Scattered Messages (Chemar)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Ven on July 28th, 2011, 8:34 pm

Day 50 Summer, 511 AV

Today was a bad day for Ven even if he tried to make it seem like it wasn't, the morning was long for him and the breakfast meal was already over. He had missed out on his first meal and his stomach didn't like it at all, on top of that the messages were piling up on him. Never before did he think he would have such a bad day as today. Just when he thought that it would be OK his hand full of messages slipped, scattering on the ground around him. He couldn't take it anymore, he was ready to explode. His "roommate" for one was always too busy to help him out much, that and she usually didn't want to. He couldn't blame her though, after seeing such a pathetic state he's in right now he would probably think the same. A few of the human locals laughed at him when he bent to pick them up, and he couldn't help but say what he had to in order to feel better.

"Damn you humans and your useless pathetic ways of working just to earn such a useless way of living, I swear all of the things..." his ranting continued to a series of hateful swears and curses, but died down as he was about done picking up the scattered messages. Until something hit him, a fact that no doubt made him hate his job even more. He didn't remember who all the messages went to, or came from really. Sure he could remember the faces of the people and how oddly different some of them smelled, but he wasn't sure if these letters didn't have the same scent. Picking up an letter he put it to the test, finding some traces of a familiar scent he had when a woman gave him this letter. Both were identical but not exactly the same, but still it was a start. "Hopefully by the end of the day I'll have all this mess straightened out and delivered."
Ven
Player

Words: 40692
Joined roleplay: April 12th, 2011, 1:46 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Chemar Tisserand on July 31st, 2011, 12:22 am

Before she was anywhere close enough to see the body attached to the string of expletives, Chemar tried to picture who owned the forceful rant. Dek, possibly... though one with a great deal more fortitude than most. Male, from the register, though it could have been a very mannish woman she supposed. Young, absolutely, no one that she'd met of any age would dare release his real thoughts of society into the air of Wind Reach, save a few Endal she knew.

Her curiosity was nagging her to get a look at this fellow, so she moved toward the voice with purposeful haste. With the rounding of a corner, she spotted him, retrieving the last of what she imagined had been a carpet of letters at his feet. She stopped, crossed her arms, and leaned against the stone wall to watch.

Curiously, he began sniffing the letters. Switching between two in particular at first, and then moving on to others. It made her think of a game that she an Rae used to play as children; they would sneak into the spa, past the hours of business, usually at Chemar's insistence. One twin was subject and the other master, the subject, while blindfolded would need to identify, by smell, whatever the master produced. Failure resulted in a generous taste of the mystery. Chemar had failed once, and regretted it, still able to taste oil soaked ash at will in spite of the fact she had not sampled it since that day.

The look on the young man's face told her he was using the scent of each letter to uncovered some mystery. What is her looking for? He hadn't noticed her yet, and she had no wish to startle him, but her curiosity had gotten the best of her.

"What is it you're looking for?" They were the only two around, so he would have no trouble in knowing she spoke to him. "Perhaps I could help you." Above most things, Chemar enjoyed a mystery, a fact made evident in her profession; Unweaving the tangles of her client's subconscious to find a way to ease their suffering, end their fear, or simply release their tension. She waited to see if the stranger would accept her help, a soft smile lifting the corners of her full lips.
Chemar Tisserand
Mmmly

Words: 132143
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 4:04 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Ven on August 1st, 2011, 10:23 am

One thing that surprised Ven was that someone actually paid attention to him, even though he was at the bottom of the chain too. He knew what caste this woman was too, he learned well to obey and respect them when they were speak to him. She was Avora but she treated him with kindness when she approached, yet they were alone for now so she had no reason to put him down. "Oh uh excuse me my lady, I was just sorting out these letters I dropped. The sooner I get it done the better off I am at delivering them." He took a sniff of another that he picked up, and in his mind traced it back to where he originally first noticed this scent. Such a job was difficult, but this exercise was the only way to get him out of the pickle he was in. He felt he was being a bit rude to the Avora since he was focusing more on the letters, so he diverged half of his attention to her while the other half was sorting out the letters.

"I'm Ven by the way, a messenger Dek who is trying to work his way up at least." He felt odd talking to someone of her status, the only person he ever really talked to before was Vala. Of course that was when he first got here, since then though he'd been slowly coming out of his shell. He noticed she seemed observant, particularly when he sniffed the letters; he felt better obliged to explain. "I'm a Kelvic fox really, and the only way for me to know who these letters originally came from is identifying their scent. Which works for me, considering you humans almost have unique individual scents." He grinned after that, to brighten his mood and hopefully put a smile on the Avora's face. "What about you though?"
Ven
Player

Words: 40692
Joined roleplay: April 12th, 2011, 1:46 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook