[Flashback] Cryptic Writings - Part 1

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Seidaku on July 21st, 2011, 5:03 pm

Timestamp: 30th Day of Spring, 505 A.V.

The rumpled sheet of parchment was covered in irregular lines of blocky script.

An Arguement Against the Possibility of Naturally Occuring Void Portals

A standard belief in the study of the magic of Voiding is the premise that the the practitioner uses the manipulation of Djed to induce a state of emptiness in the world that mirrors that of the perfect emptiness of the Void. Once this is achieved, a link between the two points of emptiness - one in the Void and one in Mizahar - is created and the portal vanishes into existence.

This is demonstrably true.

However, it is also a standard belief that the manipulation of Djed to induce emptiness is an artificial creation of potentially naturally occuring Void portals. That points of perfect emptiness in Mizahar are a naturally occuring, if unimaginably rare, phenomenon.

This is a hypothesis that cannot be adequately confirmed, and the largest barrier to its confirmation is the set of conditions in which a portal to the Void would be created in nature.

The Void is a place of perfect emptiness. In order for this to occur in nature, there must be an absence of both matter and energy. The physical characteristics of the Void confirm this. Lack of an atmosphere, bone chilling cold, blinding darkness.

In a situation where these criteria exist in the natural world, they would exist in an area in which living creatures could not observe their existence. The existence of a portal not delineated via magical means would be so similar to its surroundings on both sides that no discernable identification could be made. Even worse, it is possible that without the aforementioned magical delineation, any attempt to confirm the existence of the portal by inserting objects through the portal would cause it to collapse through the same natural means that brought it into existence.

The text trails off at this point, apparently this paper remains unfinished.
Seidaku
Gazing into the Void

Words: 140247
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2011, 5:23 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Fallacy on July 21st, 2011, 7:25 pm

XP Award!

Name:Seidaku
XP Award:
  • Writing- 2
  • Philosophy- 2
Lore:
  • Writing part of a Thesis
  • Voids cannot occur naturally (Theory)
Notes:

Very interesting, though I wish that it was just a -bit- longer. Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of his writings :)

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)