[Arrhizal Apothecary] Is this safe to eat? (open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Fela Meason on July 28th, 2011, 2:12 am

12th Day of Summer, 511 AV

She had been lost for chimes. I know I have a home, I know that home is somewhere and I know I have seen that same shabby little fence at least eight times! Fela stomped her feet in frustration. No matter which turn she made or which street she took she could not find her way home. It was like she was literally walking in circles. She had yet to stumble across anything she recognized. No Gardens, no Bizarre and above all no home.

There were no stores, only small shabby houses with small shabby fences and small shabby lives. Fela was becoming more and more grumpy as the day wore on.
Funny, Fela began to speak, I don't even see any people. She looked around and sure enough there wasn't a soul to be seen. She didn't even see any animals scurrying about.

A flash of white caught her eye and she turned her head to investigate.
At last a per-... She trailed off even in her own thoughts and wondered if "person" was the right term for the thing she was seeing. The man, she hoped it was a man, was painfully tall with long slender limbs and alabaster skin. His face was twisted into a bitter scowl that looked all too comfortable on his face. Fela thought of asking him for directions but given his appearance he might be lost himself. Why else would any one look so utterly miserable?

She started the short walk over to the creature to see if he was lost or if he indeed knew where he was. He never noticed her and scampered into a nearby building. Fela signed but continued walking. He was the only sign of life she had seen in quite some time and she needed help. She approached the door and slowly she noticed, it was a shop. She building did not stand out much against the shabby little building that surrounded it, but the clean walls were a dead giveaway that it was not part of this neighborhood.

She pushed open the door and stepped inside,
Hello? She called out. The man. who had positioned himself behind a small counter, only grunted a response back and continued polishing a mortal and pestle set that was on the counter.

Fela crinkled her nose up at his rudeness and starting picking her way around the shop and towards the counter. Bottles and cans were everywhere, stands filled with dried herbs were placed precariously in the middle of the walkway and she had to wind herself around the maze of them before she was able to stand directly in front of the man. She waved a hand in front of his face.
Heeeellloooo. I need some help. She placed her hands on her hips and waited for a response.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Words: 149056
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Keido on August 30th, 2011, 8:30 pm

The best way to get to know a new place is to explore. And on his travels this is what Keido liked to do. Most of the time he would be training of course. But other than that he would like to learn the cultures of other races and maybe how things are done in other cities. The world is bigger than Syliras. Far more bigger and different. And even if he loved the city he was from he cannot help but marvel at how all the others have came out.

It seemed that the woman before him was not the only one lost. Alvadas the city of Illusions. A lot of people would learn to not trust their eyes but in Keido's eyes, everything was a marvelous new thing. Just like the building right in front of him. It was somehow different from all the others.

The nature of this neighborhood was unknown to Keido. But one thing he knew for certain. Differences always meant persecution. And persecution almost leads to violence. Maybe there was something to learn from this place. It certainly would not hurt.

When Keido walked through the door everything was different. There were strange things displayed all over the place. Very invitingly. The nicer looking things were up front and the not so nice ones were at the back. And there was also a counter with measuring equipment in front of him. The idea occurred to Keido. He must be in a shop! And the things here were for people like him to buy.

Still, he did not know what any of this things were so how can he even buy one. Maybe the shopkeeper would be kind enough to help. But it looked like he has to attend to the woman before him. That is alright, Keido can wait for his turn just like every other civilized person.
Keido is now dead as of 34th of Fall, 511 AV (16th of September, 2011). I will do my best to finish all existing threads before I retire him so people with him right now don't worry.
Keido
A Naive fool in the City of Illusions

Words: 134206
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 10:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Fela Meason on September 14th, 2011, 12:01 am

Irritation came off Fela in waves as she waited for the shop owner to acknowledge her in any way. At long last he cast his eyes upwards at her hand as if it were a vile thing and he would love it bite it off. Fela responded with the sweetest smile she could paint onto her face. Well now, thank you for taking time out of your busy day to pay attention to someone. Fela looked down at the mortar and pestle he had been cleaning. It was pure marble and white. Black swirls played along the white surface in delicate little lines before thinning and disappearing back into a sea of white. It was quite lovely and she had half a mind to see if the man would be willing to sell it.

An irritate grunt pulled her attention away from the polished marble and back to the shop keeps face. Fela had to crane her neck to look into his eyes, this was not an odd situation for her. She was very used to being the shortest in the room.
Yes...right...Sorry. My name is Fela...Her words were cut off by another irritated grunt. He obviously did not care about her name. With a small sigh Fela continued. I'm lost, not that I think you can help me, and this is the first sign of civilization I've seen in a while. She thought about her words after they left her mouth. Maybe calling this grumpy man in front of her civilized was stretching the truth a bit far.

Being lost is not my problem and if that is all you have to say then I ask you to leave. I have customer's to attend to. The man barked at her. Confused Fela cocked one eyebrow up. When she had entered the store it had been completely devoid of people and resembled a ghost town more than anything. Fela "looked" around her but not with her eyes, with her nose. Scenting the air Fela was quickly able to pick up on the shop keep's scent. He smelled of the earth. Scents overlapping one another in a symphony of plants and dirt. A second sniff and another faint whiff greeted her: A human. Fela slowly turned around and was surprised to see someone standing behind. Somehow she had not heard them entering. It made her nervous to think someone could sneak up on her like that without her knowing.

Finding her voice Fela regarded the man standing and waiting patiently.
Sorry I didn't see you there. She smiled at that. I would say i'll let you get to your business but I don't think this one here, she jerked her thumb back to point at the shop keep, is very helpful. Are you interested in herbal medicine? I know a little.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Keido on September 14th, 2011, 2:35 pm

This was something new. Normally, Keido had seen shopkeepers acting really friendly to potential customers. Only when they found out that those customers were not buying or had enough money to pay they will become rude and mean. Things were handled really differently in Alvadas. Or this shop at least.

Once the woman was turned away she came to talk to Keido. She seemed surprised for some reason. Keido did not realize that he was that intimidating. He should be looking for a clothes shop instead of an apothecary. Otherwise there would be more people treating Keido like this woman here.

"Maybe you are right about this one. If you don't mind telling, I don't mind listening."

Keido knew nothing about herbal medicine, but learning new things always interested him. If there was a willing teacher, they will always find a willing student in him. And since he already saw how the shopkeeper turned away an earlier customer, he doubted that the man will help with his questions. Especially when he himself has no idea whether he would be getting anything from this store.
Keido is now dead as of 34th of Fall, 511 AV (16th of September, 2011). I will do my best to finish all existing threads before I retire him so people with him right now don't worry.
Keido

Character sheet

Postby Sasshyaaddanc on September 14th, 2011, 5:00 pm

She truly could not stand this city. True she had stumbled their by choice but it did not make her choice any more agreeable. It was only supposed to be a passing stop, she would eat, gather coin, clothes, ect. and leave—but no! It was not to be, instead some fool dared to try and drug her! He dared to try and steal from her.

An irritated noise rose from the back of her throat and she glared at the ever shifting street, it was doing nothing to help to foul mood. The only pleasant side to the man’s mistake was that her stomach was far from empty; she had only recently strode out of her small heaven in someone’s chimney. They had been quite surprised, not doubt the look was frozen upon their face even in death.

But now she was bored, she could not leave with the winter months inching forward and the air cooling, true she was raised in Taldera but it did not make her fond of the weather. Not to mention they had been in the ground most of the time, it was much warmer that way.

It was then she heard the voice, it was such a familiar voice, she would not have forgotten it—not even in death. Her head whipped to the side and she scanned the crowds for the owner of the voice, for her brother. Swearing she had seen him she moved swiftly through the crowd, shoving people roughly as they got in her way, he was headed to an alley! Smiling icily she darted forward only to freeze the moment her foot touched the alley way.

She was now on an empty street, nothing and no one around. Not even any sounds caught her attention, it was complete nothingness—save for a few poorly made houses lined the area and plants. No people, human or otherwise were in sight. A wave of anger poured through her and she viciously dug her nails into her skin to smother her cry of anger. It would not do to attract attention if there were people hiding

It was then she spotted him, he walked calm and easy stride towards a tiny little hovel-like building, the door swinging shut after him firmly. Walking with a swift purpose now she stopped herself at the front of the door to straighten her appearance out, one could not gain trust if one did not look their best. Deciding she would be one for a more friendly approach today she entered with a quick slam of the door, managing to catch the end of the conversation.

“Are you interested in herbal medicine? I know a little.”

"Maybe you are right about this one. If you don't mind telling, I don't mind listening."

Purposely she made her voice span across the room to catch their attention if the door did not, “I too am in need of…herbal knowledge.” Smiling widely she strode forward to stand beside the two,"I am Addanc. And you are?"
Main PC: This one

Alt PC(s):
Erin Hedge

Amanita

PC's on Hold (as in will use...eventually)
Cygnus
Nis'ah Soray
Sasshyaaddanc
Player

Words: 20712
Joined roleplay: September 11th, 2011, 11:58 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fela Meason on September 20th, 2011, 5:05 pm

Fela smiled weakly, she had offered to help the man but in reality her knowledge was quite limited and she was still leaning herself. Salida had taught her a few things but Fela still had the possibility to really mess up.

Maybe you are right about this one. If you don't mind telling, I don't mind listening. The man told her.

Fela laughed quietly to herself,
This is my first time meeting him but he seems like quite a character eh? She cast her eyes backwards to glance at the shop owner who had returned to his work and wasn't paying them a bit of attention. As an experiment Fela pulled out her coin purse and let it jingle, she had about 5 gold mizas and 10 silver mizas. Her purse sounded much more full than it was in reality but maybe it would be enough. Sure enough the shop owner turned his eyes back towards Fela and regarded her carefully.

Satisfied she turned back towards the other customer who had come in behind her.
Greed and social niceties don't always go hand in hand. Fela held out her hand to shake, a trick she had learned from her human bondmate and her stay in other cities. Fela opened her mouth to speak when a woman glided up to join their little circle.

I too am in need of herbal knowledge...I am Addanc. And you are?

Fela resisted the urge to crinkle her nose, another Dhani. She couldn't seem to get away from them. The dry musky smell of snakes invaded her nostrils and set her on alert. It had been only two days since her last run in with one and it had not left her with a pleasant taste in her mouth. Putting on her best smile and giving Addanc her attention.

I am Fela friend. With a fake smile she turned her hand towards the woman for a handshake and then crossing arms she extended her other hand to the man as well. Looking a bit strange Fela stood waiting with a forced smile on her face.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Keido on September 22nd, 2011, 4:22 am

Keido questioned what the woman was doing with jingling the coin pouch. In moments like this isn't it normally the person who got the services the one to pay? Then he noted that she was looking back for the reaction of the shop owner and true to that he was watching her differently now. Keido gave a little chuckle at Fela's petty way of getting back at the man.

Standing there Keido only thought that the pair of women were normal humans like him, not a kelvic and a dhani. Because of that he himself was not even aware of any potential problems between them.

"Fela and Addanc, I am Keido" giving a smile of his own.

Following her lead, Keido took Fela's hand for a shake and crossed over his other to Addanc. Like Fela he only thought of this as a normal social nicety.
Keido

Character sheet

Postby Sasshyaaddanc on September 22nd, 2011, 10:31 pm

”I am Fela friend.”

"Fela and Addanc, I am Keido"

Pleasantries were never her style but it seemed to work well today and as they shook hands Addancs watched their faces carefully for any signs that her plan would fail. The seemed like simple enough people, nothing stood out, at least not from what Addanc had seen. Still peering into each face she made her observations.

The man seemed oblivious, smiling and ready to be civil, most likely an easy catch, but the woman…friend indeed. She could practically taste the disgust hanging in the air and for all her fake smiles her eyes would not lie.

Gently releasing both hands she wondered what the woman, Fela, was to know she was Dhani. Well, it wouldn’t bother her too much unless she got in the way of Addanc’s fun time. Not that she was hungry she simply wanted to watch the handsome man scream and if Fela wished to scream as well she would butt in.

Tilting her head slightly she grinned in the man’s direction,
“And for what reasons would you be needing knowledge of herbs?”

Without waiting for an answer she swiveled her gaze to Fela, “I’m sure you will be able to teach us much. But should we not leave this…delightful store.”

She wanted them somewhere they would not be missed. Keeping her posture relaxed and none threatening she waited for the two to agree with her. If they did not, well, the game could always be more interesting. Glancing back out the window she wondered if she should time herself on how fast she could catch her prey.
Main PC: This one

Alt PC(s):
Erin Hedge

Amanita

PC's on Hold (as in will use...eventually)
Cygnus
Nis'ah Soray
Sasshyaaddanc
Player

Words: 20712
Joined roleplay: September 11th, 2011, 11:58 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fela Meason on September 26th, 2011, 6:32 pm

The man had a firm handshake and Fela respected that greatly and rewarded him with a friendly smile. Pleasantries over Fela started to let her eyes wander around the store and take in everything offered. It was quite amazing. The assortment of glass bottles and jars stuff with dried and powered herbs, it was enough to make her head spin with delight. How she wanted to dive right in and explore each herbal possibility. She was struck once again with the realization that her knowledge was much more limited than these two problem were looking for.

I’m sure you will be able to teach us much. But should we not leave this…delightful store. Fela turned her eyes back to Addanc as she spoke and regarded the rude nature it was that she threw a question out to Keido and didn't bother to wait for a response. Her lips curled into nearly a snarl. Fela was always worried about hiding her emotions but wasn't bothering right now. Meeting Vhanet had been a horrifying experience for the Jaguar and only further confirmed her distaste for the children of Siku.

Fela shook her head gently. I may have stumbled upon this store by complete accident but I do have some shopping to do so I am sorry. If you wish to know more you are welcome to wander the store with me and I can point out what little I know. She offered a warm smile. Some belladonna had caught Fela's eye by the counter and she simply had to know more about the plant Salida had loved so dearly.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)