This Beats Tea Any Day (Mesa)

Dhatzu lures Mesa out of hiding and wonders where all the naked animal women are coming from.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Dhatzu on September 15th, 2011, 6:07 pm

Dhatzu stood, leaning on the short polesword, looking down at the crouching kelvic. Watching the wolf girl as she spoke, he was somewhat surprised to see flashes of long teeth between her lips. Her voice was low and non-threatening, though it still seemed edged with caution. The acolyte smiled slightly as she referred to him as kind.

"I don't know if kind is the word. I like animals, and you are a beautiful...wolf. I have actually met someone like you, which is why I am not startled. Though, to be honest, I never thought I would meet another." This time he would not sputter and marvel and trip over himself like when he met Dor. Kelvics were still fascinating and strange, but the shock of their nature no longer flustered Dhatzu. And this one, well, she was docile and not intimidating like Dor. Though this one certainly could have been in her wolf shape had she wanted to.

Dhatzu's gaze remained fixed on the woman, noting that her meek demeanor persisted. He found that interesting, and empowering, giving him confidence. Finding this creature was a boon indeed, and the tea leaves were forgotten as he carefully engaged with the klevic. He wanted to earn her trust. For what purpose he had not yet determined, but his curiosity and excitement were piqued.

"Mesa." He tried the name out loud. "I am Dhatzu." He paused as he looked down at her. His grin expanded as she offered to wear his robe. Should he make her dress? There was no one out here. An impish twist lifted a corner of his smile. "You don't have to wear anything, it is up to you. And you are welcome to continue to accompany me, if you wish." He added. "But I have to ask..." Dhatzu looked around the riverbank and surrounding slopes, "what are you doing out here?"
Dhatzu
Man is a substance clad in shadows

Words: 59424
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mesa on September 19th, 2011, 3:02 am

Mesa reached out with a slightly tremoring hand for his robe. She would honor the offer and wear it, if not for her own comfort, for his. Whether he had truly meant it to be up to her or not, she would oblige him. Carefully she stood and slipped the robe on, trying his name out loud as he had hers.

"Dhatzu. Dhatzu... I like your name." She murmured the last bit, afraid it may be too bold of a statement for the stranger. "I really do. I like names. They speak multitudes about their takers, I think. My name is not my own, but one I have given myself for lack of being given one by any other. I felt it was simple, and fit. Something of my own. The only thing of my own."

She looked around, observing her surroundings as she crossed her arms tightly across her chest. Finally her eyes found his cheeks, and then the curve of his neck. It was a bold thing, an assertive thing, to look another in the eyes. It was an action that spoke of dominance, that which she did not possess. She felt it was the most respective thing to find a place to look other than his eyes, to convey that she wished not to challenge him, but to listen to him attentively all the same.

"I was hunting here, in the mountains. I thought I had finally crossed a meal when you came by... I was afraid, so I hid. it is not in my nature to take to confrontation of any sort. And I... I should like to accompany you, if you would have me. It has been a while since I have had any sort of meaningful exchange with another intelligible being."
Avatar and CS pictures removed by management for duplication.
Mesa
Wolf Kelvic

Words: 22497
Joined roleplay: July 9th, 2011, 8:19 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Dhatzu on September 23rd, 2011, 2:45 pm

Dhatzu waited as the girl hestitantly to the robe from his hand. He wrapped the belt around his waist again and tied it, then slung his bag over his now bared chest. The air was cooling as the sun descended, but not enough to make the acolyte uncomfortable. As he watched her don his garb, Mesa's demeanor remained markedly submissive. Lhavitians were a people bound by courtesy and deference to others based on status, age and rank. But he had never seen anyone as demure as Mesa. He could not understand what caused her to behave so.

Though she now spoke freely to him, her gold and silver eyes seemed fixed below his face, on his neck. He craned his head to try to find what she was looking at, brushing at his skin to dislodge whatever drew her attention. Even as Mesa's eyes darted, she did not lift her gaze to his. Stooping slightly to reach her eye level, Dhatzu stared into her downcast lupine eyes.

"Mesa...Mesa, you can look me in the eye." Again, Dhatzu missed the subtleties of the kelvic being, and the wolf girl's intent to prove she did not intend to challenge him, as a wolf would. He sensed the fact, if only subconsciously, that she was deferring herself to him. Her submission was at once disconcerting, but also held a hint of interest. She was after all, a beautiful, if not a bit wild and disheveled, woman.

Having gathered the tea leaves he needed, Dhatzu resigned to return to Lhavit, having a good walk to return to the great path to the gates. As the sun set, the shadows were growing longer, a few, he noticed, had moved to watch the night stalker's interaction with the kelvic. As he began to move, they slid along unseen by the wolf girl.

The young man looked down at the kelvic as they walked. "I am returning to the city, where do you plan to spend the night?" Dhatzu knew that when he had met Dor she had simply been sleeping outside the city, roosting in a tree or a rock ledge. He assumed Mesa usually did the same, sleeping as a wolf. But, meeting Mesa was proof that not all kelvics were alike.
Dhatzu
Man is a substance clad in shadows

Words: 59424
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mesa on September 24th, 2011, 2:18 pm

As Dhatzu searched for her gaze, she nearly flinched. He knew she was averting his gaze. Truthfully, she could not decide if she did it out of submission or respect for this man. And even as he urged her that it was acceptable to look him in his eyes, she found it difficult. At first she simply looked down to his feet, but slowly she mustered herself to gaze up at him. His dark eyes were nothing she had expected based on the stares of others she had met. They were welcoming, observant, kind. Her body lost some of his tension as she absent-mindedly relaxed. As her breathing evened out, he spoke again.

Back to the city? That was right. He lived much different than she. At times it was difficult to remember that some races slept in beds, in homes, in tents. They had day to day chores and activities unlike that of an animal. Where Mesa merely ate, slept, and meandered around, Dhatzu was here searching for his tea leaves. He had a home and things he had to do.

”I had planned to hunt and then sleep here in the mountains. It seems my hunting will carry over into the dark night. I am usually not so close to this city…” She replied. The shadows were reaching out like claws to nab every bit of lighted surface. As it grew later, she tried to calculate when she had last eaten. A successful hunt was not usually so difficult, and yet as of late, it had been. She remained positive, however. There was always a significant amount of leftovers from other predators, edible fauna, bugs… Something wouldn’t be too hard to find, but the hunt was sometimes the best part of the meal. The thrill itself and knowing she had fended for herself improved her confidence. This exchange with Dhatzu had been interesting and thrilling in its own way, however, and she was happily satisfied without a meal.
Avatar and CS pictures removed by management for duplication.
Mesa
Wolf Kelvic

Words: 22497
Joined roleplay: July 9th, 2011, 8:19 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Previous