(Flashback) Gaining Scars {Solo}

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Alumine on July 22nd, 2011, 3:59 pm

Day 15 of Summer, 510 AV

”This might not be a wise decision pup.” Alumine turned a confused expression to her Ma before her gaze swung back to the misshapen wall surrounding the city. Snorting slightly she inched out of the foliage and crept forward ignoring her Ma’s annoyed hiss and continued her crawl to the city. She wanted to see humans, the people she seemed to crave knowledge of, the people she had only seen passing through the surrounding land. She wanted to see them up close.

The closer she got the more nervous her stomach became her breakfast threatening to spill out, blood pumping heavily through her veins it felt as if every sense in her was higher than usual, each thud of her paw seemed loud than thunder, the growing smell of stone seemed to burn her nose; still she pressed forward. It would be her first adventure.

Stopping just before the lowest edge of the wall she could find she then
closed her eyes. She had only just begun shifting, it felt strange and most human scents stung her nose with a vengeance but she couldn’t very well stay in fox form and speak at the same time. Taking a deep breath she thought of nothing but human and smiled, for when she opened her eyes she found that her hands were furless and light tan and most important, completely human! Grinning nervously she inhaled sharply and scrambled over the wall and landing hard on her rear.

”I’m here.” The voice startled her and she clapped her hands over her mouth and ducked low, her eyes wide as dinner plates before she realized it was her who had spoken. With a breathless giggle she pressed herself against the nearest wall and plastering herself too it. She flinched and smothered her yelp of surprise at the cold wall, without her fur everything was more susceptible to the elements; she didn’t care for it much.

Alumine watched the people walking curiously before flinging herself back with a holler of protest, the people who had stood there only moments before were gone! And now stood different people who eyed the alley way curiously, briefly trying to find the source of the noise. Once more shoving herself against the wall she found herself screaming in surprise as she fell through a square hole in the wall.

On her feet in seconds glowing orange eyes surveyed her surroundings, it was a small, unlit room containing only a cot, closet, stove and a knapsack littered across the floor, smiling her entire posture slumping in relief when she found it was empty. Her relief only lasted moments though as she heard footsteps and she ran around the room in shock, she didn’t want to be seen yet! Darting behind the nearest closet she huddled into herself
and held her breath.

It seemed like hours before she was able to move, head peeking out
cautiously from the closet corner. The human slept on the cot his breathing slow and deep, waiting only a few more seconds she inched towards the way she had come in only to find, to her horror, it had changed as easily as the streets.
’Oh, oh no. I can’t leave! Don’t panic. Can’t panic…I’m scared!’

Pacing nervously back in forth she tried to quite her now heavy breathing, her eyes rolled anxiously before landing once more on the softly snoring human.

Without realizing it she found herself creeping closer, she hadn’t ever been this close to one. Keeping up her halting totter she stopped abruptly in front of the sleeping figure. Leaning forward carefully the young girl shoved her face closer to the humans.
’Humans and I don’t look any different! But the do sleep funny.’ So absorbed was she in her ‘human watching’ that she didn’t notice her body teetering forward and so it was as much as a shock to the human as to her.

It all happened in seconds; it seemed to move slowly in hours, the room spinning and whirling strangely as she fell to the ground in burning pain.

He woke in a fright he sword swing first and slicing her cleanly across. The yowling that filled the room sounded strange even to her own ears and she flopped away from the human in anger and fear. Her chest heaved and the sharp scent of blood stung her nose as she heard the human shout in surprise and felt him move towards her beseechingly.

”NO!” Screaming the one word over and over she scrambled to the only door and flung it open teetering down the hall, shoving any and all out of her way in her mad dash.’Hurts! Hurts! Blood, lots of blood, hurts!’She did not stop her blind though only cried and stumbled shifting quickly to move with more ease; she felt her fur mat quickly with blood, drying and tightening against her painfully.

The young fox did not get far though for in just moments she felt human arms close around her waist painfully. Snarling her teeth clamped onto the arm in a futile attempt to escape.

”Hold still little one. And release me, that hurts you know.” Although she could hear and understand the words the human spoke her brain could not seem to completely comprehend that they were not trying to cause her harm. Instead it only made the frightened Kelvic clench her jaw tighter around the arm.

Ignoring the slight pain running through his upper arm, Arian walked the small fox back to his room with slightly panicked steps. He knew the wound could not be too deep or the child would not have been able to move. Remembering his wake his guilt stung him righteously, he had not meant to hurt her; it had been a reflex. In the wilds the only people who got that close were thieves and murders or even monsters.

Once inside Alumine felt her instinct for survival press against any human-like thought in her head and releasing the man’s arm briefly she latched quickly onto the other, feeling the slick pop of a vein and her body fall and dragged herself once again behind the closet.
”That hurt. An eye for an eye? Come now I’m going to fix you.”

Hissing angrily she shoved herself farther back against the wall, but it came out weaker than intended and anxiously the fox watched her vision blur. Too much blood had been lost, too much running, her small body felt heavy; with a ‘thump’ her belly landed painfully on the floor. Her heavy pants filled her air and coarse fingers gripped the scruff of her neck gently. The last thing she knew was large, brown human eyes.

Young Alumine Human

Young Alumine Kit

Arian
Last edited by Alumine on July 23rd, 2011, 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alumine
Little Pickpocket

Words: 12421
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2011, 4:20 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alumine on July 23rd, 2011, 4:03 am

The smell that permeated air had a stench that was nearly foul enough to make her feel worse than she currently did. Opening her eyes only seemed to make matters worse for the odor stung her eyes viciously making them leak and the burn intensify. Still she managed to make out the shapes of the room, her eyes traveling leisurely around the room before memory sank in. Struggling suddenly against her own bodies pain, Alumine tried to escape.

“Already trying to escape? You’ll reopen your wounds that way, little one.” Watching the small animals movements grow ever the more frantic he took a step back and held his hands out in a placating manner. “No harm meant. Calm yourself. I’m only trying to help. Now I know you can understand me and—quit your squirming! I didn’t use that salve to waste it. Now you will sit there and be quiet until you heal? I don’t keep no life debts hanging over my persons, you hear me?”

‘He is one of those crazy people Ma talks about!’
Focusing her eyes wasn’t too difficult anymore but her senses still felt clouded from the smell of the salve and the pain that seemed to return only when she realized her injury. Keeping the human in her peripheral vision she rolled her eyes toward her stomach nervously and cringed.

“Looks bad. It could have been worse.”Arian ran his hand across his face and sat with a heavy thud on the floor, ”I could have killed you. I thought I killed you.”

Hazy red eyes watched his every movement with precision, she couldn’t allow another accident but she couldn’t understand his panic. Hadn’t he harmed her in the first place? And wasn’t he the one keeping her hostage? Then again he had doctored her wound, confusion settled and she tilted her head and released a small bark. “There you are! No reason to fear me! My name is Arian. You should be well enough to move around in a week. Though it’d probably heal faster in you human looks. No matting to the fur and that way you won’t lick it. Though the salves taste will keep you from doing that too often anyway.”

She listened cautiously, still not trusting him. In her human guise it would be harder for her to escape. ‘I want to go home.’ Her thoughts sounded whiney even to herself but she did not care, she wanted to go home and if being in human form speed up the process then she would risk it. It couldn’t be much worse.
Slowing closing her eyes and exhaling slowly she felt herself shift this time and it was not painless. Every muscle that morphed, every cell burned in retaliation and nearly made her regret her choice, the bandages even pooled at her feet revealing the angry colored wound.
“Much better isn’t it?”

“N-no!”He seemed shocked when she answered but he recovered quickly, flinging his head back in laughter.

“Since you seem keen on trouble young one, the next time I change your bandages pay attention. It’ll come in handy the next time you scare people silly in their sleep.”

Alumine shook her head roughly, no, no she would not need to learn because she would never go near another human again!
Alumine
Little Pickpocket

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alumine on July 23rd, 2011, 5:18 am

Day 18 of Summer, 510 AV

“Knock that off.”Small hands froze and flopped to the side of the wool dress. She wanted to take the thing off! It itched worse than her fur when she malted! “Now come here.”

Glaring slightly at the man she inched forward, she still didn’t trust him but she didn’t have much else of a choice. Folding her legs carefully under her she leaned her weight backwards and waited.[/color]

“That’s better. Now here is some salve. It’s just a few herbs you can find anywhere. Fir—focus girl!” Letting out a frightened hiss at the man’s tone Alumine shifted quickly to defensive, her eyes wide and trying to take in any move he might make.

“Don’t be getting all frightened just pay attention. It’s for yourself. Now, this,” [coor=green] he pushed forward a small green, spikey plant, waiting patiently for her to sniff it curiously before leaning back once more.[/color] “Is called Aloe. It’ll help with the bleeding, keep you from bleeding dry when you reopen it…again.Soak it in some water right as you break it and then drink it.”

Aloe
Bay
Basil
Evening Primrose

He moved his hands slowly to the bag beside him and pulled out a small cloth placing four more plants and a waterskin on the cloth he pointed to each.
“Basil—for pain relief. Bay—for antiseptic. Bayberry—to heal faster. Evening Primrose—for pains and wound healing. Most important thing, get them fresh, they not worth a damn if they not fresh. Got it? Good. Now you get them and smash them into mush, add water if you need.” He demonstrated with an ease that spoke of using the ointment more often than not, smashing them with his finger and wiping them onto the cloth and adding a few drops of water. “Now let it mulch in the sun for a while and you got your balm. Put it on as often as you can.”

Her eyes followed every movement he had curiously. It was strange to watch something like that and she feared he would make a poison but the…unique smell of the slave told her it was not. He watched her for a few more moments before thrusting the bag at her, he could not stay to watch her heal but he did not want to leave her to be ill either. “Bandages and more of the herbs.”
Chuckling slightly as the already bored child began once more tugging anxiously at her clothes he nodded,
“Go ahead, small one, go ahead. We need to show you that trick as well.”

“R-really?”

“Go on now.”
with a second thought Alumine yanked off the offending garment viciously.

“Hu-human c-clothes are strange-ge! I-I-I do no-not like!”

Shaking his head slowly he inched his hands forward, gesturing her to move close, she had bitten him more than once in both human and fox forms and he was in no mood to try it again! Warily creeping forward she turned her back slowly, the only form of trust she would give Arian.

“Bandages are easy now girl. Just make sure you don’t tie tight. So long as the medicine doesn’t leak it’s not too tight but if it be not pressing against you its too loose, understand?” Once she nodded jerkily Arian began unraveling the wraps that ran around the girls torso and covered up over her shoulder and even around her neck. The scar would be deep he knew, he just hoped her scar did not run in her blood. Kelvics were companionable by nature and he did not want to wound her spirit and he hoped the kindness and remorse he now showed would show her kindness and keep her trusting humans.

“Knotting is harder, if you don’t tie it right the whole thing will fall all over. You do a reef knot. That’s done easier if you measure the wrappings first and wrap them even like. Like this see?”
Pulling the leather thongs from his boots he tied one quickly before placing it in her hands. “Now practice and feel how I wrap the bandages.”

Reef Knot

They both worked in silence, Alumine having more fun playing with the strings happily and Arian wondering if she would remember anything he said. “Now you be tying it annnd…it is done. Now get some sleep I be stepping out for some time. I will bring you food little one.”

Waiting until she heard the door shut, she checked that the window was once more where it should be before tying the sack Arian had left around her neck with the shoe laces. ‘I want food.’ Her stomach rumbled loud in ascent but she dutifully ignored her pangs and shifted letting out a small growl of pain and shrugging off the now loose bandages. Trotting gingerly to the window she paused and turned to survey the room. The few days she had stayed made her both hate and enjoy human company. She wanted to stay but she heard her Ma’s keening wails only the night before. It was time for her to leave but first…

Moving back to the closet Alumine lifted her leg and peed in the corner before moving back to the window. It was her first human home and it would leave the human, Arian, something to remember her by. Mentally applauding her gift she struggled out the window and trotted through the city.

‘No wall? Why not? Hmmm.’ Now she felt a stirring of fear, perhaps she should have stayed but a quick glance to the side she noted once more an alley way, hobbling as fast as she could Alumine raced to the wall and sat in front of it sadly. It was too high for her to jump. Opening her jaws wide she let loose a cry for rescue. When nothing happened she simply sat and waited releasing more even few moments.

Relief flooded through her when her Ma jumped gracefully over the wall. Her Ma could smell the blood the moment she was close enough.
“Foolish pup! You are much too big for me to be carrying you like this. It will hurt a bit and rightly so!” Without waiting for her pups reply she opened her maw and clamped her jaw firmly around the scruff of her neck and heaved her over the wall before following quickly.
Alumine
Little Pickpocket

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alumine on July 23rd, 2011, 5:29 am

END
Alumine
Little Pickpocket

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallacy on July 23rd, 2011, 10:56 pm

XP Award!

Name: Alumine
XP Award:
  • Stealth- 2
  • Running- 1
  • Medicine- 3
Lore:
  • The First Adventure
  • Human Watching
  • Pain of a Sword
  • Survival Instinct
  • Passing Out
  • Aloe (Medical uses)
  • Basil for pain relief
  • Bay (Antiseptic)
  • Bayberry for fast healing
  • Evening Primrose pain relief/wound healing
  • Basics of herbs
  • Smell of Slave
  • Untrusting of Humans
  • Clothes are Strange
  • Bandages 101
  • Arian
  • Giving a parting gift
Notes:

That was very enjoyable to read, though if you continue to use the NPC Arian you might want to get him registered at the help desk :) Here is some information on NPC usage and how to get one in case you haven’t read it. Again, very nice thread and I hope to see more from you in the future.

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)