[Flashback] Adventure Starts Here (Tessa Poe)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Fela Meason on August 7th, 2011, 7:22 pm

23rd Day of Winter, 508 AV

Fela was lost in thought for some time. The clink of Tessa's coat sounded into the night as she drew closer to Fela. She could hear her speaking but nothing was registering. Fela was floating in a grey haze as the last few months pulsed through her mind at lightning speed. She was starting to panic and could not stop it. She felt trapped and scared but it was uncalled for. Salida had been nothing but kind, the kindest master any Kelvic could ever know. Fela wanted to travel so they were traveling, Fela wanted to go off on her own and Salida let her. No matter what Fela asked for she received and was denied nothing.

The memories shattered at the feeling of warm arms surrounding her and pulling her in close. Slowly the young cat came back to reality and realized what she had done. She had stopped suddenly in the middle of the street like a mad woman and completely zoned out. Fela raised her arms slowly, unsure of what to do, and wrapped them around Tessa. This stranger, her kindness brought tears to Fela eyes and a smile to her face once more.

Fela pulled back and wiped the tears from her face with the back of her hand.
I'm so sorry. I just became lost in thought. She scoffed softly. They say animals don't feel emotions. They lie. She smiled at Tessa, a big sloppy grin with lots of teeth. I think we even feel a little stronger than most.

Fela cleared her thought and composed herself. Her little show brought a blush to her face. I sometimes let my emotions get the better of me. A little laugh sounded off into the night. The passing Akalak stared at the two giggling girls as they passed by.

Fela managed to pat one on the arm to get his attention, he turned intense eyes her way and waited for her to speak. Fela cowered a little at his impressive height, he stood at least 6'7" and seemed just about as broad.

She found her voice,
sir which way to the lower tier? I'm staying at the Kulkukan Tavern and Inn and seem to have lost my way. The proud warrior did not respond with words but instead pointed. She followed his finger and beyond lay the winding stairs down to the lower tier. Fela gushed a thanks and bowed deeply the man. Excited she grabbed Tessa's hand and heads straight for the steps.

I really am sorry about before. I've had my turn to speak. Why not tell me about yourself? What was it like being on a caravan? I want to know everything about this world and all the wondering it holds. Fela smiled at the girl. Why not start with your story?
Last edited by Fela Meason on August 10th, 2011, 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Words: 149056
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Tessa Poe on August 8th, 2011, 8:57 am

Tessa smiled in relief as she felt Fela's arms encircle her, apparently hugging the girl had been the right thing to do after all. She dried her eyes and stood looking up at Tessa, she hadn't even realised Fela had been crying, but she seemed to have stopped now at least. "Really, it's alright, I know I get a little wound up really easily too... Da always said I was too sensitive for my own good." and then she said something that confused her. Something about how animals don’t' feel emotions, what did she mean by that? Should she ask Fela, or just let it pass? It probably wasn’t a private thing since she’d not made a big deal of it, but still there were questions you just didn’t ask sometimes.

Before Tessa had the chance to make up her mind Fela was off and leading them again and the thought was forgotten as they wandered along some more. She had to admit it was much better being lost in company. Fela's laugh seemed to be almost infectious, and Tessa found herself joining in, that is until she tapped an Akalak on the arm to ask for directions, a very big one at that and she fell silent, sort of half hiding behind the much shorter girl. He towered over the pair of them and Tessa was reminded of how much they'd worried her earlier when she'd first arrived, and her admiration for Fela grew just a little more too.

Still this one gave them the directions they needed and Fela took her hand and led her off where he'd pointed, and Tessa couldn't help but wish she had her confidence. She'd have been panicking if she had to ask one of the Akalaks where she was... and yet Fela just went and did it without a second thought. It really did seem like someone up there was smiling down on her these last few days. But Fela wanted her to talk about herself, so she swallowed nervously as she tried to think of what to say.
"Oh... ummm... well it's not that exciting really, it was home, you know? We were all like a big family, there was my Ma and Da, and Mother Trevile, she looked after us when we got sick or hurt, and there was Gregir, and Mr Jones who ran things and he always seemed sort of angry but Da always said that was just because he was the boss, and he had to be that way to make sure everyone got their work done." Tessa paused for a moment, glancing over at Fela, worrying that she was boring her already, but she had asked to hear about it so... "We all pitched in with whatever needed doing, and everyone pretty much got along, well most of the time. Mr Jones would usually settle things if it got out of hand though. He planned out the routes too, and made sure we took the right cargo for wherever we were going. He used to get me to help him count the stock as we went along, he used to say ‘Everybody works, no exceptions!’” Tessa laughed softly as she did her best to impersonate his big booming voice, smiling happily at the rush of memories, most of them good she had to admit. “So yeah… we were always on the move, always had a market to get to. You’d pitch up briefly, trade and move on. We’d go to Syliras, Sunberth, Ravok, Endrykas, that’s the last place I was, and it was beautiful! Everyone was so nice there, and they all look out for each other, if I had to choose anywhere to settle down I think it'd have to be there." Tessa was beaming as she spoke of Endrykas excitedly, practically skipping along at the thought of it all, at least until other memories came to call and her face fell with them. "But… then... well Ma got sick a couple of seasons ago, and… Mother Trevile said there was nothing she could do about it, nothing anyone could do… and… after it all and watching her... it didn’t feel like home anymore, not without her. So I thought I’d see some of the world for myself, you know?” Tessa finished off by biting at her lip, she wasn’t going to cry, she didn’t want to worry Fela as the now all too familiar ache started in her chest, it always came when she thought of her Ma… how she’d started to get thinner, and thinner, bone white creeping through her hair as she got weaker. It was like she was back there again, lying there in the tent next to her Ma, not sleeping as she listened to the sound of her breaths that came further and further apart to the point where she’d stop for a moment, and then a moment more before she took a great gasping breath and the cycle started all over again.

She took a deep breath, pushing the memories aside, squeezing a little tighter at Fela’s hand that was still clasped in her own. She needed something to distract herself, something to turn her thoughts to that didn’t involve… and then she remembered what Fela had said, about being an animal. “Never mind, it’s just the way things go, right?” She tried with an obviously false attempt at being cheerful again, “Can I ask you something though? Before, you said something about being an animal? What did you mean by that? You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to, it’s just not something you usually hear and all.” She tried to smile but wasn’t entirely sure if she’d managed it or not, it’d pass though, it usually did. She just had to try and think about something else.
Tessa Poe
The Neurotic Wanderer

Words: 241539
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2011, 8:32 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Fela Meason on August 10th, 2011, 3:22 am

The clouds had cleared from the sky and left it a chilly velvet amethyst studded with jewels, twinkling specks of hope against the blackness of a cold harsh night. Combined with the view of the Suvan Sea stretching miles into the distance it was a breathtaking winter night. Leth's light reflected off the waves far below them as they approached the winding path downward and Fela could not but sigh at the perfectness of this very moment in time.

Tessa spoke affectionately of her home back on the caravan with the occasional nervous giggle. Her life seemed bucolic and peaceful. A swirl of names danced in Fela's head while she tried to keep up with each one as Tessa told her about each of their responsibilities.

They started their downward trek towards the lowest tier, the steep steps were slippery from the spray of the Bluevein River and the moss it produced. The conversation moved to Endrykas and the girls love of it, her steps had a little joyful wiggle them and Fela found herself tense and ready to reach out and steady her at a moments notice. Skipping was fun, but not the safest thing to do on moss covered steps several hundred feet above the sea. Tessa's feet lost their impish gait and she returned instead to dreadful rhythmic beat, her face had also lost all it's joy as she broached the next subject,
But… then... well Ma got sick a couple of seasons ago, and… Mother Trevile said there was nothing she could do about it, nothing anyone could do… and… after it all and watching her... it didn’t feel like home anymore, not without her. So I thought I’d see some of the world for myself, you know?

Fela matched her serious face and nuzzled Tessa's arm gently. I am sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a parent can be a very trying time for anyone. She heard Tessa take a shaky breath, she knew she was trying to pull herself together. Fela recognized the sound as one she had made many many times in the past and was all too used to the causes of that sound.

Her heart ached for this human, for all humans. They trudged along building emotional attachments knowing that loss was inevitable. Sooner or later everyone you love or have loved will die. Sooner or later you will die and leave someone behind who loved you. The concept was foreign to the young cat, but she was starting to understand. The more time she spent with Salida the more she understood how this human must be feeling, if she were to lose Salida she might feel much the same way.

The girls gave Fela a watered down version of the Syna bright smile she had become used to seeing on the nervous girl's face and changed the subject.
Can I ask you something though? Before, you said something about being an animal? What did you mean by that? You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to, it’s just not something you usually hear and all.

Fela smiled softly at her question and absentmindedly ran her tongue over her pointy cuspids. She turned her multicolored eyes to Tessa with an intense look. Fela was not ashamed of what she was but she had learned from her brief interactions with humans that to them she was either a threat to them and to be quickly distrusted or she was a slave. They treated her like a mindless servant who could not think for herself. Fela internally scoffed at that, she was not like most Kelvic.

I think that conversation would be best left for another day. This night has been so delightful and I would hate to ruin it.

The edge of the stairs were soon under their feet and through the crush of people Fela could see the red lanterns of the Kulkukan Inn. She turned to Tessa, Do you have somewhere to stay tonight? You are more than welcome to stay with us. My food is your food. Fela did not know why she was being so kind to this human. She was a decent enough person, more decent than most she had met, but food was a precious resource to not be taken lightly. This girl, Tessa, held a deep sadness under all of that bubbly personality, a sadness that broke Fela's heart and made her want to reach out to her and comfort her.

We don't use the bed in the room anyway. Don't really care for it.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Tessa Poe on August 10th, 2011, 2:46 pm

Tessa was touched by Fela's words, and the little comforting gesture she made. It seemed she liked physical contact... well maybe, she wasn't sure. It was always so hard to tell with new people. It wasn't like she minded though, Fela had been nothing but nice to her after all. She'd really not been sure what to expect when she'd decided to head for Riverfall, finding this sort of kind welcome hadn't been very high on the list though. She was lucky she’d run across Fela when she did really, if not for her she would have probably ended up spending the night in a doorway, and that looked really uncomfortable. Plus… what were you supposed to say to the person who owned that doorway when they found you there in the morning? Why did any of that matter in the slightest?

She pushed those thoughts to one side and was about to reply to Fela's comforting words, but then every thought was wiped from her head as she caught sight of the sea stretching as far as she could see. Leth's pale light glittered on the waves as they came running towards the shore far below them, her breath misted and drifted past her eyes, lending the scene an almost dreamlike beauty. How had she missed that? Had she been that wrapped up in herself that she'd only just not noticed it? Her lips parted slightly, as if she was about to speak, but there was nothing to be said. This was why she'd left the caravan, this was why she was out in the world all alone, the chance to see sights like these. She kept her eyes fixed on it as they continued their descent down the stairs, hardly paying attention to the slippery steps underfoot so lost was she in the view, doing her best to burn it into her memories. She knew she never, ever wanted to forget this moment.

Finally though she had to look away, mostly because her view was being blocked by an awful lot of people, where had they come from? Tessa finally came back to reality again, glancing down at Fela as what she’d been saying finally filtered through, catching sight of her canines, they seemed a little longer than normal. But then everyone was different, weren't they? "Of course we can leave that question alone, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pry or anything, and... well no, I don't really have anywhere to stay, I figured I'd just get a room or something when I found an inn, but then you know, I got lost... would it really be alright if I stayed with you and... Salida? That's her name isn't it? I don't want to intrude or anything... it’s not like I’d blame her for being wary of a stranger spending the night with you both or anything…" She realised as she spoke, or rather babbled, that she really didn't want to leave Fela's company, not for tonight at least. The memories of her Ma were still there, lurking in the back of her mind, and it was a bad idea to be left alone with them. She knew she'd probably spend the night in tears if she was. She shifted a little nervously from foot to foot, hoping that Fela wouldn’t change her mind, all the while still flicking glances back towards the obscured view in the hopes that she’d catch a glimpse of it again.
Tessa Poe
The Neurotic Wanderer

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Fela Meason on August 17th, 2011, 7:19 am

Fela smiled brightly at Tessa and grabbed both of her hands pulling her towards the Inn. Of course I don't mind! Fela was a very social animal and was excited to meet someone new and get to know them. The young cat was barely a year old and this was her first step outside of her home. Everything was exciting and new and shiny.

She opened the doors to the inn and made her way towards the stairs on the side. The inn was done is a deep shade of crimson almost the shade of blood and was always filled with the most delectable smells. The inn boasted a large supply of fruits and veggies not found in this area normally. The kitchen held some of the most talented chefs Fela had ever encountered. This wasn't saying much since the only food Fela had ever eaten, aside from what she could kill herself, was the cuisine of Alvadas. While the city was quite beautiful one could never be certain that the meat pie they were biting into was really a meat pie. Fela had on more than one occasion expected cake and received rancid meat or expected a steak and received steamed asparagus. She shuddered at that memory.

Fela had reached the door to their room and opened the door slowly. Salida was sitting on the bed carefully grinding away at some herbs she had gathered on their travels. A smile stretched across the Kelvic's face as she watched her bondmate work.
Salida? She called out to catch the blind girls attention. Salida looked up from her work and smiled at Fela. A sweet innocent smile, Fela never wanted to see that smile fade.

Salida we have a guest. Her name is Tessa. I let her know she could stay with us tonight. Much better than sleeping on the street. Fela let go of Tessa's hand and walked over the her bondmate and led her over to their new acquaintance.

Salida bowed deeply before extending her hand to the girl.
My name is Salida Kylin, my father owns a shop in Alvadas and we would be honored to have you stay with us tonight. Much too cold for one to be staying by themselves.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Tessa Poe on August 25th, 2011, 2:11 pm

Tessa found herself dragged along by the smaller girl as she made her way through the crowd, though it seemed she was having an easier time of it than Tessa was. Still if she crouched a little here and there to follow her as she ducked and dived through the crowd the going wasn’t too difficult, even so she kept up a string of muttered apologies as she pushed her way through, it wouldn’t do to offend someone. Soon enough they were through and within the inn itself, Fela confidently pushing the door open and walking straight in. It was quite a lot to take in, especially with the people gathered in the common room. There were snatches of conversation drifting all around her, competing with the scents of something delicious cooking hanging from in the air and coming from the back of the room, presumably where the kitchens were. The crimson walls seemed a little close and she found she didn't particularly care for the shade as her eyes scanned around the room. There was something slightly oppressive and menacing about it, as if the walls hid some sort of secret behind their almost but not quite bloody appearance. She was probably imagining it though, new places and all that, and as her eyes adjusted to the light she found herself relaxing a little at least. There were still too many people here for comfort and as the conversations started to rise again she found it almost impossible to hear herself think.

Thankfully she didn't have to spend too much time enduring the common room and its atmosphere as Fela was off again, heading up the stairs which Tessa guessed led to the rooms. She followed along behind until they reached a particular door which Fela opened more carefully and then followed her into the room, grateful for the peace and quiet again. She scanned around the room curiously, her eyes instantly drawn to the girl sat on the bed and apparently working away with a mortar and pestle and Tessa couldn’t help but wonder what she was working with. She was pretty certainly, with her silvery blond hair and strikingly pale skin, though she could probably do with a good meal or two… maybe the pair of them didn’t have much in the way of money? Tessa would have to offer to help pay for the room tonight, it’d be the least she could to repay Fela for the kindness she’d shown her so far this evening.

As Fela explained what had happened thus far and then carefully led the other girl, Salida, that’s what Fela had called her, over Tessa caught sight of her eyes and couldn’t help but stare at them for a moment. They were clouded over, as if something was wrong with them, but she didn’t want to seem rude and ask so she simply just took the girl’s offered hand carefully in her grip, afraid of hurting her if she held on too hard. She really was on the thin side after all. At least she didn’t seem to want to bite her to say hello as Fela had done, that was something else to be grateful for.
Thank you so much for your hospitality Salida, I didn't realise just how cold it got out there and I was really quite lost before I ran into Fela. I’m Tessa, but you know that now, oh and my Da works as a caravan guard.” So many new customs to learn it seemed, if Salida’s way of greeting was usual for Alvadas that is. She’d have to remember that if she ever had a chance to visit the city, though why you’d tell people what your father did she didn’t know. Still, different people had different ways of doing things and it all took all kinds of folk to make a world. That’s what… Ma… had always said.

She bit the inside of her cheek, hard, driving that thought away as she carefully disengaged her grip from Salida’s. She slipped her pack from her shoulders and set it down near the door with a sigh of relief, hoping it would be out of the way there and not taking up too much space. She grimaced a little as she rose again, her muscles protested, she still wasn’t quite used to carrying that much weight by herself. She rolled her shoulders back and forth, feeling the twinges that ran through them and her back as she tried to loosen and work them out, eyes flicking back to the comfort that the room’s bed offered. It’d been a while since she’d been actually comfortable as she slept and right about now it was looking awfully inviting. Her coat she left on for the moment, wanting to wait until she felt actually warm again before taking it off. “Really though if it’s a bother having me in here just let me know, I can always see about finding myself another room since Fela’s been so kind as to lead me here. If you’re sure it’s not though can I, well, you know, help pay for it or anything? I… don’t want to impose…” She was nervous again without quite knowing why, maybe it was just because it was an awkward subject to have to bring up? Well that and she really didn’t want the girl to say it wasn’t alright for her to stay. She’d spent far too many nights in tears recently and here in this snug little room with these two nice seeming people she might be able to avoid another.
Tessa Poe
The Neurotic Wanderer

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Fela Meason on August 30th, 2011, 2:58 pm

Fela almost laughed at Tessa, this girl was entirely too nervous, but restrained herself. Fela was glad that of all the people she had to run into it had been her. Some might have tried to take advantage of her, Tyveth be told poor Salida had already had her run in earlier that night with a cheap swindler. The memory still burned in her mind.

They had just arrived in the city and had not even settled into the inn yet, a spinner of "truths" approached and offered to read her fortune. The old woman had been dressed in rags from head to toe with a ratty pack thrown over one shoulder. Her waist length hair had been tied back in a loose pony tail at the base of her neck, one could see the gray encroaching on what at one time might have been the darkest raven strands in all of Cyphrus. The woman's eyes matched her former hair's glory as did the whiskers jutting from her chin.

Salida was too kindhearted and had been eager to help ease this woman's need. She agreed to pay the price for a glimpse into her future despite knowing the woman was a fraud. The woman told her that misfortune darkened her horizon but her fate could be changed if she would only purchase a warding scroll for the small price of 20 gold rimmed Mizas.

Fela scoffed at that. Salida politely declined where as Fela might have just torn the woman apart. The woman promised them there would be trouble and they soon ran into the same trouble just as predicted by the woman, the trouble were her own sons. It didn't take long to notice the family resemblance. Sun glinted off the steel of the blade...

Fela was pulled out of her memory by the idle chatter of Salida and Tessa. She smiled softly, the only thing that matters is that Salida was safe now.

Honey it is no trouble at all. The room is paid for, with a bed unused and it is more comfortable than a doorway. Would you not have done the same for a stranger in need? She offered the girl a friendly smile. She didn't know this girl, less than a few short bells ago her face would have been unfamiliar. To make assumptions like that was never a good thing but Fela knew in her heart that this girl was kind. Her innocence at all the wonders of the world reminded Fela of herself those few short days ago when she herself left her home to see all there was to see. She had dove in head first and never looked back.

Fela went about preparing the room. She gathered all the cloaks and neatly hung them on the hooks by the door. The room had warmed up enough by now it was not necessary. Under the bed one would find a stash of blankets and pillows Fela had requested as soon as they had arrived, she now pulled them out and divided them among a pallet on the floor and the bed itself making sure the girl would not be cold during the course of the harsh winter's night.

The young cat had an eccentricity when it came to sleeping on a bed, she hated it. Simply put she just hated it. Curling up on the floor was a much preferred method of sleeping for the cat. While she worked she called out to Salida,
Primtava would you mind running downstairs to purchase some bread and meat for the evening. I don't know about any of you but I myself could eat a Tskanna single handed! She had read about the Taloba beasts of burden recently while traveling. One of the other passengers on the ship had been a scholar well versed in all the races of the land. He only had one loosely bound book that had been written in common but it had passed the time well.

With the bedding laid out Fela felt the sudden weariness of the day pulling at her. Falling into the pile of blankets she yawned so wide her jar produced strange creaking noises.
I don't know about you. But I think the dreamscape is calling my name. The rumbling in her stomach would not allow for sleep just yet but soon those needs would be met as well and the Kelvic could close the book in this day and open a new one tomorrow.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Tessa Poe on August 30th, 2011, 4:04 pm

Tessa was reasonably sure she'd not have offered to share her room with a stranger on their first meeting, though she'd have certainly helped the stranger find a room of their own, even help pay for it. She had to admit, now that she thought about it, she wasn't entirely sure why she was agreeing to share Fela and Salida's room now. Well aside from how... well nice the two of them seemed. But still the thought occured to her that she'd have to... get changed for bed, wouldn't she? And if she did that she'd have to... or at least they'd both see them. Well alright Fela would see, Salida might not, depending on how bad her eyesight was. Tessa didn't particularly want to ask, it might have seemed rude of her to pry. Maybe it'd be better if she just slept in her clothes, it'd certainly save on awkward questions.
"I guess I would," She finally replied with a smile, "We've all got to look out for each other after all, that's what... Ma... always said..." As her voice trailed off with a note of rueful longing in it she realised it had been a mistake saying that, to bring her Ma up again. The tide of memories threatened to overwhelm her again as she stood there, trying to find some way to hold them back.

It was then that Fela appeared beside her, holding a pair of cloaks in her hand. It took Tessa a moment or two to realise what she wanted before she shrugged herself out of her coat and handed it over, apparently she seemed to want to hang it up with the cloaks. As ever there came a soft metallic jingle from within it as she watched Fela hang it up, the sound strangely comforting and providing a welcome distraction from her own thoughts. She hadn't wanted to say no to the girl’s silent request, strange as it was to have someone do it for her, and besides she doubted she’d have been able to find the words to do so anyway. She watched her work and busy herself around the room over Salida’s shoulder, splitting pillows and blankets between the bed and a pallet that lay on the floor, wondering again why the two of them didn't want the bed they'd paid for, but caution and politeness held her tongue from asking that question as well.

Does it matter? Look at that bed, look how comfy it is! She slapped that nasty little thought away, though it was right, the bed did look comfy and she couldn’t remember the last time she’d gotten to sleep in one. As such as she loved the open sky and the fresh air out there… it was nice once in a while to just lie back and relax without having to go to all the effort to get a camp in order. The warmth of the room was starting to seep into her, and she held her jaw shut with an effort as she felt a yawn coming on. That bed was looking more and more inviting all the time.

She glanced over at Fela, apparently now entirely comfortable in her little nest of blankets on the floors as she spoke, noting the odd words she used to ask about later before chipping in as quickly as she could. “Let me get it, and help carry it and all. Least I can do to pay you both back for your help and everything.” She had to admit part of her offer was born out of a worry for Salida and her apparent poor vision, she didn’t want the girl to take a tumble on the staircase on the way down, or on the way back up for that matter. Though thinking about it she was probably used to making her way without being able to see… she just had to hope that she hadn’t offended her with her offer. She might be a little touchy about accepting help or something, people were strange like that sometimes. The other part was simply that she was ravenous, it had been quite a while since she’d last eaten and most of that had been spent tramping round out there in the cold. Some food and then an honest to the Gods bed to rest in… Fela was right, the dreamscape was calling to her, she hoped there’d be pleasant things waiting there for her.
Tessa Poe
The Neurotic Wanderer

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Fela Meason on September 20th, 2011, 5:33 pm

Salida seemed a bit taken aback by Tessa's offer for help but smiled none the less. She was well aware of her lack of abilities but had learned to navigate around the best she could, yet she was grateful for the offer of assistance. Most did not think to offer and just assumed she had developed a system of navigation. In truth Salida was always running into things and falling down. She did her best not to be helpless and hinder Fela but her condition would not allow her to be on her own for very long. She stifled the urge to sigh and turned instead towards the sound of Tessa's voice. If you would be willing to run this small errand for us it would be most appreciated. She didn't want to say it but the day had taken a lot out of her and rest sounded like paradise.

Fela watched the exchange between the two from the shadows on the floor. She knew how much Salida's disability pained her and she was always encouraging her to accept help from other people. She smiled at her bondmate's rationality.

OOCSorry so short... :(
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Tessa Poe on September 21st, 2011, 5:09 pm

OoCNo worries Fela, I know you're full of busy at the moment :)

She really hoped she hadn't caused any offence, it was sort of hard to tell. She didn’t know either of them well enough for a start and since they didn’t know her… well they were probably going to be more guarded. Or something like that. It probably wasn’t the best idea to obsess over it all though, just do what she’d offered and move on from there. She nodded in reply to Salida before she remembered about her eyes and simply said "Honestly, it's not a problem, I'll be back in a chime with it." Truth be told she was just glad to be a little useful to the pair of them after they'd been so kind to her... and she didn't want them to think she wasn't appreciative of all the help they'd offered her. She gave Fela a little wave and headed out into the hallway, following the sounds coming from the common room since she’d not really taken much in while following on behind Fela on the way up here. It wasn’t until she was halfway to the stairs when she remembered that her purse was in her coat, the same coat that Fela had kindly hung on the back of the door for her, which meant… Tessa glanced back over her shoulder with a resigned sigh and turned back to head to the room. This was just great, now she was going to look like a moron in front of both of them.

She knocked politely and pushed open the door with a slightly embarrassed, “Sorry, forgot my purse…” and quickly reached round to fumble over the pockets that lined her coat for the familiar shape, and then suddenly the problem wasn’t just that she’d forgotten her purse, but also that she’d forgotten which pocket she’d left it in. Finally she just admitted defeat and took the coat from its hook and quickly closed the door again, settling it over her shoulders and wandering down the hallway as she checked inside it, finally finding her purse as she reached the top of the stairs. At least now she could get the meat and cheese and all for dinner, maybe the food would help them forget the whole forgetting her purse thing. Or something.

At least getting the food from the bar was relatively painless, and soon she was back at the door with a tray balanced precariously in one hand, wobbling slightly back and forth as she tried to make sure the water jug didn’t spill, she didn’t want to end up soaking the bread or anything. “I’m back… well obviously, ummm…” She announced as she pushed the door open and glanced round the room to find somewhere to set the tray down as she kicked the door softly closed behind her. That little movement ended up threatening to overbalance her burden and her free hand whipped up to catch it, fingers gripping tightly at the tray's edge with a little sigh of relief as she managed to keep it from falling. This hadn’t been the most graceful evening of her life, had it? “I got some bread as well, they said we could have it since it might be a little stale, but if you tear off the stale bits the rest should probably still be good, at least I hope so. If not… at least it was free?
Tessa Poe
The Neurotic Wanderer

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Previous