s chest while his hand dipped into a pocket and found a pouch of mizas. With skill and practice he removed it from the man and with that the game has begun.

Crystal was making a scene putting her hands all over a wealthy looking man shouting.
“That Hideous thing touched me sire…I can still feel the slime of his touch…help me someone.”

She skillfully used her patting and speech to direct the man’s attention away from where she was touching him and at Devandre, who had now landed on his bum. Her own hands busy lifting a timepiece and a fairly heavy money pouch.

James was busy doing something similar, using pats and words to direct attention away to what he was doing. His words where not ones of sympathy toward himself but trying to whip the crowded street into a mob; it worked, almost to well. James had just finished stealing some items from the man’s pocket when the man yelled. “Kill the Symenestra,”

Devandre had returned to a standing position and was brushing himself off while bumping into people around him, slipping his hands into pockets taking whatever he could unnoticed. Devandre wasn’t paying much attention, he knew what the plan was and was prepared to defend himself and run.

The man that Devandre had fallen into replied, “No don’t kill him, what are all you Sunberthians barbaric like the Myrians?!” It was almost as if the world split in two. Half of the mob was against the violence the other half was all for it. Arguments erupted which soon turned into small separate fistfights, before a street wide fight. The trio was ecstatic the plan had worked well now that most everyone’s focus was on one another, the three thieves would go to town and rob them blind.

Devandre fixed his hood to cover his face and head again. His small body and swiftness made him virtually invisible in the mob. Crystal and James had done the same ducking low and staying out of punches and kicks ways.

Devandre was cut off as someone was knocked out by a punch. As the body fell his eyes and hands moved quick and located the drawstring to a pouch. The body continuing its fall, the pouch slipped free from the body.

Unfortunately the man who had thrown the knock out punch saw this and was not pleased. Drawing a long sword and bringing it down toward the short thief quickly, Devandre sensed danger and was quick to catch the blade against his gauntlets.
“You’re a thief!” The man yelled at Devandre. Devandre only hissed as he pushes against the sword, "Yeah I may be a thief but it'sss thisss or die."

"I choose the later fate for you," The man shot back.

"Your not from here are you? Pity thisss places will be the lassst place...you visssit! Sssiku's blesssings on you!" Devandre grunted the blessing out, gaining his footing and pushing the man and his weapon back. Devandre drew his knife but watched instead as the man clumsily fell back accidentally stabbing someone. Devandre ducked his blade out of sight as the man who had been stabbed yells loudly and slides off the blade. Devandre smiled at the shocked man before bellowing loudly, “Murder!"This man is a murder, and assassin."
The crowd seemed to shift attention to the man, bloodied sword in hand, and bloodied body by his feet.

"Hang Him!" Devandre yelled.

The man attempted to justify what had happened but the crowd’s adrenalin was up, everyone agreed except the man, a public hanging was in order. The crowd ceased the man and forced him to a near by tree. A loud chant of "Hang him"Murder" filled the air. If anything could bring this town together it would be a public hanging.

Devandre smiled completely uncaring that he had just condemned a man’s life to an abrupt stop. What he cared about was searching the dead body, removing a dagger, coin pouch, timepiece and some papers. Casually he looks around brushing bloody hands on his cloak. Seeing that no one was watching what he was doing he inspected the human blood smelling it and even tasting it.

Devandre found that he really enjoyed the taste, and found it odd and unsettling. Even so, he decided to collect some of the freshly killed human blood in a bottle, pocketing the gore filled bottle as he begins to walk casually away from the scene. Just as he reached a forested area’s edge he heard a loud cheer. The man had been strung up as a fancy tree ornament. “Two man’s death returns peace to the market. Just another day in Sunberth.” Devandre thought to himself.
Last edited by Devandre on January 23rd, 2010, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devandre
Player

Character sheet

Postby Devandre on January 22nd, 2010, 11:47 pm

It was late in the afternoon when the trio met at Devandre's tent. Devandre emptied every pocket in the cloak, James and Crystal did the same.

"Well I'd sssay that went well. Shall we take our earningsss before we send it off to the Falcon's sson?" Devandre isn't very greedy and only takes a dagger and a few gold mizas.

The conditions of being a part of the Falcon's is to pay at least three quarters of all earnings made. Devandre found this rule very unfair. It has gone up through the years. It used to be only half of what you earned, the new cost of living has put a strain on some and it isn't uncommon to see other thieves helping the less fortunate ones. But others would rather see them get caught and properly reprimanded. After all less competition means more money in the pool.

"You could take more Dev" James said, filling a small coin pouch with gold mizas. Crystal was doing the same and nodded in agreement.

"I know but I am a man with very little needsss or pleasure."
Devandre replied inspecting his new blade. "Have any of you ever considered killing ssomeone?"

The question was completely out of the blue for Crystal and James who both promptly answered with a "No."

"Yeah that iss what I would ssay as well. But what if you had reasson to? What I am getting at isss, people get paid very well to do murdersss. You both didn't sseem to mind letting that man today at the market hang unjustly."

Devandre stopped inspecting the blade and began to put on the belt and sheath for it. "Bach! To large, going to have to cut thiss down to fit." He looks up in the direction of James and Crystal who both look to be in shock and thought.

Devandre thought, "They are either deeply disturbed by me free thinking or thinking about what I just said...I hope it's the later."

"You both look like you've ssseen ghostss."
Devandre tried to steer the conversation away.

"No not ghosts Dev just a greener side of the hill. Anyway I better go deliver this so I will not be too tired for the job tonight." Crystal chimed in and started to collect the rest of the loot to bring to Falcon's "Eye" the son of the "Falcon"

"Oh wait before you leave I have a gift for the Eye. Don't tell who it iss from." Devandre handed Crystal an envelope with no markings on it.

"What is in it?" Crystal asked curiously.

"Oh I heard the eye's watch broke, so I took the liberty to get him a new one,"
Devandre replied smiling, Crystal returned the smile. The stolen goods were all put into one bag.

James had been spying on a farming house just south of the property; a small family of three Mother, Father, and Daughter lived there. Although it was a farmhouse, the main boss “Falcon” has asked us to retrieve a journal and deed to the house.

As Crystal left, James curious looks around in my tent and notices the short bow and arrows.

“What do you have here? Not planning on killing anyone are you?”
He jokes bringing out the bow and arrow.

“What a man can’t have a little fun from time to time?”
Devandre replied flashing a small smile, some of his fangs showing from the bottom of his upper lip.

“I am not to good with the bow and arrow,” Devandre added.

“Oh yeah? Well the trick is to stand facing toward the target.”
James says standing with his left side toward the target; the target was a large tree trunk.

“Then you place the butt of the arrow against the string like this.” James continued to demonstrate while Devandre observed.

“Draw the string back, and strong arm it to keep it steady.”
His arms draw the string back as his front arm begins to shake from the pressure.

“Then you aim and let go of the string.”
He lets go of the arrow and it flies toward the tree embedding itself in the trunk.

“Now you try.”
James offers the bow and an arrow to Devandre. Devandre takes the weapons into his hands and positions himself like James had just demonstrated. Getting his proper footing he draws the arrow and string back held strong, taking aim he fires the arrow.

The arrow flies straight and true, but not where James’s arrow hit. Instead the arrow grazed the tree bouncing off the large tree and going of course somewhere behind and into the woods. James chuckles a little, “You will get the hang of it eventually.”

Devandre huffs then looks thoughtful as he speaks.

“I supposse. Now get that arrow out of the tree I only have five and I have to play hide and sseek with the other.” The pair began walking toward the trees, James tackles the removal of the arrow as Devandre digs around in the under growth; The sounds of James’s grunts pleasing to his ears.

Devandre’s hand brushes against the shaft of the arrow which has embedded itself in the soft earth. Devandre then falls onto a little revelation in his own head. Pulling the arrow from the ground, standing and walking back to James who is still struggling with the arrow.

“How are you doing King Arthur?”
He teases James.

“Shut up and help me…” James continues to struggle and grunt with the arrow.

“sss sss sssss” Devandre laughs. “Forget the arrow, that is your mark I am going to try and leave my mark as well, but lets make a bet of it.”

James stops his tussle with the arrow and looks over into Devandre’s direction. “Oh now you are speaking my language what do you wager and what is the bet?”

Devandre smiles again, “I bet I can hit a tree with my arrow, it’ss that simple really.”

James looks less then enthused, “There are many trees here, if you shoot randomly I am sure you would be able to hit a tree. Sssspecify pleassse.” He teases.

Devandre crooks his lips and walks toward the bigger tree with James’s arrow. He then points at the arrow then taking his knife etching "James" into the wood. Devandre then moves around the large trunk and points at a tree directly behind it. Taking out his knife he etches "Dev" into the tree before slamming the knife into the tree as a marker. “I bet I can hit this tree just above my knife.”

James now looks interested, “Okay I will bite, as long as I choose where you have to shoot from.” Devandre nods in agreement.

James then walks a distance away from the thick tree trunk and stomps an area where the big tree blocks anyone’s view of the tree on the opposite end. “Your front foot must be here when you make the shot.”

Devandre bites his tongue for a moment, and then says. “I wager a bottle of spirits each to you and Crystal that I can with one arrow make this shot.”

James is quick to agree, holding out a hand for a shake. Devandre grips the hand as James says, “Deal.”

Devandre takes one last look at where his knife is and then moves to where James had marked. James of course stood on the side saying, “This is impossible…hello alcohol.”

Devandre shut him out and began getting into position; Devandre hoped he had worked this all out right in his head. Beginning to draw the string and arrow back as he takes aim, at first he takes aim directly at center of the tree before slowly moving his aim to another tree near by and firing. The arrow leaves Devandre’s hands fast, whizzing through the air and ricochets off a tree. The arrow vanishes somewhere out of of the line of sight of both Devandre and James.

Both did not see where the arrow had vanished to, it seemed to have whizzed behind the tree and not come out again. James looks confident now, “Looks like you got to go back in the undergrowth.” Devandre ignored him and walked behind the tree. Only moments later,

“RATSSSS!” Devandre says with frustration. James took at as a call for help and rushed over to see what was what.

“What happened?” James asked looking around before seeing the arrow indeed embedded into the tree with the knife in it.

“I wassss to low, looksss like I owe you and Crystal yessss?”
Devandre points to where the arrowhead is embedded, right between the D and E of the etching, wooden of the arrow hugging the cold metal of the knife.

“I guess but how the hell…ahhhh you were trying to swindle me! You hustler, you have shot an arrow before!”
James laughs and pats the short one’s head. Little did James know Devandre has never shot an arrow before in his life.
Last edited by Devandre on January 23rd, 2010, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devandre
Player

Character sheet

Postby Devandre on January 23rd, 2010, 1:48 am

“Well since Devandre owes us all some drink, lets go shopping!”
Crystal suggested as the trio walks around the back allies of the main city of Sunberth.

“Meh why not I could use a new watch.” James chimed in agreeing with Crystal,

“Interesting proposssition, but letsss add a little bit of a challenge to it. Letsss see if we can get all we want for free. James wants a new watch, I need to buy some drink, and Cryssstal wants…what did you want?” Devandre asks Crystal his face covered buy his cloak.

“Hmm? Well I think I will buy you both a pint…” Crystal touches her chin in thought.

“Ahah remember we are stealing these, how are you going to steal three pints? Snatch and run?” James asks laughing at the idea of watching Crystal run with three pints getting all wet with Ale.

“You will see I will use my seductive charms.” Crystal jokes by moving her busts around knowing it drives guys crazy.

“I sssupose we should go get your time piece James first.” Devandre suggested,

“I do believe that is a wonderful idea.” James chimed in acting smug, then handing Devandre shackles. “What are thesse for?” Devandre questioned.

“Just walk in before me and look around the shop, act like customers. Then I will come in asking to purchase a gold timepiece. When I am counting out the money cease me and act like you are Sylirian knights in disguise, or something like that. Tell them that the mizas are counterfeit and have them place them in your pouch, along with the time piece as evidence.” James explained.

“Well okay I’ll go firsst.”
Devandre said, as he began walking toward the store door and entering it. Crystal was close behind, Devandre and Crystal both acted like they were genuinely interested in what the merchant had in stock. Then James walked and began to do his thing asking for the gold watch and before you knew it he was counting out gold mizas. Crystal was first to act grabbing both of James arms forcibly. James put up a convincing fight as Crystal began a spiel.

“Your under arrest by Sylirian rules, Sir are you aware this man was about to pay for that time piece with forged mizas.” Crystal got both of James hands behind his back; Devandre came in and shackled them together. The merchant was a little shocked and dumb struck. But was willing to hand over the money and the timepiece, the three of us walked out quickly and ducked into another alley.

James began laughing, “You are under arrest,” he says in a mocking tone similar to Crystal’s.

“Shushh you.”
Crystal swats the back of James head. This time it doesn’t bother him very much and he just laughs again. Devandre watches and snickers to himself watching his friends.

“Well I think it is time for a little bit of drink before we head out to do that job.” Devandre suggested and they all agreed as they made their way to the local tavern.
Devandre
Player

Character sheet

Postby Devandre on January 27th, 2010, 7:26 pm

The nights events where not important to Devandre, although the trio had entered the home as planned James and Devandre both entered the home quietly while Crystal went up stairs to monitor the sleeping father, wife and child. The deed and journal weren’t hard to locate though in a locked safe that was a bit difficult to pick. The lock was built differently, a keyhole and then a handle that slid horizontally. It was a new style of lock that was unfamiliar to Devandre. Using very thin strips of iron made into the shape of Ls where used by the thief.

Each one was for a different lever; the lock consisted of six levers, which were riveted on their upper corners and rest against a pin. These plates of metal each had a channel cut in them and when a key’s teeth pushed the six pins to a proper height these channels would align allowing the external handle to move freely unlocking the door. Using the metal strips, a long hook like tool and a clamp to hold the L tools in place once at the proper height was found.

Each of the L shaped tools where levered to lift the farthest plate while the hooked tool checked to make sure the channels were aligned. Once found the L tool’s ends where inserted into a clamp that held it’s position while another L shape tool was inserted and the process repeated. It took Devandre a while but was able to get all the tools in the proper position allowing the handle to open. Crystal and James had gone back to the nest, Devandre even though he didn’t show it knew that he was separated from the rest of the other thieves. He didn’t care though, favoring the seclusion and privacy of his tent aloud him to experiment with different plants and small insects to create poison.

Slithering through the blanket darkness like a snake looking for it’s prey. Devandre was making a trek to clothe in cloak and mask to another house. Not any house, but the home of the “Eye”. When he arrived at the home he watched through a window hood up waiting and watching like the reaper waiting for a body to die and collect the soul. The eye had just arrived home and had the package Devandre had delivered to him.

The young man at about 28 had been the one in charge of maintaining the nest of the Falcon’s. He was also the one to deprive Devandre at a very young age of social life, segregating him and doing very little to protect him from thieves who disregarded the rules. The eye was very persnickety about time and being on time, so when Devandre heard that his watch had broken he took the opportunity to pay the eye back.

The Eye went about his evening routine inventorying the earnings of the day before preparing for bed. Devandre was getting a little impatient whispering to himself,
“Come on you greedy ssslime open your gift.”

Watching as the eye sits on the edge of the bed package in hand, Devandre began to feel his heart race faster. The eye began opening the paper package and reach in pulling out the gold watch. The eye looked excited feeling over the gold timepiece a slight membrane of a slick substance coated the chain and pocket watch. The eye paid no attention to it as he began to feel increasingly tired until he finally lays in his bed into a deep sleep.

Devandre chuckled to himself and slid into the home and into the bedroom where he eye lay unconscious. Hissing a chuckle he checks the body for a pulse, placing his index and middle finger at the base of the jaw checking the carotid pulse. His fingers stay there for over three minutes before he feels a single beat. The man still alive but barely, just like Devandre planned. A poison used to simulate death for about to 24 hours, the lack of circulation causes the body to feel cold to the touch.

Devandre picks up the watch with leathered gloved hands, as he smiles and sits next to the body. “Sssleep well you will have a busy night this is only the eve of my real gift to you Eye.”

He says talking to himself as he collects the paper package and watch, standing and leaving the house leaving everything in place. He could of stolen goods from the house but he didn’t want to arouse any suspicion of foul play. The thief leaves back into the dark satisfied and confident like a snake after a meal, the time at about eleven in the evening.
Devandre
Player

Character sheet

Postby Devandre on January 27th, 2010, 7:29 pm

Timesstamp Day 65 Summer 497AV

The day was a bittersweet day for most, the eye found and deemed dead at his home. All the thieves of the groups were granted a day off of thieving. A grave was dug in the local necropolis where the man would be buried in his new wooden home. It was a short ceremony as some of the thieves visited the graves and witnessed as the lid was nailed shut on the coffin and lowered into the earth.

The trio was there to witness the burial off of Devandre’s request. Some left at the sight of Devandre’s appearance and others angered and taunted the mixed mutt. Devandre just hissed, not minding them his mind lost in the future.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devandre made an appearance later that night at around eleven at night. He had brought along with him his supper planning on having a late night picnic at the gravesite.

“Hello, Jacob I bet you didn’t know I knew your name.”
He said to the air as he approached the fresh grave. Setting out a sack on the ground before sitting and getting himself comfortable. Getting a bottle of soup and a bottle of wine; as he begins setting out his dinner he hears a faint “Hello”

“Aww good you are awake,”
He says softly beginning to sip his drink. “I could use some dinner music.” Tonight was a new moon, the night so dark not even the bandits dared to leave the comforts of their lairs.

Soft thuds begin to emanate from the ground, as a new harmony begins “Help me please!” Devandre continues with his meal as his head bobs in time with the thuds.

“Mmm now that is a beat I can dance to.”
Devandre getting slightly drunk from the wine based, soupy mash and the bottle of wine. As he finishes his meal, the sounds from the grave have begun to take erratic rhythms, panic over coming Jacob as he tries to get out of the box under compacted dirt.

Devandre closed his eyes and visualized what Jacob was going through. Waking up in complete darkness trapped in a tight box deprived of senses like he had deprived Devandre of being able to be around others of his kind. Then Devandre thinks about how Jacob much like himself decides to do something about his separation. Clawing scraping his way to a certain freedom. That is where the two differ; Jacob’s freedom is his death. Devandre’s freedom isn’t freedom at all, but acceptance into the Dhani race line.

In a drunken state now Devandre began dancing on Jacob’s grave. An hour past then two, the sweet song soon becoming harsh and raspy, Devandre not pleased begins to gather up his things and leave the grave. Laughing softly the entire time, “Heh now don’t go anywhere Jacob, you need to pay penance to Siku for your treatment of one of her followers.”

Whether or not that was true, it was Devandre’s way to rationalizing his very heinous and barbaric crimes. The drunken predator returns to his cave to wait and sleep the rest of the night away to begin the day of thieving again.

Done
Devandre
Player

Character sheet